PDA

View Full Version : WA Pennant Season

hocko
21st June 2010, 10:08 AM
Thought I would start a post about the 2010 pennant season in WA, as i know there are a few Ozgolfers playing this year.
I am playing for Melville Glades and we struggled to put a team together which surprises me as we are playing in Division 1.
We have 2 players over the age of 23 and most are about 17.
So to start off with;

Division 1,
Mt Lawley Vs Melville Glades...........9/0 wasn't a good start for us this year, Mt Lawley's team was composed of 3 one cappers, 2 scratchies, +1, 2 +2's and a +3. Our number nine plays off 6? I still think we put in a strong performance playing away as four of the matches were decided on or after the eighteenth and the rest were 2 and 1 or there abouts.

Gosnells Vs Joondallup..............4/5 I think Joondallup will not be beaten this year.

Any more scores from other divisions?

Johnny Canuck
21st June 2010, 10:41 AM
Hartfield defeated Lake Karrinyup 6-3 at Hartifeld in division 2.

I won my match 3 and 1.

Our #9 plays off 7, but he couldn't make it this week so we had a 5 capper from Div 4 take his place. (Strange with the handicaps?)

sms316
21st June 2010, 10:57 AM
What division is Yoss playing?

Johnny Canuck
21st June 2010, 11:14 AM
Junior girls. He can outdrive a lot of them, but they own him on the greens.

sms316
21st June 2010, 11:14 AM
Is Matt Ledger playing for Mt Lawley?

idgolfguy
21st June 2010, 11:29 AM
Our #9 plays off 7, but he couldn't make it this week so we had a 5 capper from Div 4 take his place. (Strange with the handicaps?)

I played Div 4 last year with my current handicap (14) and lost one match all season. In 6 years of Div 4, I have lost 8 matches.

Love Pennants as handicaps don't factor into it all that much.

Playing Div 7 this year for The Vines and won 5/4 yesterday against Sun City. I was 7 up at the turn and felt really bad for my opponent and slacked off for the next 4 holes which he won. I don't play the back 9 at the Vines well and pulled my head back in and made sure I won.

Next week is LKCC at LKCC.

TourFit
21st June 2010, 11:30 AM
Is Matt Ledger playing for Mt Lawley?

Sure is...he is some player, as is Shaun Malone, who beat Matt in the Club Champs. Malone also missed out at Tour School by 1 shot.

hocko
21st June 2010, 11:40 AM
Sure is...he is some player, as is Shaun Malone, who beat Matt in the Club Champs. Malone also missed out at Tour School by 1 shot.

And Axle, who has been playing off +2 or 3 for about three years.

BTW, Matt Jager missed the cut at the weekend

sms316
21st June 2010, 01:17 PM

Kindred spirit Ledge. Fellow fat left-hander. Roomed with him on an ACT team trip once.

Yossarian
21st June 2010, 03:27 PM
I play in divi 1 for freo public ;)

TourFit
21st June 2010, 04:07 PM
I play in divi 10 for freo public ;)

Fixed...

Veefore
21st June 2010, 04:21 PM
Hartfield defeated Lake Karrinyup 6-3 at Hartifeld in division 2.

I won my match 3 and 1.

Division 4 had a three and a half to three and a half result at Kwinana.
I equalled my worst result ever and lost 5 and 3. I only won two holes all day. My opponent had a double and a bogie and parred all the rest of the holes for 3 over. I didn't :(

Division 5 also played at Kwinana and went down 6 to 1.
Kwinana are very strong at home in Div 5 so this may not be an indication of the Hartfield team.

JC, your 7 handicapper couldn't make it because he was dropped to Division 4. He should never have been in the A's in the first place. He was like a bear with sore head all day. whinging and carrying on.
The method used to choose him for division 2 was ridiculous and unrelated to golfing ability. Of the players on the bubble, he just had the least rounds where he had 10 over his handicap in the last 6 months or so.

Johnny Canuck
21st June 2010, 05:09 PM
I was going to say something about our 7 capper, but didn't.

That methodolgy that was first employed was a terrible way to choose a side. If I have a round that is not going to factor into my handicap, I will hit driver all day, go for insane shots, drink a lot of beer, etc.. It is not a real reflection of any playing ability.

I would have loved to have heard the controversy about the dropping, from a distance. I am determined to stay away from all club politics at the new club. I'm going to show up, golf, have a few beers, smile and ignore Nuffie and go home.

Kwinana is going to be very tough. My mate, who is a gun golfer, plays off 1 and plays about #7 or #8 for them. They took down Sun Cun 6-3 at Sun City yesterday. I might give him a call to hear where exactly he played, etc..

Veefore
21st June 2010, 08:40 PM
If I have a round that is not going to factor into my handicap, I will hit driver all day, go for insane shots, drink a lot of beer, etc.. It is not a real reflection of any playing ability.

Kwinana is going to be very tough. My mate, who is a gun golfer, plays off 1 and plays about #7 or #8 for them. They took down Sun Cun 6-3 at Sun City yesterday. I might give him a call to hear where exactly he played, etc..

Yep. We all agreed that it was a stupid way to decide.

Kwinana ARE TOUGH. They have a very strong home course advantage and some very good golfers. I think one is/was in the state team.

Johnny Canuck
21st June 2010, 09:25 PM
I just had a good chat with my mate. He said that he told them he was playing well, so they bumped him to 4th. He won 5&4 at Sun City and was even when the match ended. Their 7&8 guys are playing off 1 and 2. The guy off 1 is slightly injured and 2 isn't in form. They have a few guys off 3 on the team.

My mate would love to play Grant as he knows him and his game. Hopefully, we can avoid that match up.

Veefore
22nd June 2010, 09:30 AM
I think that Kwinana will be the only roadblock to making it back into Division 1 this year. For some reason they don't always play well at Hartfield.

Johnny Canuck
22nd June 2010, 10:14 AM
Good. We'll take 'em out!

TourFit
22nd June 2010, 01:54 PM
Yep...get Nuffie on the bag for that one JC !!!

His local knowledge of Hartfield, and his consummate communication skills, will give you all the information you need AND a massive advantage over the visitors...

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 02:14 PM
Update from Sunday:
Division 2:

Hartfield 2 Kwinana 7 at Kwinana

Johnny Canuck wins 4&3, starting the day in style, defeating his opponents birdie with an eagle.

Had a couple vintage Canuck holes late in the match.

Hole 12, uphill par 5: 150m hybrid off the tee, left into the trees. 5 iron hooked around and under trees back to the fairway. 9 iron, bomb of a putt on the severely sloped green, after my opponent dropped a bomb for par.
Hole 14, uphill par 3. Missed the green 30m left. Flop shot off a downslope over a dead tree. 25 foot bender for par. If I skulled the flop shot, it would have travelled 200m+ as I was almost at the highest point on the course. By this point my opponent was just shaking his head.

Division 4:
Won 7-0 at home vs. Pinjarra.

Veefore won 5&4.

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 02:16 PM
Sorry about the orange text. I wrote the blurb in outlook and copied and pasted. I then needed to change the colour to something that would show up with the lights on and off.

simmsy
28th June 2010, 02:46 PM
good work JC - you truly are one lucky son of a b!tch.

your opponent would still be shaking his head today watching some of the stuff you have just described here.

bad luck on the team score though mate. Kwinana must be a pretty strong team yeah?

Veefore
28th June 2010, 02:51 PM
Hartfield Divisions 5, 7 and 9 were also winners.

In division 4 Kwinana lost at Gosnells.
This puts Gosnells on top of the leaderboard and Hartfield second.

I knew I was in for an interesting day when I did my best Tiger Woods and launched my first tee shot high and right deep into the bush. I punch sliced a 3 iron on to the front of the green and just missed my birdie for a gimme par. I was 4 up after 7 holes and then the up and downs dried up for a while until a JC style bunker shot on the 14th that gave me the hole and the win without having to putt. ;)

Congrats JC and all the Hartfield players who won.

