PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 18th April 2005

McMw
19th April 2005, 11:54 PM
Weird 9 holer for me... :lol:
it was either okay, or really really bad...
had 2 OOBs...couple of bird putts just missing...an attempted 5 wood drive off the 17th came up 1 yard short....

Jarro
20th April 2005, 12:16 PM
first round of the midweek champs today.

Hit 83 off the bat for a nett 71(even par)

drove the ball well today. Missed fairways were only a couple of meters off the short stuff ... except for a duck hook on 16 that wen OB :oops:

had so many putts lip out today .. i nearly bent the Scotty over my knee by the 14th hole :evil:

hopefully i can drain the putts next wednesday in the final round 8)

AndyP
20th April 2005, 01:16 PM
Law of averages says you will. ;)

Good solid start to your champs though. 8)

Flowergirl
20th April 2005, 01:20 PM
first round of the midweek champs today.

Hit 83 off the bat for a nett 71(even par)

drove the ball well today. Missed fairways were only a couple of meters off the short stuff ... except for a duck hook on 16 that wen OB :oops:

had so many putts lip out today .. i nearly bent the Scotty over my knee by the 14th hole :evil:

Nice score there Jarro. Good luck for next week. You gotta hate those lipouts. I'd rather miss all together than those lipouts - they are so annoying!!!!!!

Jarro
20th April 2005, 01:28 PM
thanks guys :D

you're making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside 8)

Eag's
23rd April 2005, 01:10 PM
Played Wantima Single Stab today
Shot 80/38pts could of been anything today the way I was feeling.
Have never been so calm on a golf course before :) even with all the crap that was going on in my group, I just stayed so positive :wink:

10 Greens
8 Fairways (missed 2 by a metre)
32 Putts
5 Doubles ( 3 penalties)
1 Bogey
11 Pars
1 Birdie (drove the 17th, lipped my eagle putt)

Jarro
23rd April 2005, 02:27 PM
well played Eag's 8)

Onewood
24th April 2005, 08:26 AM
Good to see your Back Eags 8) (we will have to catch up for a game at Wantima before I head North)

2nd round of club champs today:
onewood 41-39-80/5/75 :cry: Back was a bit sore still (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D )
Twowood 40-34-74/3/71

A couple of movers yesterday....the Fav shot a 69 and one of the juniors shot 70, so Mathew is now 4 shots back still in second spot with 2 rounds to go.....

McMw
24th April 2005, 01:20 PM
could have been a good round yesterday... :?
again, some mistakes here and there, some stupid decisions...
but relatively happy with most parts of the game...

I heard that someone yesterday had 6 birdies and yet still shot 79...
I would have have a psycho fit if I ever had that sort of round... :shock:

markTHEblake
24th April 2005, 02:24 PM
2nd round of club champs today:

how did you and matt manage to play 18 holes today and have the results posted by 8.30 in the morning?

or did you play yesterday and by the time you got home the keyboard was too blurry to type.

AndyP
24th April 2005, 03:51 PM
24/04/05, Gailes GC, Hackers Social Group.

Fairly solid round without doing anything special. Screwed my last two holes after being in good positions off the tee.
Gailes continues to keep it's good record against me.

8/15 effective T-shots.
6/18 GIR.
33 putts.
--------
8 pars.
5 bogeys.
3 doubles.
2 other.

Score 44-46-90 nett 77 (par 36-37-73).

Jono
24th April 2005, 04:09 PM
Fourball handicap matchplay FINAL.  Gary the customclubmaker and I had made our way into the finals (despite the fact that he left me in the first round to play the extra holes by myself ...  :?   :lol:  ).

Up and down match.  We were 2 down after 9, square after 12, 2 up after 14, then square again after 16.  I had a four footer on the 17th for par to tie the hole.  Slight left to right break.  It was either inside left lip and firm, or just outside and die it in.  So what to I do? Started it just outside and hit it too firm ... lipped out and we're 1 down standing on the last tee.

Both Gary and I snap hooked our drives off the last.  Worst drives of the day for both of us ... when it mattered the most.  Talk about choking under pressure ...  :roll:   Anyway, we both recovered well.  Gary just missed his put for par and I had an uphill 3 footer left for par.  One of our opponents went out of bounds, so he was out.  The other guy had a downhill, left to right 10 footer that would have made even the pros look twice.  He managed to curl it in there for the win!   I'd love to say that I'm happy to be runner-up ...  :wink:   Oh well, perhaps next year.  

The guy who holed the final putt played solid all day.  He holed some very nice putts.  Incidently, he was the low marker of the group with lots of matchplay and penents experience.

Bruce
24th April 2005, 07:36 PM
I'm almost too ashamed to write this but..

3rd HCP card and a disgraceful 57-49-106. :oops:

Got trapped in some gullies where I had to go up almost as far as needed to go forward and took 4 tries from 1 and 3 from another to get out. I also mysteriously airmailed the 16th OOB - I may never hit a 7I 180m for the rest of my life. I also failed miserably to adjust to the greens which were cored and sanded this week.

At least I improved after the turn - I will console myself with that.

andylo
24th April 2005, 08:24 PM
After the recent games (Brooky, Mcleod, Logan * n times and Gailes today) I decided I will call Doug very soon. I have talked to the pro I am currently with but he don't have a "program" for a whole day lesson.

