PDA

View Full Version : Shell Houston Open '05

3oneday
22nd April 2005, 07:28 AM
Gavin Coles starts with a 7 under 65, chalk one up for the short hitters of the world I guess 8) 8) :D
http://www.pgatour.com/scoring/leaderboard/r
Quite a few other Aussies in contention.

Pete

Jarro
22nd April 2005, 07:39 AM
nice -4 from Ogilvy and -3 from Pampling as well 8) Pamps has had a pretty good time of it lately.

Singh is the one that has everyone on their toes though shooting a first round 8 under 64 :shock:

Onewood
22nd April 2005, 07:42 AM
Gavin should be able to make the cut from here :D

Ogilvy with a 2 on the par four last help's 8)

3oneday
22nd April 2005, 07:49 AM
We all missed Brendan Jones, -5 with 4 to play as well....

Pete

Onewood
22nd April 2005, 08:27 AM
We all missed Brendan Jones, -5 with 4 to play as well....

Pete

Now 6 under playing the par 5 9th his 18th 8)

Brendan is a West Wylong boy.....my home stomping ground :D

Onewood
22nd April 2005, 08:29 AM
I was going to put a few quid on Pamps on the way home last night but got sidetracked.
He was only paying 25-1 on the Tab which I thought was a little light, even with his great recent form.
Now he's a few back after the first round you might even get a better price. He's certainly due soon.

Do they take each way :roll: look who's leading dicky :D

3oneday
23rd April 2005, 04:48 AM
Now 6 under playing the par 5 9th his 18th 8)

Brendan is a West Wylong boy.....my home stomping ground :Dsee how long it takes you to find him now :shock: :shock: he looks like missing the cut :shock:
Pete

Jarro
23rd April 2005, 07:08 AM
surprised to see Coles still up near the top of the leaderboard :o

Vijay still looks the most likely 8)

.. Did any of you see the Thomas Levet incident :?: Looked like he took almost every second he was allowed to before his ball dropped

gazgolf1
23rd April 2005, 07:23 AM
What about Coles chip in...I reckon he moved the hole about 5 inches. :lol:
Love to see the little bugger win but I would'nt bet on it....might drop into the TAB today and back someone at big odds that is just off the pace.

3oneday
23rd April 2005, 07:29 AM
What about Coles chip in...I reckon he moved the hole about 5 inches. :lol: I thought the classic was one of the par 4's, he teed off and only just carried the rough to the fairway, the commentators were amazed that on such a long course, he is even contending 8) 8)

Be hard to back against Vijay when he is close to the lead, he's hitting it badly and still only 15 feet away :cry: :cry:

Pete

McMw
24th April 2005, 12:22 PM
Coles Vs Singh...

On paper...this should be a no-contest...

but Singh's record this year in closing out tournaments has been "below-par" by his standards...and Cole...well...he's an Aussie...so I'm expecting him to falter...but he's been strong...let's just hope he doesn't do it in tomorrow, and hand it over to Singh TOO easily..

3oneday
25th April 2005, 05:15 AM
Thanks for your quality input there McMw :roll: :roll:

Anyway, apart from the negative stuff, after 10 holes Gavin Coles is still in the lead, with Greg Owens, Vijay is one back, Darren Clarke charging.

Bring it home Gav 8) 8) :lol:

Pete

McMw
25th April 2005, 08:11 AM
well done Coles....at least u didn't blow it too much to still finish in the top10... :wink:

and the only player IN the top10 that played over par...well done!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
25th April 2005, 08:12 AM
VJ does it again :shock: the man is a machine. Took him a playoff with John Daly of all people, but he got it done in the end .... great performance 8)

Coles finished in a tie for 7th ....

3oneday
25th April 2005, 12:18 PM
well done Coles....at least u didn't blow it too much to still finish in the top10...  :wink: in the first person ?? I am sure he values your input and kudos... not.

How about congrats for his best finish in a PGA Tour event :!: :!: remember, if you've got nothing nice to say..........

Peter

McMw
25th April 2005, 01:35 PM
so why do u care??? :lol:

I'm just keeping it real....surely you didn't expect Coles to actually win the Houston Open....did you??? :shock:
much like that Lyle kid during the aussie summer tournament...great 3 rounds to get himself into the final group, but as was expected, couldn't keep it together in the final 2-3 hours of play....

just keeping it real!!! :wink:

3oneday
25th April 2005, 02:54 PM
so why do u care???  :lol:

I'm just keeping it real....surely you didn't expect Coles to actually win the Houston Open....did you???  :shock:
much like that Lyle kid during the aussie summer tournament...great 3 rounds to get himself into the final group, but as was expected, couldn't keep it together in the final 2-3 hours of play....

just keeping it real!!!  :wink: :roll: I should, but I won't...

CobraSS
25th April 2005, 09:28 PM
so why do u care??? :lol:

I'm just keeping it real....surely you didn't expect Coles to actually win the Houston Open....did you??? :shock:

just keeping it real!!! :wink:

:roll:

Onewood
25th April 2005, 10:02 PM
Gavin lost his cool when a guy from the crowd sang out, "bet you 5 bucks you hit the tree" and he did :roll: then proceeded to have the guy thrown off the course coz he made a correct prediction :D

mike
28th April 2005, 03:11 PM
I'd like to see Coles win sometime ( though I doubt he will ) but am I the only one that finds him a bit irritating ?

The grumpy face and foot stomping and sod kicking and club throwing aren't doing him any good. He's already copping the 'angry ant' thing from the US commentators.

He's got a great short game but I reckon even I could hit a driver further than him.