PDA

View Full Version : New Golf Shoes

GolfBallWhackerGuy
5th July 2010, 03:33 PM
Contemplating on getting one of these. Not sure which as Ive tried both on and they seem to fit real well. Any advice on quality etc??

Im also looking at the Nike Air Zoom TW's? Anyone have any experience in this shoe?

rodders
5th July 2010, 03:50 PM
I have always used FJ classics. Great shoe but prone to cracking if not cleaned and oiled as advised.

Just got my first pair of adipures. I love them but only played 2 rounds so no idea on durability.

I was thinking of icons but already have spare unused classics so tried something new.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
5th July 2010, 04:06 PM
Cool. Let mw know how the Adipures work out. Cheers

AlexMc
6th July 2010, 09:10 AM
Is there a huge amount of difference between the Adipure's and the Tour Limited's? I have had my Tour Limited's for about 12 months and quality has been good, although they blistered like a bastard for the first 6 weeks or so...

GolfBallWhackerGuy
12th July 2010, 09:56 AM
Now looking at the Nike Air Zoom TW 2010. Are these any good?

ParMaster
12th July 2010, 11:18 AM
Footjoy tend to be the most comfortable shoe and by far the widest fit. I reckon you just need to go to the local golf shop, try on some shoes, hit some balls, and choose from there..

GolfBallWhackerGuy
12th July 2010, 11:56 AM
Yep will do. Just thought I'd get opinions on quality and durability as new shoes are always good - its 6-12 month down the track which separate the men from the boys. Cheers

macjackass
12th July 2010, 12:03 PM
I think I say this in every thread about shoes but you can't beat powerbands in my view. Look good, comfortable as and wear really well.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
12th July 2010, 03:37 PM
Hey Mac, are the powerbands similar to the adidas tour metals?

Golfnut
12th July 2010, 03:50 PM
No, their probably a good cross between and the FitRX and the Tour 360 4.0 imo.

Courty
12th July 2010, 07:54 PM
I have the Nike Air Zoom Elite II's (model below the TW's). They are sweet as, that's why I now own 3 pairs.

Hux
12th July 2010, 09:48 PM
Puma Tour Saddle SL....now other than leaving huge dents in soft Qld bent grass greens they are like having feathers with cleats strapped to your feet.

Great light weight walking shoe - just not water proof.

KristianJ
11th August 2010, 01:28 PM
Thread bump...

I'm thinking about picking up a couple of pairs of closeout Footjoy Contours from golfshoesonly.com for what will turn out to be $100 a pair landed - anyone ever bought shoes from there and know what time delivery usually takes, and does anyone have any experience with the Contours?

Dryjoys closeouts are $20 more per pair, so I may grab one pair of those and one of the Contours.

Dotty
11th August 2010, 02:14 PM
A big thumbs up for the Contours. (Last couple of pairs lasted 2 years / 200 games, and only replaced due to desire to buy something new.)

Pro... I find the softer-higher heel suits me better than the Dryjoys, and they are supple enough to be worn 18 holes straight-away.

Con... I think that I've had three different sizes in those three pairs (but I have short high-arched kiddy feet that are hard to fit and resort to Clarks school shoes for work.)

Captain Nemo
11th August 2010, 02:19 PM
Footjoy's all the way!

KristianJ
11th August 2010, 08:58 PM
Well, I've just ordered a pair of these:

http://www.golfshoesonly.com/shoe/footjoy-contour-series-shoes/p_pd-1005698.aspx?clr=47-47-0&gd=2&sz=23,27,25,

And these:

http://www.golfshoesonly.com/shoe/footjoy-dryjoys-shoes/p_pd-1005702.aspx?clr=12-13-81&gd=2

$200 delivered all up - very happy with that!

MegaWatty
11th August 2010, 09:06 PM
No group buy love K?

KristianJ
11th August 2010, 09:11 PM
I got too desperate, MW. :oops: Was going to try the Woodworm ones out, but I didn't like the looks of the Players ones, which were the only ones available in a 13 US.