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 03:11 PM
good work JC - you truly are one lucky son of a b!tch.

your opponent would still be shaking his head today watching some of the stuff you have just described here.

bad luck on the team score though mate. Kwinana must be a pretty strong team yeah?

My mate from the Kwinana squad told him before the match, "be ready for him to halve and win some holes that he has no business being in". I think it held true.

I managed to halve the 9th with a bogey 6 after hitting a tree with my tee shot, another tree with my 2nd when trying to get out of the left rough and at least two trees with my 3rd trying to get out of the left rough. I then hit an 8 iron about 155m (my longest shot on the hole) into a back bunker and almost conceded the hole until my opponent left himself a long downhill putt. I knocked a 35m bunker shot to a foot and a half and smiled as he 3 jacked. Ugliest bogey halve ever.

sms316
28th June 2010, 03:34 PM
How many bloody divisions do you guys have over there? Does everyone get a game?

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 04:26 PM
Divi 2 is our top division. If we can have a good season, we can get back to divi 1 and a team from 1 gets relegated to 2.

4 is the "second" team for all squads.

Divi 5 was created to give Nuffie a game. 5 and above play off handicaps.

Veefore
28th June 2010, 10:04 PM
Division's 1, 2 and 3 are all "first" squads for clubs.
There are relegation finals for the two lowest teams in Division 1 and Division 2 and promotion finals for the best teams in Division 2 and Division 3.

Division 4 is the "seconds" and is played off the stick.
Division 5 is handicapped with a minimum handicap of 6
Division 6 is handicapped with a minimum handicap of 8
Division 7 is handicapped with a minimum handicap of 11
Division 8 is handicapped with a minimum handicap of 13
Division 9 is handicapped with a minimum handicap of 15

I have made arrangements so that I may be joining Nuffie in Division 5 if they can find a place for me without anyone else missing out.

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks for expanding V. Maybe I'll edit mine a bit now.

idgolfguy
28th June 2010, 10:42 PM
Got beaten at LKCC 5/4 with the Vines losing 6-1. My worst loss at Pennants in 10 seasons of playing. LK would not allow us to play or even walk the course during the week but only allowing Div 1 players - very unsporting.

My opponent played well but there were too many holes that were blind and kept me steering the ball off the tee. My largest margin was 2 down up until 14 when I pressed and made some errors. My opponent was friendly but competitive which made it fun. He was a good 14HC.

His tee game was very good but I had a better putting and short game. If I knew the course landing areas and the type of bounce and speed on the greens, I feel I probably would have won. I often over clubbed my approaches and pitches.

I found the greens very good and liked the pace for putting. Only 3 putted twice which was at the end.

The only winner was a 23HC who got 9 strokes with 3/2.

It was funny seeing him tee off with driver and landing the ball 15m short of the green on 1. Most of the Div 1 players didn't get close to making that Par 4 green.

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 10:53 PM
Interesting that they wouldn't let you guys near the course. Is this common at any other courses?

I played there once in a corporate day and liked the course, except the fact that there are a lot of blind holes that bend right to left, which is not my preferred shape.

TourFit
28th June 2010, 11:14 PM
Just learn to live with it... short, round and tubby is not MY preferred shape !!!

Johnny Canuck
28th June 2010, 11:17 PM
Is that a shot at ID?

idgolfguy
29th June 2010, 12:14 AM
It sounds like me!

Apparently, Joondalup wanted to charge LKCC pennant players $100 to play during the week.

Seems to be the norm at some clubs. This is the first time for me. The players were friendly and welcoming like most clubs in Perth. And like most clubs, it is management who are the tossers.

At least the Vines is free to Pennant players.

LKCC was a good course due to its conditioning. Its design is ok but the blind tee shots and elevation was overdone IMHO.

The bunkering was not that imaginative. Very much a case of placing traps on each side of the greens and catching tee shots. Once you know where to place your tee shots, it does not pose too much difficulty.

Greens can be tricky due to subtle undulates but that is more to pace as they are true.

Overall, I enjoyed the course and as a tournament course, rate it with Bunbury, Kwinana, MLGC, and the Vines (if ever it gets back to good conditioning). It has the qualities of a tournament course.

Not really fussed if I don't play it again and don't see what all the fuss is about. More to do with the exclusivity than reality. I would prefer to play Yokine than LKCC for its design and accessibility.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2010, 12:23 AM
I think they need to set some standard "rules" for pennants by the sounds of things.

Veefore, have any input?

I really rate Kwinana after yesterday. The greens were such a treat to putt on.

Golfnut
29th June 2010, 01:31 AM

They were in fantastic condition and running really quick last week......big change for me compared to "Joe Public" courses though.

How did they compare to Hartfield's greens JC?

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2010, 01:37 AM
Similar speed, but some much quicker putts due to the undulations. They weren't too hard to read, which isn't always the case at Hartfield.

Veefore
29th June 2010, 09:11 AM
I think they need to set some standard "rules" for pennants by the sounds of things.

Veefore, have any input?

For divisions 4-9 It used to be that clubs would allow practice to visiting teams sometime during the week before a match but I have noticed that most clubs don't allow it now. Maybe it is just a matter of being competitive and not giving the opposing team any help or easy revenue, I don't really know. All pennant players are allowed to practice on the course well in advance of their tee off times on the day of the match though.

For divisions 1-3 the rule reads:

Clubs will make practice times available for Division One, Two and Three teams the
week prior to the match.

In regards to Kwinana, maybe it is the latent bogan in me but I have always liked playing there and I try to get there at least once a year outside of Pennants so that I can just enjoy the course without worrying about anything else. The fairways are wide and the only real defence there is the greens. It is one of those courses where local knowledge is king and once you know the breaks on the greens and where NOT to put the ball the course isn't really that tough. The layout is ok but there are some plainly stupid holes. I got the opportunity to watch some A graders playing on sunday and it was interesting to see all the players were pretty even tee-to-green but the visitors were all making the same mistakes on and around the greens.

idgolfguy
29th June 2010, 09:38 AM
Tough to play or see the course if you have a morning tee-off. Unless you want to do it in the dark.

Doesn't happen often as there are usually morning and afternoon matches.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2010, 10:00 AM
For Divi 2, we've had no problems playing holes before the matches so far.

Vee,

What holes don't you like at Kwinana? 5 comes to mind. The 12th green is a little too funky. 16 is a bit funny, a par 3 that you have to carry a tree in the centre of the fairway.

hocko
29th June 2010, 12:35 PM
Round 2 Division 1;

Melville Glades Vs Gosnells.......Gossies 8 and 1.
We had four players out this week but that still doesn't make any difference, we played at home and copped a hiding.
It's still a pity that Melville don't promote pennant golf.

Not one Melville member stayed after the comp to watch or even see what the scores were. But there were about 25 Gossies members there to watch!

I lost 4&3 playing Michael Laws, was 4 down after 4, he was 3 under and I was 1 over.
Got back to 1 down after 10 but didn't hit a fairway after that. We had some pretty unusual shots on Sunday.
Michael hit a wedge shot that he hit once on the downswing and once on the follow through.
I had a practice swing in the trees about 4 metres away from my ball, hit the corner of a stick on the ground which flew across and moved my ball about 3 inches!

Not sure how Mt Lawley went against Joondallup but would suggest Joondallup had a win....maybe Tourfit can give us an update.

Veefore
29th June 2010, 02:28 PM
For Divi 2, we've had no problems playing holes before the matches so far.

Vee,

What holes don't you like at Kwinana? 5 comes to mind. The 12th green is a little too funky. 16 is a bit funny, a par 3 that you have to carry a tree in the centre of the fairway.

I think 5 might be the stupidest hole I have played. It ranks right up there with the 17th at the Cut. I hit a block-slice there last week and played a provisional. I found my ball in the middle of the fairway for an easy 8 iron approach. The provisional that I hit down the right side of the fairway though was in the $h!t. that was the first time I have actually parred the hole.