I was shocked when I hear that. Why the hack do you need a "program/schedule" to teach me how to swing?! Why don't you just dial in a perfect swing into me?!

Have met DougK b4 and he seems like my only hope currently. $400 is steep but I will bite the bullet!

Oh, I putt sucks... as always. But I truly am putting a lot better. I am getting way closer and way more in line. Probably I need more time to get used to belly putting stroke but I think the DFX insert would be the major issue. (To me its hard to find correct length with DFX stuff) I wanted to do a review on RedX vs DFX belly but after some bad experience from the biggest city in the country I decided to give it a bye ;)

Belly putter really great and it's the score stick. But it's the full swing gives me the pleasure in golf :D

And a special thanks to nudgee too, Thanks Jamie ;)

AndyP
24th April 2005, 08:47 PM
Andy, have you been drinking that wine you won today.

I'm having a little trouble understanding your post.
Why are you changing coach......again?

andylo
24th April 2005, 09:03 PM
Andy, have you been drinking that wine you won today.

I'm having a little trouble understanding your post.
Why are you changing coach......again?

I gave them to gf's parents so I didn't drunk... yet :lol:

I have been thinking very very carefully and I think (believe) for me to own a better and more solid swing I need a full day full-on lesson instead a series of multiple break down lessons.

jimandr
24th April 2005, 09:51 PM
I was hoping to report something really good for my milestone 100th post, and as far as the score is concerned, I can :)

37 points on Saturday is my best score in three months.

However, my ball-striking was terrible again. This was one of the worst 6 over scores in the history of golf. Only some luck and skilful recovery play made it a round worth talking about.

Fairways: 5 of 14, with 1 of 7 on the back nine
Greens: 9 of 18
Putts: 32, two three-putts and two birdies
Up and Down: 3 of 5

The reason why I hit 9 greens but only had 5 up and down opportunities was that 4 times my drives were so poor I couldn't get the next one within 50 metres of the green.

I know what I'm doing wrong, but at the moment I can't fix it.

990B Luva
24th April 2005, 11:05 PM
Junior Pennants today... Vs Ashgrove at Ashgrove, got toweled up by their no 1 player (a 4 marker) 4/3

Trung
25th April 2005, 06:13 PM
Sat: Carnarvon 24 points
Sun: Carnarvon 35 points
Mon: The Lakes 30 points

Onewood
25th April 2005, 06:58 PM

Stick to playing Sundays :wink: it's your best chance of improving going by these stats :lol: :D

Trung
25th April 2005, 07:02 PM

Stick to playing Sundays :wink: it's your best chance of improving going by these stats :lol:  :D

Sundays....are you sure? I got home around midday from a night out. Quick shower and teed off at 12.45pm  :oops:

Friday night wasn't so bad. Home by 1.30am... Golf at 7am
I slept well last night 8) , todays result was ok on a very hard course 8) .

Pinglauncher
25th April 2005, 07:47 PM
38 points yesterday and 37 today.

Scoring consistently without setting the world on fire.

My son Nathan (junior Ping) had 35 yesterday and "42" big ones today :D . Hopefully a win for "C" grade. His first really good score and he has not shut up since we finished playing.

TS
25th April 2005, 10:00 PM
Sundays....are you sure? I got home around midday from a night out. Quick shower and teed off at 12.45pm :oops:

Friday night wasn't so bad. Home by 1.30am... Golf at 7am
I slept well last night 8) , todays result was ok on a very hard course 8) .

Trung. You must be able to see the pattern by now. You play bad when you have too much sleep. You need to have a big night out, and then a quick shower and straight to the golf course.

So make sure you go and party all night before turning up at the game at New Brighton next Sunday. Otherwise, we will have to put our money on Brad.

Onewood
25th April 2005, 10:58 PM
38 points yesterday and 37 today.

Scoring consistently without setting the world on fire.

My son Nathan (junior Ping) had 35 yesterday and "42" big ones today  :D .  Hopefully a win for "C" grade. His first really good score and he has not shut up since we finished playing.
Priceless 8)

Well done Nathan :smt038 :smt023

I'm sure dad will let you read this, so here's one of Tezza's best saying's ("Tell dad he has NOTHIN") :D

prmeier
26th April 2005, 10:20 AM
Haven't had to many rounds to brag about of late but have been running hot over the last week.

74 nett 67 on the 16th to be R/U
72 nett 66 on the 23rd for another R/U
Followed that with 45 points with the missus in a 4bbb stableford yesterday to win the comp.

Worst part is I've knocked 2 shots off my handicap with a few weeks to go till the Club Champioships with no chance of beating the young guns at our club off the stick.

Flowergirl
26th April 2005, 11:54 AM
Had a few busy days.........a lot of wreaths to do for ANZAC day....so no golf on thew weekend.
Played last game of pennant on Thursday------ undefeated so far ( a few draws though) and yep - you got it - got beaten on the last game. :oops: We played the top team who were undefeated for the season. Out of a possible 49 games that they played - they lost 3 :shock: Glad they will go up a grade next season. :twisted:
We finished 4th ( or 3rd last - whichever way you want to look at it) and we had a great time - great lot of girls. :D
Playing tomorrow in my first comp at my club since last year - so looking forward to it.