PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid stiff shafts. Mitsubishi rayon javelin.

Flavzz
2nd July 2010, 05:08 PM
Mitsubishi Rayon Javln Hy shafts. Anyone used them in hybrids? Specifically if u have hit them in stiff flex what stiffness do they play? I'm after something firmer than my current stiff irod ust shaft. I've used chris32's hybrid with a stiff aldila and that's similar to what I'm after. Would this be similar to the Mitsubishi?

henno
2nd July 2010, 11:22 PM
The irods should be pretty stiff, so not sure what's going on there. I have a proto javlyn in my hybrid and it doesn't play that stiff to flex.

Golfnut
2nd July 2010, 11:38 PM
I play them in my Burner hybrids Flavzz but only in R flex....from what I'm told, in Stiff flex, I doubt they will be stiffer than your current Irods.

Flavzz
3rd July 2010, 02:00 AM
Hmm thanks guys. Just feels whippy and I don't swing it overly fast. It has been spined and flowed, does that soften the shaft up at all?

adlo
3rd July 2010, 11:53 AM
Agree with above comments, they "feel" soft to flex but can take a fair bit of loading. They are def softer than irods.

Flavzz
3rd July 2010, 03:46 PM
Cheers Ads maybe the initial flex is soft but the stiffness comes in progressively after that. I guess I just gotta get used to it some more. Sort of feels like i lose some control because of that initial flex.

Golfnut
3rd July 2010, 11:36 PM
IMO the Javlns love a smooth tempo Flavzz, that's not to say you can't hit it hard ;)