12 is just broken. Short, ordinary public course style par 5 with the most ridiculous green in WA. Only about 10% of it is useable for placing a hole. I know that it is due to the right side of the green subsiding over the years and that the club are well aware of it and do plan to fix it eventually.

13 is so lopsided that any drive that lands in the left 60% of the fairway ends up in the trees. If you do get a shot, it will be to the high side of the green where we watched a shot on sunday land, stop 3ft from the hole, then slowly start rolling backwards and down the hill for another 25ft. It makes a good approach shot irrelevant as all balls still end up rolling to the same areas.

I don't really like 14 much. Everything about that hole makes you want to aim left but if you do, and the greens are running any more than about 8 then a chip or putt that rolls right off the green is more than a possibility.

16 is just dumb. It's just a flat spot on a hill and a green, as my opponent put it the first time I played there "somewhere over there on the other side of those trees".

Like I said. I still like playing there and don't really mind that it has some stupid holes. But for me, and apparently many others, that really does rule it out of any rankings when it comes to "best course" type lists.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2010, 02:52 PM
It appears we think the same thing about the dumb holes.

I agree with what you say about 14. I played a massively high flop that still rolled a long way down that slope. Mike's approach was good and sucked back down the front and off the green.

12 is funny in that you can never have the flag even close to the centre of the green. It will always be well right of centre. On Saturday, my opponent told me that it was at the limit as to how close to centre they could put it. I was very worried about my uphill putt coming back at me. In warmups, I was hitting putts past and letting them roll back to the hole.

I have still never hit the fairway on 5. I had always missed right. Sat, you saw my tee shot. It looked perfect. I got to my ball and I had rolled through the fairway and had a crappy lie in the left rough.

Strangely enough, I was 1 under on these crappy holes. Maybe these crap hole suit my game?

As for Melville players not sticking around, that it crazy! Looks like there might be a nice divi 1 spot for Hartfield next year.

Veefore
29th June 2010, 03:11 PM
It was Melville that defeated Hartfield in the relegation final last year. Unfortunately, "Dad's Army" as our team were called couldn't get past them. I believe they have lost their number 1 for this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Melville and Hartfield swap places for next year. (hint: JC and team, win the elevation final:))

On 14. Last year I was just long and left. I had probably a metre of fairway length grass to go over. When I hit the putt I thought I wasn't even going to make it on to the green. Not only did it make it on to the green but it just kept rolling and rolling, slow enough that you could read the brand on the ball. Eventually it started getting faster until it rolled off the other side of the green. It was only a very lucky flop shot that got me the par that halved the hole.

hocko
29th June 2010, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Veefore;496564]It was Melville that defeated Hartfield in the relegation final last year. Unfortunately, "Dad's Army" as our team were called couldn't get past them. I believe they have lost their number 1 for this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Melville and Hartfield swap places for next year. (hint: JC and team, win the elevation final:))

Agreed Veefore, i think we spoke about this at the winter cup.
I think if Melville get relegated they may not even put in a team next year? Who knows....I've only been there since breakfast time so i'm not really sure
Still disapointing though.

Veefore
29th June 2010, 06:10 PM
That's right, it was you who told me about the number 1.

Melville Glades not putting in a team would be a shame. Melville is a good club and Pennants would not as good without them.

abdullahabin
29th June 2010, 07:00 PM
What the hell has happened to Hartfield in the past few years?
In the past you could not get a game in Div 1 if you were playing off more than scratch. I doubt any club in Australia could ever match their team from the early 2000's

MegaWatty
29th June 2010, 08:11 PM
I'm guessing they all turned Pro!

Veefore
29th June 2010, 08:52 PM
Scott Strange, Rick Kulacz, Matt Cram-Smith, Mike Foster, Aaron Campbell, Brady Lord, Steve Gibbs, John McMiles. Those are some of the names that I remember off the top of my head. All the good ones either turned pro, turned pro-got back their amateur status and play for Joondalup, moved away or gave up golf entirely.

For a while there I didn't really know any of the players. Some didn't even regularly play at Hartfield but were US College system golfers home for their summer break.

I think we just don't have the junior development that we used to.

Leftfield
30th June 2010, 12:00 AM
I think 5 might be the stupidest hole I have played. It ranks right up there with the 17th at the Cut. I hit a block-slice there last week and played a provisional. I found my ball in the middle of the fairway for an easy 8 iron approach. The provisional that I hit down the right side of the fairway though was in the $h!t. that was the first time I have actually parred the hole.

12 is just broken. Short, ordinary public course style par 5 with the most ridiculous green in WA. Only about 10% of it is useable for placing a hole. I know that it is due to the right side of the green subsiding over the years and that the club are well aware of it and do plan to fix it eventually.

13 is so lopsided that any drive that lands in the left 60% of the fairway ends up in the trees. If you do get a shot, it will be to the high side of the green where we watched a shot on sunday land, stop 3ft from the hole, then slowly start rolling backwards and down the hill for another 25ft. It makes a good approach shot irrelevant as all balls still end up rolling to the same areas.

I don't really like 14 much. Everything about that hole makes you want to aim left but if you do, and the greens are running any more than about 8 then a chip or putt that rolls right off the green is more than a possibility.

16 is just dumb. It's just a flat spot on a hill and a green, as my opponent put it the first time I played there "somewhere over there on the other side of those trees".

Like I said. I still like playing there and don't really mind that it has some stupid holes. But for me, and apparently many others, that really does rule it out of any rankings when it comes to "best course" type lists.

G’day guys, always enjoy a bit of course talk and thought I’d throw my 2 cents in. Personally I got hooked on course architecture after reading a couple of articles on ‘risk-reward’ layouts and design... an coz a good layout makes suffering a shite score that much more bearable...
So Veefore I hear ya in the above, but funnily enough, when I was looking at which course to join over here in WA it was kwinny’s layout that hooked me in. I’m just a mid range chopper, but the holes you mention I see differently. For me I like the risk-reward of 5, big hitters can really aim right off the tee and draw it to land in the golden 110-140 range (I got a mate that does this all the time) – but they bring the ‘lost ball right’ factor into play. Whereas I can pin the ears back and get it over trees to the 160-130 range (but it brings the ball swallowing Poplar trees in), or I hit a fade/slice drive (where’s the wind at?) and get it to 160-150, or just take the old blokes/ safe route which is to play fairly straight and safe but leave yourself 220-170 out...and the straighter/left you go, the easier it is to run it through the fairway... heaps of options and heaps of risk-reward. Also 5 follows a short par 4 (where you don’t need driver) and a par 3, which means it’s a bit of time between driver on 2 and 5 – so I usually go driver on 4 so that I’m comfy with it on 5 (the worse I hit it on 4, the more likely I am to take less of 5 on from the tee... I love the way the course is niggling me and my shot choice...maybe these are the nuances of layout that come from playing the course all the time, or just another example of how different sets of eyes see two different golf holes – each to their own really... I could go on about the others you mentioned but this post is too long already – might drop in on the WA course thread elsewhere... I’ve played The Cut and Yokine recently (love pennants season – I dropped a div so I could play em’) and both got me thinking hard about the pro’s and cons of each. 3 years or so since I played Harty – nice course, some good holes there too...
And not being allowed to play a course in the lead up week is weak as piss! I think Joony charged our boys last year for their warm up game... but don’t get me started on golf clubs...
I know this is all a bit off thread topic, but it’s a rule for a WAnker’s first post to be a threadjack isn’t it? Good luck for the season guys.
Footnote: Kwinny Div 8 won 6 ½ to ½ on Sunday at home against Rocky, after a 3 to 4 loss away at The Cut the week before. And yes the Kwinny greens are sickly fast at the mo – love it! The Rocky boys freaked i think...

Veefore
1st July 2010, 09:20 PM
Great post Leftfield. I hear what you are saying and even though I reckon there are some really stupid holes I DO still like to play them occasionally. Mostly I like the people that I have met from Kwinana when we play Pennants down there.

Congrats on the Div 8 win. :)

Johnny Canuck
1st July 2010, 09:38 PM
I still don't rate 5. I didn't cut the corner at all on Sunday and had a 9 iron in. I think what makes it weak is that you are forced to carry very tall trees to get it to the fairway.

To me, there isn't much risk reward at all.

It is unfair to higher cappers and older golfers (like Simmsy) that can't carry the corner. They would be forced to play straight, at which point they wouldn't have enough club to get to the green.

Golfnut
1st July 2010, 09:42 PM
Agree with you there Veefore......I've found most of the members/social players to be more than friendly.

Great 1st post Leftfield and one I totally agree with.....I've had this argument on here before re. the 5th at Kwinana.....I love it, definitely a great risk/reward hole and your right about the 2 holes prior almost lulling you into a false sense of security as from 5 onwards, you really get into the teeth of the course, where the next par 3 really test you.

Greens were lightning quick last week.

Johnny Canuck
1st July 2010, 09:47 PM
20m does not make a risk reward hole.

The 4th and 7th are far more risk reward than the 5th.

I don't see how the 3rd and 4th "lull you into a false sense of security". Go back to your soap operas Mrs. Golfnut.

adlo
1st July 2010, 09:50 PM
Happy Canada Day to you too Soroks prick!

Golfnut
1st July 2010, 10:05 PM
What on earth makes 4 a risk/reward hole????? Bunkers at 240m so pick a club that gets you to 100m out and avoids the bunker (or whatever your prefered distance to come in is)......Hell, the greens driveable for a freak like you JC or are you getting 'simmsy soft' in your old age?

Johnny Canuck
1st July 2010, 10:12 PM
Happy Canada Day to you too Soroks prick!

Cheers Aldo.

What on earth makes 4 a risk/reward hole????? Bunkers at 240m so pick a club that gets you to 100m out and avoids the bunker (or whatever your prefered distance to come in is)......Hell, the greens driveable for a freak like you JC or are you getting 'simmsy soft' in your old age?

You've answered your own question.

I can hit 4 iron and have a wedge in or I can go for the green and end up blocked out by trees on both sides or lost in the bushes right.

That is the definition of risk/reward. Not I can hit straight and have 150m in or cut the corner and have 135m.

Golfnut
1st July 2010, 10:20 PM
Well, it must be handicap related then JC as I find 5 pretty tough and 4 a no brainer......I did par the 5th last week after leaving 200m to the green with a stupid dead straight drive into the left rough (where's the gay fade when you need it :roll:)

Agree to disagree.......BTW, this is what I think makes the course so interesting.

MegaWatty
1st July 2010, 10:26 PM
Take it to course talk. The course sucks wang. Sorry.

Golfnut
1st July 2010, 10:31 PM
Been there, done that.

Johnny Canuck
1st July 2010, 10:36 PM
Well, it must be handicap related then JC as I find 5 pretty tough and 4 a no brainer......I did par the 5th last week after leaving 200m to the green with a stupid dead straight drive into the left rough (where's the gay fade when you need it :roll:)

Agree to disagree.......BTW, this is what I think makes the course so interesting.

4 isn't really risk reward for you due to the length that you hit it. (no offence intended) I can go for the green with the right wind, which is a risk as it brings in a heap of trouble that I really don't need to bring into play. The 7th at Kennedy is the same thing. Both can be straightforward par 4s, if you choose to play safe. I can be rewarded with driving the green if I take the risk.

The 5th at Kwinana is totally different. I took a safe, straight line and had a 9 iron left. If I cut the corner more, I may save a club, club and a half max. To me, one club does not constitute a reward. By your definition, any hole with a bending fairway can be a risk/reward hole if you cut a bit off the corner.

I'll agree to disagree as long as you agree that you are wrong:twisted:.

Bruce Dickinson
1st July 2010, 10:39 PM
Is 5 that dogleg right with the pond near it?

Golfnut
1st July 2010, 10:40 PM
Nup, I'm going to totally disagree to agree to disagree to agree that I'm wrong.

Got it?

Golfnut
1st July 2010, 10:40 PM
Is 5 that dogleg right with the pond near it?

Yes, pond in front.

Johnny Canuck
1st July 2010, 10:41 PM
I'm going to totally agree that I'm wrong.

Finally, we agree on something.

Golfnut
1st July 2010, 10:43 PM
Stop it......my head hurts.

Yossarian
2nd July 2010, 12:13 AM
5 is a shit hole. Back to pennants talk.

idgolfguy
2nd July 2010, 12:34 AM
I'm with JC regarding how to play 4 and 5.

Golfnut
2nd July 2010, 12:43 AM
What.....drive both greens if the winds right? ;)

idgolfguy
2nd July 2010, 12:53 AM
What.....drive both greens if the winds right? ;)

Cyclonic winds more like.

hocko
2nd July 2010, 09:42 AM
Tough to play or see the course if you have a morning tee-off. Unless you want to do it in the dark.

Doesn't happen often as there are usually morning and afternoon matches.

Both weeks we haven't been able to have a hit on the course as there are morning competitions on.
At Mt Lawley we couldn't even get on the practice fairway because some F**T WIT decided to have a group lesson that morning!
By the time it was finished we had about 10 minutes to squeeze as many balls down the range as we could.
Pretty funny though, it was the first time i've seen so many quite low handicappers get to the practice fairway and the first club they hit is a driver.

Bruce Dickinson
2nd July 2010, 10:22 AM
Both weeks we haven't been able to have a hit on the course as there are morning competitions on.
At Mt Lawley we couldn't even get on the practice fairway because some F**T WIT decided to have a group lesson that morning!
By the time it was finished we had about 10 minutes to squeeze as many balls down the range as we could.
Pretty funny though, it was the first time i've seen so many quite low handicappers get to the practice fairway and the first club they hit is a driver.
That f...wit was probably the pro trying to earn a living

hocko
2nd July 2010, 11:21 AM
I assume it was Bruce and I understand that he has to make a living just like the rest of us.
I think his timing was a little off though.

Johnny Canuck
2nd July 2010, 11:28 AM
Neil does what he wants because he is god.

hocko
2nd July 2010, 11:30 AM
Neil doesn't work on Sunday's though does he JC?

Johnny Canuck
2nd July 2010, 12:03 PM
I wonder...

Veefore
2nd July 2010, 02:31 PM
Sunday's Round 3 fixtures:

Division 2
Hartfield vs Sun City
Kwinana vs Lake Karrinyup

Standings:
Kwinana 4 points
Lake Karrinyup 2 points
Hartfield 2 points
Sun City 0 points

Division 4 south
Pinjarra vs Kwinana
Hartfield vs Gosnells

Standings:
Gosnells 4 points
Hartfield 3 points
Kwinana 1 point
Pinjarra 0 points

Division 5
Kwinana vs Royal Fremantle
Gosnells vs Hartfield.

Standings:
Kwinana 3 points
Royal Fremantle 2 points
Hartfield 2 points
Gosnells 1 point.

idgolfguy
4th July 2010, 04:12 PM
Played Lakelands and won 5-3. Vines only one 2 and lost the others. Boys were complaining about how tough the greens were because they were fast and couldn't read them.

I've loved both LKCC and Lakeland greens because the were fast and true. They're probably not used to playing true greens that hold there line all the way to the hole.

MegaWatty
4th July 2010, 10:53 PM
Hartfield updates?

Veefore
4th July 2010, 11:03 PM
Hartfield.

Division 2 won 5 to 4 against Sun City with the crazy canuck going to the 25th hole before his opponent got the better of him. I bet he has never had 30+ spectators following his every move before. :)
Division 4 had a suprise lose at home to Gosnells, 4 1/2 to 2 1/2. This is going to make it a hard road home. With 9 in the team we have a rotation policy and unfortunately this was my week to sit out and spectate.
Juniors won 5 to 2 with a couple of BIG wins. 8/7 and 7/6 were two that stuck in my memory.

I will add in the other divisions once I get them.

MegaWatty
4th July 2010, 11:08 PM
Cheers V.

Wow. 25 holes!!!

Course played tough I'm guessing?

Johnny Canuck
4th July 2010, 11:38 PM
At one point, I counted close to 50 watching between the two clubs. It was insane. The up and down to save the match from 55m on the 5th playoff hole was one of the coolest golf experiences I've ever had.

It's been a long time since I've been this exhausted.

MegaWatty
4th July 2010, 11:40 PM
Beers?

Johnny Canuck
5th July 2010, 12:01 AM
I grabbed a JW premium strength just to get to the car to change my shoes.

idgolfguy
5th July 2010, 12:51 AM
Marathon effort mate. Certainly shows what you're made off.

hocko
5th July 2010, 09:44 AM
Melville was beaten at home by Joondallup 5&4, once again it was a good showing with the biggest winning margin being 2&1.
After Joondallup were beaten by Mt Lawley and us getting so close, i don't think they are the strength that we first thought.

Johnny Canuck
5th July 2010, 10:32 AM

Cheers Id.

I can't express how disappointed I am at losing though.

For the first time in years I want nothing to do with golf. However, the putter came to work today and I'm going to go and hit some putts at lunch. Johnny doesn't miss 4 footers!

TourFit
5th July 2010, 12:01 PM
Bad luck JC...sounded EPIC !!! Shoulda had some side bets with him...then you would've won in reg.

Had a chat with my playing partner on Sunday, who used to be on the fringes of the pennants team at MLGC. This year we ONLY have the Div 1 guys...no Div 3 as the second team...no other pennant teams AT ALL (except Jnrs). Our #9 Div 1 guy plays off 1 or 2 at the moment !!! We could have a Div 3 team where the highest member would likely be off 4 or so...and we have PLENTY of members that play in the 4-9 range (myself included) that would want to play Pennants in some form in a lower Div.

Just sux that our club don't want to promote/support any other Pennants team other than the Div 1 guys...

hocko
5th July 2010, 01:01 PM
I'm hearing you TF

Veefore
5th July 2010, 08:52 PM
Bad luck JC...sounded EPIC !!! Shoulda had some side bets with him...then you would've won in reg.

Had a chat with my playing partner on Sunday, who used to be on the fringes of the pennants team at MLGC. This year we ONLY have the Div 1 guys...no Div 3 as the second team...no other pennant teams AT ALL (except Jnrs). Our #9 Div 1 guy plays off 1 or 2 at the moment !!! We could have a Div 3 team where the highest member would likely be off 4 or so...and we have PLENTY of members that play in the 4-9 range (myself included) that would want to play Pennants in some form in a lower Div.

Just sux that our club don't want to promote/support any other Pennants team other than the Div 1 guys...

If they want to field a division 4 side (That is the "seconds", not 3) they also have to field 3 other of what used to be called AGC pennants. Basically they would put in a submission and the WAGA would tell them which teams they were to field. For us we always get 4, 5, 7 and 9. The problem is that it is almost always a home game for those teams when the A's are away. That means the course is closed to the other members for at least half a day every sunday for six weeks. A lot of clubs have many members who just won't stand for that.

TourFit
6th July 2010, 11:09 AM
Ah hah. Thanks Veefore. Explains it perfectly.

Also reinforces the fact that ML probably has more members than most who won't stand for that !!!!

Uppy
6th July 2010, 11:26 PM
Hi Lads,

Realy enjoyed reading the thoughts from other clubs members about kwinny my current home course.
Interesting to see how other players see the holes I play every week.
Great to hear also that many of you have felt welcomed when playing pennants at our join. We pride ourselves on being relaxed and laidback bunch of fellows.
As being captain for one of the kwinny teams for the first time this season it has been a very different experience and have enjoyed it immensely.
We have been going well so far.
Win vs Hartfield 6/1 @ Home
Half vs Gosnells @ Gossy
Win vs Royal Freo @ Home
Cheers

Nuffie
7th July 2010, 01:31 AM

Great effort JC to go the distance for so long. I've never been in a playoff before in matchplay. No wonder you needed that premium strength JW to get to your car. Sounds like you guys are doing well in Div.2.

25 holes played at Sun City would have been a massive walk, the 18 holes alone constitutes one of the longest courses I've ever played.

And speaking of pennants, seeing I eventually made it back from Gilligan's Island, maybe I'll make an appearence in Div 5 - round 4 (Hartfield v.s. Royal Freo) this week.

MegaWatty
7th July 2010, 01:50 AM
It was at HField Nuffie.

Nuffie
7th July 2010, 02:17 AM
It was at HField Nuffie.

Cheers mega. Excuse me for slowly getting back to speed with the ozgolfing times after being lost in 3rd world exile.

Still a great effort for JC to go to 25 holes for a match.

Being part of a playoff must feel like something else. Sudden death golf... you couldnt get more of a pressure situation than that.

Veefore
7th July 2010, 09:04 AM
Cheers mega. Excuse me for slowly getting back to speed with the ozgolfing times after being lost in 3rd world exile.

Still a great effort for JC to go to 25 holes for a match.

Being part of a playoff must feel like something else. Sudden death golf... you couldnt get more of a pressure situation than that.

About 50 spectators adds even more to the pressure.

TourFit
7th July 2010, 04:33 PM
Nah...50 spectators is probably WHY JC managed to get to 25 in the first place, the attention seeker!!

Johnny Canuck
7th July 2010, 04:41 PM
Nuffie would have made it 50 and a half.

MegaWatty
7th July 2010, 04:43 PM
You could feel him in spirit I'm sure JC.

Johnny Canuck
7th July 2010, 04:47 PM
I do remember on hole 23 pointing out to my caddy where your shank from the 4th tee landed, as a bit of a tension breaker. He thought it was quite comical.

I guess you were there in spirit, Big Boy!

MegaWatty
7th July 2010, 05:14 PM
Glad I could help keep the momentum.

FYI. I hope you didn't say it went over the 5th tee. Because it didn't make it that far.

bergsey
7th July 2010, 07:38 PM
If they want to field a division 4 side (That is the "seconds", not 3) they also have to field 3 other of what used to be called AGC pennants. Basically they would put in a submission and the WAGA would tell them which teams they were to field. For us we always get 4, 5, 7 and 9. The problem is that it is almost always a home game for those teams when the A's are away. That means the course is closed to the other members for at least half a day every sunday for six weeks. A lot of clubs have many members who just won't stand for that.

Yep, we (WAGC) have Div 1, 4, 7, 8 and juniors pennants teams

Going well in Div1, have beaten Royal Perth and Royal Freo but lost to Mandurah last weekend.

Re the course being closed, absolutely right our course is closed every Sunday afternoon for 6 weeks. There is a limited field only comp for members on Sunday morning's.

I can understand some members getting upset by that, i did myself when i first joined the club and as a restricted member had Sunday only rights. I remember for a few years they would close the course ALL day Sunday for pennants so effectively could not play my home course on a weekend for about 6 weeks! that would also lead into club champs (full members only) where again they would close the course all day sunday.

TourFit
7th July 2010, 10:47 PM
FYI. I hope you didn't say it went over the 5th tee. Because it didn't make it that far.

Rubbish...those Srixon Z-Star Yellows are LOOOONG. And you thrashed that 9 iron, man.

MegaWatty
7th July 2010, 11:24 PM
Rubbish...those Srixon Z-Star Yellows are LOOOONG. And you thrashed that 9 iron, man.

Fit.

It went so far right that it had no chance of clearing the others on the tee. I do remember the statement I made went very similar to 'Oh shit. That's gonna hit the guys on the tee'. I think we were all so shocked that no one called fore. I was actually shitting my pants and was very relieved when it fell (way) short.

Nuffie
7th July 2010, 11:41 PM
Nuffie would have made it 50 and a half.

Had this been so, it could have been the extra half "little bundle of dynamite" you needed to see you over the line :wink:.

Super effort though dude, amazing mental stamina.

I find it hard enough to stay focused in a match even when I'm walking down 18, let alone more holes.

My swing would prob start to dissmantle itself autominously, from the moment I put a tee in the ground on a 19th hole.

Knowing my luck, one of my remaining 3 matches this year might come to that now I've written this post :roll:.

TourFit
8th July 2010, 12:01 AM
I find it hard enough to stay focused in a match even when I'm walking down 18, let alone more holes.

Try shutting the f**k up next time Nuffie...the energy saving will make it easier to focus !!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Veefore
8th July 2010, 09:12 AM
I had a little Mega moment at pennant practice last night. I was far left on the driving range hitting pitch shots to some buckets about 50m away when I got a little lazy and hit a hoselrocket that went right across in front of the face of our A teams number one player. Needless to say with the rest of the A team there I would have been lynched if I'd killed him. :)

TourFit
8th July 2010, 11:11 AM
NOICE...next OzGolf day we'll pair you up with MW.

You can compare notes...and play skins for "furthest from the pin" :mrgreen:

Johnny Canuck
8th July 2010, 11:13 AM
Not to mentioned you almost hit the club captain at the end of the range.

Nuffie
8th July 2010, 11:44 AM
Try shutting the f**k up next time Nuffie...the energy saving will make it easier to focus !!!

Funnily enough, I've found it's not the chatting Fit, it's nerves that affect my focus. When you've been down the 18th heaps of times, you get more confident that you can close out your opponent.

The chatting actually relaxes me and helps take the heat out of the moment, it also gives me positive thoughts.

Johnny Canuck
8th July 2010, 01:47 PM
Fit telling someone to shut the **** up. Awesome.

TourFit
8th July 2010, 03:14 PM
I DON"T HAVE FOCUS ISSUES...

...Mine are "Lack Of F***ing Talent" (LOFT) based problems !!!!

Yossarian
8th July 2010, 03:32 PM
You do have talking issues though.

TourFit
8th July 2010, 04:58 PM
Not really...I thought you got out of there reasonably quickly the other day !!!

Yossarian
8th July 2010, 07:53 PM
:D true true.

Zeusgolf
8th July 2010, 10:35 PM

Choke.....Cough Cough......spit my food out.....isn't that the pot calling the kettle black....:wink:

Fit you could talk the leg off a frark'n chair

TourFit
10th July 2010, 12:01 AM
Talking to inanimate objects is pointless and a sign of insanity...

Nuffie
11th July 2010, 10:51 PM
How did all the WA ozgolf pennant players perform today?

Hartfield lost 2.5 to 4.5 against Royal Fremantle at RFGC today in Div. 5.

Craig Macey won 3 and 2. Chris Schroder - halved his match. Ian, Li, Gary, Peter and Tony (Veeman) were all gracious in defeat.

AND I managed to conjure up my biggest pennant win ever, winning 6 and 4.

The weather was horrendous but the course was lovely. It's too bad Hartfield doesn't have reciprocals with RFGC no more. Would love to go round there again.

hocko
11th July 2010, 11:06 PM
Divvy one.....

Gosnells hosted Melville and won 5&4 in some pretty ordinary conditions.
Mt Lawley hosted Joondy and lost 5&4.

*****News Flash******

hocko wins for the first time in 2010!

idgolfguy
11th July 2010, 11:10 PM
Vines Div 7 lost to LKCC 4-3. I won mine 4-3.

hocko
11th July 2010, 11:11 PM
Well done ID...back to usual pennant form i see.

simmsy
11th July 2010, 11:17 PM
well done hocko & id. thought of all you pennants guys out there today while i was passed out on the couch. can't imagine it would of been too friendly out there.

idgolfguy
11th July 2010, 11:19 PM
Yes, the only loss has been at LKCC unfortunately.

Congratulations on your win bit of form coming in or you just like weather the ducks like.

Veefore
12th July 2010, 09:27 AM
Hartfield Division 4 won 6-1 at Pinjarra.
I really hate the rain. For the first 9 holes I couldn't see because my glasses were fogged up and covered in rain. The umbrella was useless because with the wind the rain was coming sideways. On my 3rd hole (the 12th) I hit a full blooded driver 160m. I think it is the first time I have played a 350-360m hole driver-driver and come up short of the green. I went 3 down after four and pretty much hovered around the 2-3 down area for all of the front nine. The rain eased off after the 10th and I managed to actually play some good shots to get it back to a 2 and 1 win.

Division 2 had a 5 to 4 win. That puts them in an excellent position after Sun City beat Lake Karrinyup.
I'll let JC give the details.

hocko
12th July 2010, 09:35 AM
Yes, the only loss has been at LKCC unfortunately.

Congratulations on your win bit of form coming in or you just like weather the ducks like.

Cheers ID....You guys need to remember that i'm from Melbourne, i'm used to playing in wind, rain. hail, snow....43*heat?

hocko
12th July 2010, 09:38 AM
I really hate the rain. For the first 9 holes I couldn't see because my glasses were fogged up and covered in rain. The umbrella was useless because with the wind the rain was coming sideways. On my 3rd hole (the 12th) I hit a full blooded driver 160m. I think it is the first time I have played a 350-360m hole driver-driver and come up short of the green. I went 3 down after four and pretty much hovered around the 2-3 down area for all of the front nine. The rain eased off after the 10th and I managed to actually play some good shots to get it back to a 2 and 1 win.

Division 2 had a 5 to 4 win. That puts them in an excellent position after Sun City beat Lake Karrinyup.
I'll let JC give the details.

Good comback veefore....did your hat get wet or were you donning the beanie?

Johnny Canuck
12th July 2010, 10:42 AM
We had an awesome come from behind win, 5-4, winning the last 3 matches.

I went down huge, 6&5 and didn't really play that bad.

simmsy
12th July 2010, 10:57 AM
JC got spanked?

never thought it could happen to you mate, bad luck the main thing is the team won mate, so congrats!!

Nuffie
12th July 2010, 11:21 AM

What a great comeback win there Veefore, that's what hartfield pennants is made of. I hear you chatting about the 12th at Pinjarra. It sounds a bit like the 4th hole at RFGC, only this one played uphill and was around 380m!

I hit driver-driver into a roaring north-westerly and didn't get on :)

On the 7th, I had to back away from my putt 3 times as we got hit by a shower and downdraft of wind. My buggy took off down the fairway and lost it's rain cover. It blew across the fairway like a hanglider as I was jumping up and down trying to get hold of it.

TourFit
12th July 2010, 11:39 AM
We had an awesome come from behind win....

I went down huge....

Is Yoss coaching Hartfield Pennants these days...???

Nuffie
12th July 2010, 11:48 AM
Is Yoss coaching Hartfield Pennants these days...???

:mrgreen::smt038:smt038

TourFit
12th July 2010, 11:54 AM
That new avatar is positively scary Nuff...

You and a mega-phone !!!!

Nuffie
12th July 2010, 12:03 PM
That new avatar is positively scary Nuff...

You and a mega-phone !!!!

It's Scooter's group logo actually.

AND their lead singer H.P.Baxxter definitely has the megaphone, not me.

He blows the roof off stadiums all over the world!

Veefore
12th July 2010, 01:11 PM
Good comback veefore....did your hat get wet or were you donning the beanie?

I did the club thing and wore the team cap. But if it's cold next sunday I think the beanie might be getting another run. Maybe even the grey and black thermal one might come out this time. I'll draw the Hartfield logo on it with a sharpie and maybe they won't notice. :D

Veefore
13th July 2010, 01:43 PM
I just saw the results for Division 4. It looks like Hartfield have no chance of making it through to the finals now. Gosnells beat Kwinana at Kwinana and have now won 4 on the trot. There is no way that Pinjarra are going to knock them off at home so even if we beat Kwinana at Hartfield this week AND beat Gosnells at Gosnells next week we can't overtake them.

At least that makes it easier for Division 2 to take a couple of our better players when they are three down at the last round without worrying about hurting our division.

Johnny Canuck
13th July 2010, 03:42 PM
We weren't worried:mrgreen:.

You have good call ups like Nuffster that can take a spot.

