PDA

View Full Version : NSW Match play TS vs Zip

TS
23rd April 2005, 05:28 PM
I know I was in trouble when zip told me he has been playing golf in Melb all week. And Flowergirl had been passing on her secret matchplay tactic.

Zip had a flying starting with a par and win first hole. It was a close match and it was all square on the fifteen. I had a bit of luck in the next couple of holes and won the match 2 & 1.

TS

3oneday
24th April 2005, 04:38 AM
Well done Tony 8) , should we consider playing our match at New Brighton ??? I don't give a toss either way, and we will be on the same group. I've never played the course before, so that should make me good for an 85 or so :lol: :lol:

Pete

Jarro
24th April 2005, 07:37 AM
Congrats on the win Tony 8)

.. who do you play after you towel Pete up :?: :P :lol:

TS
24th April 2005, 09:08 AM
Well done Tony 8) , should we consider playing our match at New Brighton ??? I don't give a toss either way, and we will be on the same group. I've never played the course before, so that should make me good for an 85 or so :lol: :lol:

Pete

Hi Pete

Sure, we can play our match next Sunday. I had a hard time at New Brighton last time I play there as well. Should be fun.

TS

TS
24th April 2005, 09:10 AM
Congrats on the win Tony 8)

.. who do you play after you towel Pete up :?: :P :lol:

I don't want to talk big before the match and then get done like a turkey like what happen to Trung!

Jarro
24th April 2005, 11:17 AM
Congrats on the win Tony  8)

.. who do you play after you towel Pete up  :?:  :P  :lol:

I don't want to talk big before the match and then get done like a turkey like what happen to Trung!

just make sure, while you're playing Pete in your matchplay, you mention that he would play a lot better if he had new irons ..... the ones he has just don't seem to getting the job done :wink: :P

Jono
24th April 2005, 02:54 PM
Congrats on the win Tony  8)

.. who do you play after you towel Pete up  :?:  :P  :lol:

just make sure, while you're playing Pete in your matchplay, you mention that he would play a lot better if he had new irons ..... the ones he has just don't seem to getting the job done  :wink:  :P

He's just got a new set of MP32's ... and from what he tells me, he's hitting them pure ... about a club further than the Raven blades. This might work to your advantage, Tony. Just slip in a "sure you haven't got too much club there?" once in a while ... :wink:

Good win, BTW. From your form at Bayview few weeks ago, I knew you would be hard to beat.

markTHEblake
24th April 2005, 03:32 PM
 This might work to your advantage, Tony.  Just slip in a "sure you haven't got too much club there?" once in a while ...  :wink:

I would love for someone to try that one on me.

jimandr
24th April 2005, 09:01 PM
Where's the Zipptopp version?

We need more detail of the TS side of the story as well. At the very least, we need a description of The Turning Point Of The Match :wink:

990B Luva
24th April 2005, 10:00 PM
theOLDfart[/b]]
This might work to your advantage, Tony. Just slip in a "sure you haven't got too much club there?" once in a while ... :wink:

OK, i will then :lol:

markTHEblake
24th April 2005, 10:10 PM
theOLDfart[/b]]
 This might work to your advantage, Tony.  Just slip in a "sure you haven't got too much club there?" once in a while ...  :wink:

OK, i will then :lol:

sorry son, i will be the one that is laughing.

zipptopp
25th April 2005, 08:38 PM
OK here's my version of events.

TS and and I were close all the time. Neither of us got better than 1 up at any stage before the final 2 holes. We both had the advantage on two occasions. Tony was one up at the 16th and took the 17th with a par.

We both had an enjoyable time and whilst Tony was not playing his best it was good enough to bet me on the day. Mind you his driving and short game were pretty good.

I'm sure with a few strokes up his sleeve he'll do well against Pete

Good luck next week Tony