MegaWatty
11th August 2010, 09:15 PM
Yeh. I didn't like the WW's either. Still interested in their wets though.

The Adidas on Golfshoesonly don't seem that cheap but the FJs are a good price. Only issue that I have is that FJs normally differ in size between models which is pretty frustrating.

KristianJ
11th August 2010, 09:46 PM
I'll find out the hard way, I guess. :) It's a little risky not doing the "go in store and try them" thing, but here's hoping they'll be a nice fit.

MegaWatty
11th August 2010, 09:56 PM
You'll be right mate. ;)

KristianJ
11th August 2010, 09:57 PM
So where did TF get those shoe trees?

MegaWatty
11th August 2010, 10:00 PM
Shoe tree. I'd like one of those!!!

Daves
11th August 2010, 10:08 PM

Well worth the money. I use them for my boat shoes, good leather shoes etc.

TourFit
11th August 2010, 10:49 PM

I seem to have one...got quite a lot of fruit off it this year!!!

Actually the Izzo adjustable plastic shoe trees are great...$4.99/pair was too good to be true.

KristianJ
16th August 2010, 03:25 PM
Well, my shoes arrived this morning - 2 days ahead of schedule (they used FedEx Int'l Economy, even though their site said UPS Worldwide Express, but they ended up taking about as long as FedEx Int'l Priority takes so I can't complain). I realised on Friday night that instead of ordering black/black Contours, I'd ordered white/black, but I'll get over it :)

There's a little bit of room around my toes, but the width is spot on and snug around my heel and ankle area for both the DryJoys and Contours. Build quality looks good. Very happy with them, and I'll try out one of the pairs on Thursday morning.

MegaWatty
16th August 2010, 04:02 PM
I may have just got some new Powerband 3.0s.

TourFit
16th August 2010, 04:58 PM
HO !!!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

MegaWatty
16th August 2010, 05:30 PM
$143!

KristianJ
16th August 2010, 05:52 PM
Multiplied by? :p

MegaWatty
16th August 2010, 06:05 PM
True story!

Golfnut
16th August 2010, 07:05 PM
That's cheap MW....

Took the 360 4.0's out for a game on Saturday morning......all I can say is bloody excellent, very comfy and super stable....no blisters, no pain. My FitRX were giving me a bit of pain on the right foot big toe knuckle but these are a much better grade of leather and a much better fit across the toes.

MW, I tried the Powerband 3.0 on and they weren't too bad.....thinking of a pair as a summer shoe but the 360 4.0 is another step up in terms of comfort.....PB 3.0 can be had under $170 locally if that's any help.

KristianJ
19th June 2011, 08:20 AM
Another bump...

Anyone ever had a pair of Nike Air Max Rejuvenate shoes before and can give some feedback on sizing, comfort, durability, etc.? I'm on the lookout for some black shoes and have an eye on a pair on the Bay (seller is clubsandsticks) that are pretty reasonably priced. And yes, there is the chance I can do a group buy.

rubin
19th June 2011, 12:48 PM
I've had a variety of the air max shoes, but can remember all the names. They are always very soft and comfortable and they last forever, but the sizing is a little wider than normal, and the spikes seem to wear a little quicker than other brands, but their easily replaced.

razaar
19th June 2011, 02:13 PM
Yesterday, one of my playing partners gave me a new pair of FJ Icons. Are these any good, they feel quite heavy?

ddasey
19th June 2011, 02:45 PM
Yesterday, one of my playing partners gave me a new pair of FJ Icons. Are these any good, they feel quite heavy?

Nice....

CanuckDownUnder
19th June 2011, 04:22 PM
I've had most Nike's from the First TW's which were like bricks with laces. From Air Max's to TW's. Good for about a year , but they seem to crack along the toe box as the leather isn't high quaility. Now using Ecco Biom's. From their natural motion line. They are the most comfortable shoe's (golf or other) that I have ever worn. No breaking in period. Softest yet durable leather like cabretta. I like them so much I bought the original running shoe version. Get'em online overseas as they retail about $350-400AU here.