Leftfield
13th July 2010, 07:49 PM
Yep not only did Kwinny div 4 got rolled at home, div 8 trounced at Rocko 6-1, but the doghouse award goes to someone in divy 5, div 5 went 3 1/2 each with gozzys, with one kwinny player 2 up after 4 against a crook opponent, but deciding to take the 1/2 appently so they could get out of the weather (if there was a better reason his teammates didn't know when I caught up with them after their match)... incredible... could well cost them a finals berth. Saw another thread about people pulling out of a round, but this is a whole other level...

hocko
13th July 2010, 08:23 PM
Wasn't Jeff was it?

Leftfield
13th July 2010, 11:27 PM
Nah hocko, but I doubt the perp will get another game. The gozzy boys wern't impressed with their guy either as they needed a win also.

Veefore
19th July 2010, 12:56 PM
A good day overall for Hartfield Div4. A 6-1 win over Kwinana. Only one loser, me.
I started with a hook into the trees that I didn't realise at the time was a sign of things to come then nearly saved par with a 7m putt that lipped out. I then went par, par, par, bogie, par, par, par, double, double, double, bogie (first time I ever lost 4 holes in a row), par, double, par, par, par. I Lost 2 and 1.
I only hit 5 fairways for the day and when I missed it was by a long way. I was chipping out backwards or sideways on every other hole and only hit 4 greens in regulation. Good up and down's on 2, 4, 6, 7 and 17 were helpful but I was having to try to get up and down from 180m+ for par too many times.

I'm not certain but the other Hartfield teams that played at home also won.

Johnny Canuck
19th July 2010, 12:59 PM
We lost 5-4 at Lake K.

I lost 5&4.

I officially hate golf.

Veefore
19th July 2010, 01:02 PM
I officially hate golf.

Me too. I think it might be time for me to take a few weeks off and paint the Kat.

Johnny Canuck
19th July 2010, 01:03 PM
That's what she said.

Veefore
19th July 2010, 01:08 PM
That's what she said.

kat or p...y

gotta have the rugs match the curtains afterall.

hocko
19th July 2010, 02:02 PM
Melville at home lost to Mt Lawley 6-3
I lost 4 and 3 and did it quite comfortably.
A positive for us was that our No.1 beat Ackzell 2 and 1.

I am giving up golf too, but still want to play at Joondy next week.

idgolfguy
19th July 2010, 02:12 PM
Lost 5/4. My Div 7 stats are worse than my Div 4 stats at the same juncture.

My opponent out drove me by 30m on average off the tee. Went 5 down after the first 6 holes. I got there late and went straight onto the tee.

It took me 7 holes to stop reading too much into the Sun City greens. I was 7 down at the turn and got it back to 4 but could not sustain the form.

I lost it on the greens and his caddy certainly played an important part. I only had one 3 putt during the match and a couple after.

Glad there is only one week to go.

Veefore
19th July 2010, 03:10 PM
I think this will probably be my last year playing pennants. I hate the rain, I hate the cold, I hate golf. It's no wonder I never play club champs. I'm always burnt out by the end of pennants.

Then again, every year I say the same thing and every year I get sucked back in by the spirit and excitement of a new season.

hocko
19th July 2010, 03:55 PM
I think this will probably be my last year playing pennants. I hate the rain, I hate the cold, I hate golf. It's no wonder I never play club champs. I'm always burnt out by the end of pennants.

Then again, every year I say the same thing and every year I get sucked back in by the spirit and excitement of a new season.

And i'm giving up beer and cigarettes Veefore!.......you'll be back.

Yossarian
19th July 2010, 04:28 PM
JC do you need some of my matchplay mojo?

Johnny Canuck
19th July 2010, 05:05 PM
Negative

Nuffie
19th July 2010, 06:05 PM
Our Hartfield Div. 5 team won yesterday 4-3 against Kwinana at Hartfield. We now need to win next week by heaps at Hartfield against Gossies and hope Kwinana floggs Royal Freo at Royal Freo to have any chance of making the final. Regardless though, it will be good if we just win next week to round out our year.

I managed a 1up victory on the 18th hole, now taking my count to one loss and two wins out of the 3 matches I've played so far this season. With 1 round left to play, I'd love to win just one more game and make it a 3 wins/1 loss record for the year.

Yesterday's game was a great win - just like one of my old time slaying efforts. Even though I drove terriblly hitting only 4/14 fairways off the tee (very unlike me), I hung in there and always believed I could still win. Even though the long game abandoned me, I manufactured some great up and downs and 20+ ft par saves to stay in the game, again and again. My opponent just couldn't believe it. He was hitting at least 20m+ further than me off the tee and down the middle with driver all day. It's the best he had driven for ages, so he said on the 18th and couldn't believe he was loosing. I just kept believing all day and scrambled for my life. This persistence got me over the line.

Sounds like I was one of the only ozgolfers that won this week besides Veeman who I believe also won 3 and 2. Great teamwork Veeman!

Yossarian
19th July 2010, 06:14 PM
Yesterday's game was a great win - just like one of my old time slaying efforts.

Slaying efforts?

TourFit
19th July 2010, 06:19 PM
JC do you need some of my matchplay mojo?

He's been spanked (and shafted up the arse) the last few weeks Yoss...sounds like you've already been a big enough influence !!!!

Pieface
19th July 2010, 06:52 PM
Yesterday's game was a great win - just like one of my old time slaying efforts.

Slaying efforts?

BUFFYTHEGOLFMAN :p

Nuffie
19th July 2010, 08:06 PM
I dont know about BUFFYTHEGOLFMAN there Pieface, but on this topic:

What I mean by a "slaying effort" Yoss (Veefore originally quoted me as the "Hampie Slayer" in fact) is that sometimes you just have to dig deep in this game and fight hard all day long to come away with a matchplay win. If we wrote ourselves off from the start thinking "this guy's just blowing me away, I've got nothing" then what chance are you realistically giving yourself to come back??? Not much at all.

See, this guy I played was a truly tough competitor (Graham from Kwinana), much bigger in stature, stronger and a lot longer off the tee than I am. He just kept belting it way past me all day long and dead straight. I on the other hand kept hitting it into the c**pola hole after hole! Many would say I deserved to lose...not me, I kept slaying away, I knew I'd bring him down.

AND I somehow got over the line. Even though I was well over my handicap in the end, it felt like one of my most rewarding matchplay victories ever. It's amazing how that ends up being so.. I guess it's a sense of reward for all the hard work that goes in.

BTW, don't worry about JC's couple of losses. He'll be back before you know it and prob beat me 6/4 in the next round of the ozgolf matchplay (that's only if BD is still going to forfeit my scheduled next match). An update on this anyone?

Nuffie
25th July 2010, 07:05 PM
A quick update for those concerning or interested in Hartfield's washup for Div. 5 this year, Royal Freo beat Kwinana at RFGC 4.5 to 2.5 today and this was the result we needed.

Also we had to win today against Gosnells and we did, 4.5 to 2.5. This should mean that we now progress through ahead of Kwinana for next weeks final.

Lets hope it's at The Vines coz I love that track!

Veefore
25th July 2010, 10:14 PM
Hartfield division 4 went down 4 1/2 to 2 1/2. I had my first ever win at Gosnells with a 1 up result.

Hartfield Division 2 I believe had a 6-3 win and with Lake Karrinyup winning 5-4 over Kwinana that puts them into the final.

adlo
25th July 2010, 10:19 PM
I bet JC is "thrilled"

Yossarian
25th July 2010, 10:20 PM
I dont know about BUFFYTHEGOLFMAN there Pieface, but on this topic:

What I mean by a "slaying effort" Yoss (Veefore originally quoted me as the "Hampie Slayer" in fact) is that sometimes you just have to dig deep in this game and fight hard all day long to come away with a matchplay win. If we wrote ourselves off from the start thinking "this guy's just blowing me " then what chance are you realistically giving yourself to come??? Not much at all.

See, this guy I played was much bigger in stature, stronger and a lot longer off the tee than I am. He just kept belting me all day long. I on the other hand kept hitting it into the c**pola hole after hole! I kept slaying away, I knew I'd bring him down.

