PDA

View Full Version : Forum Changes

AndyP
23rd April 2005, 04:34 PM
Thought I would start a topic to keep you all up to date on what has been changed in the forum.

For those that don't like the extra spaces they put into posts being automatically removed, I have installed a mod that allows the multiple spaces now. Might make it a little easier to line up columns now.

This is a test. ;)

markTHEblake
23rd April 2005, 10:35 PM
T h a n k y o u

AndyP
4th July 2005, 12:17 PM
Over the next few days, the look of the forum index page will change.

The order of the forums will change, some new forums will be added, and they will all be put into categories.

Hope you don't get too confused. ;)

Fishman Dan
4th July 2005, 12:22 PM
The Pro Shop is being moved to the top of the list finally??

3oneday
4th July 2005, 01:46 PM
The Pro Shop is being moved to the top of the list finally??nah, there's an auto ignore set on all of yours  8)  :lol:  :lol:

McMw
4th July 2005, 04:03 PM
someone's got plenty of time on his/her hands!!! :shock: :lol:

Flowergirl
4th July 2005, 04:14 PM
Looks good :D

drunken
4th July 2005, 06:47 PM
keep on keeping on dippy

AndyP
5th July 2005, 12:31 AM
New forum added to General Talk category: Sports Bar.

We thought that there was enough chat about other sports to warrant it's own forum.
I've moved some of the more recent sports topics across from the 19th Hole forum too.

Jarro
5th July 2005, 04:28 AM
good work P 8)

drunken
5th July 2005, 07:36 AM
andy will you be providing the kegs for the bar??

AndyP
6th July 2005, 03:07 PM
Two new forums added to the Golf Talk category.

Tour Talk
A separate place to chat about the tournaments and players from the various tours.

Course Talk
Somewhere to talk about golf courses.  Could include some pictures, reviews, a guide.  Or you might just want to ask about some courses in an area.

That means Golf Matters is left for everything golf that is not covered by the other forums.

I'm moved some topics across into these forums to get them started.

Fishman Dan
6th July 2005, 03:39 PM
You mean... surely not.....

Golf Course AR-CHI-TECT-TURE?!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

['bout bloody time ;)]

Jarro
6th July 2005, 03:44 PM
yes Fish, now your boyfriend will have somewhere to post about things he actually DOES know something about :roll: :P

markTHEblake
16th July 2005, 07:15 PM
put the Ozgolfer Talk section down the bottom. Its the least used one, and everytime i go to the forum, all i see on the screen is inactive discussion groups - makes the whole forum seem unpopular.

Fishman Dan
17th July 2005, 02:13 PM
When brought up in chat (aka - whinging post according to the admin), he advised me it was a golf forum....

I can't agree more Blake.

AndyP
17th July 2005, 04:27 PM
put the Ozgolfer Talk section down the bottom. Its the least used one, and everytime i go to the forum, all i see on the screen is inactive discussion groups - makes the whole forum seem unpopular.
Use the scroll button on the right.

AndyP
5th August 2005, 09:29 PM
Added an extra statistic (underlined) to the Who is Online section on the forum index page.

We have xxx registered users of whom yyy have actually posted.

Thought it was interesting, and hopefully encourage a couple of zero posters to post.

AndyP
7th September 2005, 08:03 PM
Are you popular?
Are you constantly getting PMs from fellow OZgolfers?
Sick of not being able to move easily between all those messages?
Sick of having to go back to the Inbox just to read the next message?

Well, you can stop tearing your hair out. The problem has been solved. :roll:

You can now move backwards and forwards between the PMs in all four of the mailboxes.
On the top right of each message there are two links to do this. Clicking on 'Next private message' moves to a newer message, and 'Previous private message' moves to an older message. Another screen will pop up if you reach the end of the messages.

-----------------------------------------

See pic here:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7881/pmnavigation4xb6vy.jpg

-----------------------------------------

Let me know if there are any problems.

3oneday
7th September 2005, 08:21 PM
So, when can I block Fishy ???

:wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Fishman Dan
7th September 2005, 08:57 PM
So, when can I block Fishy ???

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You flatter me :P

AndyP
8th September 2005, 10:54 PM
If you receive emails notifying you that you have received a new PM, the link supplied previously directed you to the Inbox.

It should now link directly to the actual PM. 8)

AndyP
8th September 2005, 11:35 PM
A column has been added to the OZgolferlist (http://ozgolf.net/forum/memberlist.php) that displays the date that a member last logged into the forum.

AndyP
3rd November 2005, 05:03 PM
Just moved topics relating to the OZgolf Champs weekend to it's own forum temporarily. Will return them when the Champs have finished, and the discussion doesn't dominate the 1st Tee forum.

AndyP
2nd December 2005, 03:45 PM
Overnight I have added a Global Announcement modification. This is a type of announcement that when posted, sits at the top of every forum on the site. You should be able to see the forum guidelines, at the top of each forum now.

Only administrators can post these, but it will be better for goughy, instead of him posting shirt topics all over the place. Chucky could have asked us to turn his spray into one as well, instead of multiple sprays.

AndyP
2nd December 2005, 08:54 PM
Another small modification to separate the Global Announcements, Announcements and Stickies within each forum, so they stand out a bit more from the normal topics.

markTHEblake
2nd December 2005, 09:54 PM
why didnt you announce this with a global announcement?

Courty
2nd December 2005, 10:16 PM
why didnt you announce this with a global announcement?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

AndyP
11th January 2006, 10:14 PM
I-have-just-added-a-Force-Word-Wrap-Mod-that-forces-any-significant-long-pieces-of-text-to-wrap-around-to-other-lines....This-is-handy-for-extra-long-URL-addresses-that-force-the-page-to-widen-and-make-us-use-the-horizontal-scroll-bar-which-is-annoying.......Sometimes-the-page-widened-for-an-image-not-because-the-image-was-too-big-but-because-the-url-address-was-long.......I-also-noticed-that-using-two-of-the-new-userbars-side-by-side-extended-the-width-of-the-page,-once-again-depending-on-the-size-of-the-two-url-addresses,-so-that-should-be-able-to-be-done-now.

mike
11th January 2006, 10:59 PM
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee !