PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been skilled enough to have half a tee hit them in the retina!

hyrola
28th June 2010, 04:53 PM
Of course it would be my luck... to somehow smack myself in the eye with half a tee when i was tee'ing off on a par 4.

I thought to use the 4 iron as i was having a bad'ish day with the driver.

Didn't place the tee too high, at most barely fit my pinkie under the ball.

Struck off hard, cracker of a shot, but somehow i cracked the tee in half and it made its way up into my eye. Man it hurt.

Maybe i need to wear goggles for golf..

lol

Initially i didn't get to see where my ball ended up but i was assured it went dead straight and nicely :)

AndyP
28th June 2010, 05:43 PM
Use the driver next time, pussy.

Dotty
28th June 2010, 06:00 PM
That would be very messy to hit the retina. (Seeing that the retina is the lining on the inside, and the rear, of the eyeball. I'll show you --> :roll: )

I suspect you've hit the cornea, which is the clear coating that covers the lens and the iris.

Hyrola, if you eye gets sore (or sticky or ultra-sensitive to light) over the next week, then see your doctor, as you may have scratched the cornea or picked up an infection from the tee.

I haven't had anything strike the cornea (the upside of wearing glasses) but have had it damaged twice via abrasion (scar tissue from childhood ops) and a virus. The treatment is ointment and BOTH eyes covered permamently (to restrict any movement) for a full 7 days, which I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Yossarian
28th June 2010, 06:40 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/14799-Hit-in-the-face-with-a-golf-ball.?highlight=golf

Toughen up princess ;)

that sounds ouchy though!

henno
28th June 2010, 06:56 PM
I know a guy that detached his retina after being hit with a squash ball in the eye. Ouchy.

Dotty
28th June 2010, 08:07 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/14799-Hit-in-the-face-with-a-golf-ball.?highlight=golf

Toughen up princess ;)

that sounds ouchy though!
Did you do a search on the word 'golf' to find that thread?

And thanks for reminding me of that classic thread.

mike
28th June 2010, 08:11 PM
I had a tee flick up into my right pocket on my follow through once.

And yes, I meant to do it.

Yossarian
28th June 2010, 08:24 PM
Did you do a search on the word 'golf' to find that thread?

And thanks for reminding me of that classic thread.

I did, along with Yossarian as the thread starter, i figured I only started a few with the word golf in the title... :)

A good thread, the colour is mostly gone now

Veefore
28th June 2010, 09:54 PM
I know a bloke that had a dummy spit and wacked his iron against his bag only to have it snap and the raw, jagged edge embed itself in his eye.
He is playing golf again but he is bloody hopeless from bunkers. He just can't see the ball way forward in his stance when he swings back.

MegaWatty
28th June 2010, 10:44 PM
Sounds like CSI last night where a guy killed himself by whacking his driver on the ground, the shaft snapping and embedding in his jugular.

Guest stars Duffy Waldorf and Rocco Mediate were clearly born to act!!!

henno
28th June 2010, 10:46 PM
Rocco makes me laugh just looking at him. Funny fellow.

MegaWatty
28th June 2010, 10:48 PM
I think he earned a lot of respect after the 2008 Open.

I'm going out on Thursday to enjoy golf exactly like he does.

LEGEND!!!

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 11:08 PM
I think he earned a lot of respect after the 2008 Open.

I'm going out on Thursday to enjoy golf exactly like he does.

LEGEND!!!

Mediate has the shanks too?

MegaWatty
28th June 2010, 11:12 PM
Application.

Address.

Clubhouse.

Nuffie.

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 11:20 PM
Photoshop.

Mega.

Nuffie.

Hard.

Anal.

Shower.

Banished.

MegaWatty
28th June 2010, 11:28 PM
Canuck.

Sick.

Fetish.

Knock knock.

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 11:32 PM
Who's.

There?

Golfnut
29th June 2010, 01:37 AM
I had a tee flick up into my right pocket on my follow through once.

And yes, I meant to do it.

LOL....You crack me up Mike :lol:

Golfnut
29th June 2010, 01:38 AM
And you two (JC & MW)......GET A ROOM!

Veefore
29th June 2010, 09:14 AM
Mega will have to get in line behind Nuffie if he wants "private time" with JC.

hyrola
29th June 2010, 02:34 PM
Ok i got myself in the cornea then, it's ok now. Was sore till last night though and woke up this morning and it felt alot better.

Amazing the amount of golf injuries i've read about now. You would never have thought...

I still have no idea how it managed to go straight up and hit me in the eye though. May start wearing sunnies now, or safety goggles. Ain't that some shit.

Daves
29th June 2010, 04:06 PM
I know a guy that detached his retina after being hit with a squash ball in the eye. Ouchy.

Our club pro suffered the same injury after being hit by a ball playing tennis. I believe he has permanently lost sight in the eye.

LeftyHoges
29th June 2010, 10:17 PM
Retina???....

No....

Rectum???....

No....

You thought I was gonna say yes then, didn't you???

///M Power
30th June 2010, 04:19 PM
I was wearing sunglasses, but yes I have done the same. On a par 3 with a 6 iron.

hyrola
1st July 2010, 02:53 PM
Crazy, think i may definately start wearing sunnies from now on!