PDA

View Full Version : Club Advice Titlist DCI Black

lucasss
25th June 2010, 02:19 PM
Hi im fairly new to golf and looking at buying clubs but not really sure what i should buy?
I was looking at a set of Titleist DCI Black 2-pw for 150 is this a reasonable price and would they suit the a beginner hacker?
Any advice is appreciated.

3oneday
25th June 2010, 02:21 PM
Hi and welcome.

Waste of time newbys to golf carrying a 2, 3 and even 4 iron. Price is right, but won't help your game to improve much.

All the best :)

kpac
25th June 2010, 02:38 PM
they wouldn't hurt you i wouldn't have thought..... I'm sure there are plenty of clubs that are 'suited' to beginner golfers, however developing a decent and consistent swing will do more to improve you game.

General consensus would be get oversized cavity backs. Plenty will also tell you to 'get fitted'.

BrisVegas
25th June 2010, 02:41 PM
They're good sticks. I learnt to play golf with 2-PW blades, so it is "possible" to learn golf and have fun on the course without a complete set of hacksticks and hybrids. For $150 you can't go wrong. Worst case you have to spend $50-100 having them adjusted by a clubfitter at a later date.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
25th June 2010, 02:52 PM
Get them!!

3oneday
25th June 2010, 02:59 PM
They're good sticks. I learnt to play golf with 2-PW blades, so it is "possible" to learn golf and have fun on the course without a complete set of hacksticks and hybrids. For $150 you can't go wrong. Worst case you have to spend $50-100 having them adjusted by a clubfitter at a later date.

the game was harder in the 80's.

;)

BrisVegas
25th June 2010, 03:08 PM
actually, it must have been easier. After 20 years of technology advances in clubs and balls, I'm still on the same handicap.

lucasss
25th June 2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Currently i play borrowing a mates set of splading cannons and a big bertha 9.5 degree driver. Just looking to buy my first set want something i can play with then later on when ive got a consistent game buy some better clubs.

hyrola
28th June 2010, 12:57 PM
I have way better days if i try and stay away from the driver when possible.

I crack off, and although i get some awesome distance, i could be in the next fairway or two in most cases, and really starts to bring my score up.

I only have 4 iron - lob wedge, no 2 or 3 but im thinking about adding them to my bag. Right now i have been tee'ing off with the 4 iron and although not going as far as a driver, i get alot better straightness in my shots and helps me keep my score down.

My percentage of straight drives landing on the fairway or still in a playable spot at the pin is very low and that's simply for lack of experience no doubt. I just have to keep hitting at the driving range and get my drives straighter and more often, and i will continue to tee off with the irons if im not feeling confident with the driver on the day.

Now to find a nice 2 and 3 iron ;)