KristianJ
19th June 2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Ian. Re. the cracking along the toe box, is that with once or twice a week wearing? They'd be joining a rotating roster that has 3 pairs in it already, so they may only get one wear every 3 weeks to a month.

FWIW, I'm also looking at some FJ Sport or Superlites from Carl's Golfland for the potential group buyers.

bergsey
19th June 2011, 09:38 PM
That's cheap MW....

Took the 360 4.0's out for a game on Saturday morning......all I can say is bloody excellent, very comfy and super stable....no blisters, no pain. My FitRX were giving me a bit of pain on the right foot big toe knuckle but these are a much better grade of leather and a much better fit across the toes.

MW, I tried the Powerband 3.0 on and they weren't too bad.....thinking of a pair as a summer shoe but the 360 4.0 is another step up in terms of comfort.....PB 3.0 can be had under $170 locally if that's any help.

squizzy has the tour 360 4.0's for $109.... only a couple of colours/sizes though... didn't get in quick enough on the freepost sale!

Golfnut
19th June 2011, 10:00 PM
Ended up getting mine replaced under warranty bergsey, at long last (Even though I'm sure they will wear in the same spot again - gotta love adidas warranty:) ).......while I was at G B I picked up a pair of the FJ Contours with the BOA lace up system for $150 in black as a winter shoe. So far I have worn them for 2 rounds and they're getting more and more comfy.....the right foot was a bit sore after the first time out but the 2nd time it was much better, I wore thick work socks that time so hopefully they will have stretched nicely.

Dangals
20th June 2011, 09:45 AM
FWIW, I'm also looking at some FJ Sport or Superlites from Carl's Golfland for the potential group buyers.

I need to grab some new shoes so let me know if you are going to put an order in as I will probably grab a pair or two as well.

BrisVegas
22nd June 2011, 10:24 AM
The Adidas Powerband and Tour 360 - are they as waterproof as the Footjoy Dryjoys? The Tour 360 looks like the waterproofing only goes halfway up the shoe? The Powerbands look alright. My old 360s have worn through the inner heel.

Peppas
22nd June 2011, 10:40 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on the footjoy medium and wide size? How big a size difference is there? At the moment I'm wearing Adidas powerbands I think, and they were and still are a little tight around my foot. I pretty much just tie it as loose as I can. Trying to decide whether to get medium or wide...

BrisVegas
22nd June 2011, 10:49 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on the footjoy medium and wide size? How big a size difference is there? At the moment I'm wearing Adidas powerbands I think, and they were and still are a little tight around my foot. I pretty much just tie it as loose as I can. Trying to decide whether to get medium or wide...
I'm a 11.5 wide (E) in the Footjoys. In my Adidas Tour 360 I'm a 12. I can't see any width info on them. The Footjoys fit me a bit better. The Adidas laces are further apart, ie. the shoe is not as wide. I remember years ago, AndyP and I bought some Footjoys from the states. He got the medium fitting and found them too narrow.

Daves
22nd June 2011, 06:04 PM

Depends on whether you are buying OZ/UK sizings or US sizings. I buy wide (W) fittings for OZ/UK sizings, but only medium for US sizings. I find their wide is wider than ours, not excessively so, but it is noticeable. Remember also that with US sizings their half sizes are actually longer where our half sizes are just wider i.e. a 9 & 1/2 wide here is a just a wide 9, in the US a 9 & 1/2 wide is 1/2" longer approx and not wider.

Peppas
22nd June 2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm a pretty standard size 11 US for most of my shoes (footy boots, sneakers, basketball boots, etc) but just wondered about the medium & wise. Daves I actually got told a similar thing about the FJ medium being a bit wider than other brands so was just going to run with that, seeing as I fit into a regular size 11 US in the Adidas powerbands. Thanks for the advice!