PDA

View Full Version : Eagles and Birdies golf bags

BrisWesty
5th July 2010, 09:05 PM
Any love for these out there? Looking at a "The Big Fridge" model.
A couple on e-bay finishing up in a couple of days currently for $100 + postage. Drummond have them at $230.

Yossarian
5th July 2010, 09:45 PM
Rubbish bags from some small time overseas company I think BW...

MegaWatty
5th July 2010, 10:06 PM

Titleist?

Golfnut
5th July 2010, 10:15 PM

Can't wait for OMS to bite at that one :twisted:

PeteyD
5th July 2010, 10:33 PM
Interesting comment. I thought they were an Australian company that has quite a good name. Could be wrong though.

MegaWatty
5th July 2010, 10:36 PM
Interesting comment. I thought they were an Australian company that has quite a good name. Could be wrong though.

I believe he's taking the piss.

PeteyD
5th July 2010, 10:50 PM
I gathered from the second comment, after the event so to speak :D

IanO
5th July 2010, 11:36 PM
Ignoring the fact that they are made in sweat shops in China, I have one, but not the big fridge, and it is excellent.

BrisWesty
6th July 2010, 07:17 AM
Thanks folks, comment #8 was the most useful to me.

just
6th July 2010, 08:43 AM
Ignoring the fact that they are made in sweat shops in China, I have one, but not the big fridge, and it is excellent.

Are there any that aren't made in sweat shops in Mexico and China?!
I have E&B stand bag and have had no problems, like it a lot.

Daves
6th July 2010, 09:20 AM
I have being using an E & B Bag for a couple of years now and find it very good. Nothing has broken, failed etc. Mine is the original little fridge version. The lined cooler is OK but don't expect it to be like an esky. I usually freeze a bottle of water to put into it and that keeps everything nice and cold. But if you put a drink out of the fridge into it, then it would be warm at the end of the round. I saw the Big Fridge version selling for around $200 after Christmas, mine cost $199 on special at Drummonds from memory.

BrisWesty
9th July 2010, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the help folks. Got The Big Fridge model for $133.50 + $12 postage!. (How on earth can someone post a golf bag for $12 from Victoria, when yesterday it cost me $7.70 to post an A4 size bag from one side of Brisbane to the other? - suggest he's subsidising the postage.)

It gets better though. Turns out the vendor lives about 5 minutes from my brother and s-i-l, and 15 mins from my folks, and the guy does free local pickup. My parents are coming up next week. Free delivery!

Vendor is Dominic Azzopardi. Does that ring any bells for sms or the rest of the Vic crew?

dave1
9th July 2010, 12:57 PM
Not a bad bag but reckon mizuno bags are the go...much lighter and better pockets

sms316
9th July 2010, 01:11 PM
Vendor is Dominic Azzopardi. Does that ring any bells for sms or the rest of the Vic crew?
Never heard of him. I think E&B may have changed hands in the last year or two.