Do you mean staying effort nuff nuff?

Nuffie
25th July 2010, 11:24 PM
Do you mean staying effort nuff nuff?

No issues with staying Yoss, Nuffie stays (or slays if you like) till the job is complete and this applies in multiple contexts, in matchplay golf AND you work it out:smt060

I almost fell off my lounge at your mods from laughing so hard....my gf wondered what the hell had happened to me. What it says definitely describes a different game to what I was trying to describe in the first place, LOL :oops:! Very different indeed...

Sounds like your style of game too Yoss, even though your truly not ghey are you? coz u have a gf right? So how did this whole "ghey" thing about you start off anyway, was it just one of the other clowns on here having a dig?? Prob JC was it?? $hitsturrers :mrgreen:

Johnny Canuck
25th July 2010, 11:36 PM
I bet JC is "thrilled"

No issues with staying Yoss, Nuffie stays till the job is complete and this applies in multiple contexts, matchplay golf AND you work it out:smt060

I almost fell off my lounge at your mods from laughing so hard....my gf wondered what the hell had happened to me. What it says definitely describes a different game to what I was trying to describe in the first place, LOL :oops:! Very different indeed...

Sounds like your style of game too Yoss, even though your truly not ghey are you? coz u have a gf right? So how did this whole thing about you start off anyway, was it just one of the other clowns on here having a dig?? Prob JC was it?? $hitsturrers :mrgreen:

Aldo knows that I have been very burnt out, to the point where I don't even want to warm up before a match. Work has been killing me and my mind hasn't been in the games.

I had a better work week this past one and only lost 1up today. On the final hole I played a ridiculous PW recovery 2nd shot between a 5 foot gap in some branches in a tree and then knocked a 3 wood about 260m through the green and up the back hill. I was left with an impossible chip, that I hit perfect and missed the pin by about 3 inches. It then rolled about 20-25 feet past and my putt did a 360 on the cup and didn't drop. I had a real fun match and thankfully, I played some good golf.

However, I'm really looking forward to some relaxing Saturday or Sunday comps. Instead it'll now be 7 weeks of pennants followed immediately by club champs. The Hartfield Winter open is going to be a blast. I'm going to shut my mind off and just have fun playing skins. Hopefully a good score follows.

Nuffie
25th July 2010, 11:49 PM
Sounds like its been a tough trott JC. I know where your coming from with the work thing too, last thurs nite I got my first solid range session in for about 3 months, even though I was exhausted and couldn't be stuffed going down to Maylands.

You've been playing great golf without luck by the sounds of things - a 260m 3wood - WOW! Sounds like the JC I know. In terms of winning, maybe in the final next week you might win the very match that gets Hartfield a Div 2. pennant flag.

All these things even out, before you know it you'll start winning holes without having to try as hard. I didn't have it all my way either today, had to fight my gutts out just for a 1/2 in my match and was dormy 2 after 16 holes. The way I saw it at the time, a 1/2 result could have been the difference if we had not have got through - But we both are! Congratulations btw for Div. 2.

I hope Div. 5 plays at The Vines next sun coz I always play well there, do you know where your final is being held yet???

Johnny Canuck
25th July 2010, 11:53 PM
The only thing that pissed me off about the 3 wood is that it was into a big wind that died right as I got over the ball.

I felt good today and had a blast. I'm looking forward to next week's final, as long as they don't have it at Gosnells.

idgolfguy
26th July 2010, 01:19 AM
I'm glad Pennants is over. I had a horrible round and wet down 4-3. I had to give my opponent 12 strokes and I lost 6 balls.

I haven't lost a ball in a couple of months. Yes, I chopped it.

Nuffie
26th July 2010, 10:16 AM
I'm looking forward to next week's final, as long as they don't have it at Gosnells.

I agree, coz Chris (The Div. 5 - Gosnells captain that I played against yesterday) said that atm, their course is not in the best of nick. Fairways have gone very spongy and the kikuyu has been cut too short with the mower, so grass is dying. Also greens have got very muddy due to "average" greenkeeping so I'm led to believe. There are a few unhappy members there atm.

So hopefully we all get a day out at The Vines 8-)

Veefore
26th July 2010, 10:47 AM
The greens are really bad at Gosnells. Yesterday they were full of spike marks and quite squishy and muddy underfoot. There is very little grass coverage. They are like Hartfields where at their worst when they had the "parks and gardens" green keeper. I had one putt break uphill on the third hole after hitting something and deflecting.

Johnny Canuck
26th July 2010, 10:48 AM
Gosnells is really bad even in top condition.

simmsy
26th July 2010, 01:08 PM
I agree, coz Chris (The Div. 5 - Gosnells captain that I played against yesterday) said that atm, their course is not in the best of nick. Fairways have gone very spongy and the kikuyu has been cut too short with the mower, so grass is dying. Also greens have got very muddy due to "average" greenkeeping so I'm led to believe. There are a few unhappy members there atm.

So hopefully we all get a day out at The Vines 8-)

There's always unhappy members at that course, has to be one of the dissapointing golf courses in Perth for members i reckon for everything that you here about it.

Johnny Canuck
26th July 2010, 09:40 PM
Hocko, can you confirm if the Div2 finals are going to be played at Melville this Sunday?

Veefore
26th July 2010, 09:59 PM
There's always unhappy members at that course, has to be one of the dissapointing golf courses in Perth for members i reckon for everything that you here about it.

Gosnells actually had a meeting with the board last week over the condition of the greens. Their greenkeeper is on a 12 month contract and is unlikely to be extended.

Hocko, can you confirm if the Div2 finals are going to be played at Melville this Sunday?

The other JC told me tonight that it was.

Johnny Canuck
26th July 2010, 10:12 PM
Interesting. Never played there. I've put in for a half day on Friday so that I can get out for a practice run. Hopefully my new driver is here!

Veefore
26th July 2010, 10:33 PM
Interesting. Never played there. I've put in for a half day on Friday so that I can get out for a practice run. Hopefully my new driver is here!

Maybe Hocko can show you around. :)

Johnny Canuck
26th July 2010, 10:34 PM
Local knowledge is gold.

bergsey
26th July 2010, 11:45 PM

Are members happy at any course?

Just received a notice of an extraordinary AGM at Yokine as they want to raise fees by 10% to cover increased labour costs etc (can only raise up to 5% per year without having to be voted on by members).... we'll see some unhappy members then !!!!

Johnny Canuck
27th July 2010, 12:00 AM
any chance this will pass? i would think no.

Veefore
27th July 2010, 09:18 AM
Hartfield members can expect a rise this year too. The prez even made a special "address the troops" speech a couple of weeks ago to foreshadow the rises coming so that it won't be such a surprise when it gets raised at the AGM. Thankfully he was only talking 5% or possibly up to about $100 extra a year.

hocko
27th July 2010, 10:13 AM

I can get a slot for 1220?
Keen? PM GL number.

hocko
27th July 2010, 10:14 AM
Hartfield members can expect a rise this year too. The prez even made a special "address the troops" speech a couple of weeks ago to foreshadow the rises coming so that it won't be such a surprise when it gets raised at the AGM. Thankfully he was only talking 5% or possibly up to about $100 extra a year.

What's it cost for 7 day at Hartfield V4?

Bruce Dickinson
27th July 2010, 10:20 AM
Are members happy at any course?

Just received a notice of an extraordinary AGM at Yokine as they want to raise fees by 10% to cover increased labour costs etc (can only raise up to 5% per year without having to be voted on by members).... we'll see some unhappy members then !!!!
a big cost increase has been power, running irrigation systems 8-9 months of the year uses a reasonable amount of electricty

Nuffie
27th July 2010, 10:52 AM

I'd definitely have a hit there with Hocko on Fri, but you will find that compared with Hartfield, MGCC is not that difficult at all.

I've played there 3 times now JC and every time I've been there I've found it easy, just not shot the score I wanted coz I started not concentrating and making stupid "unforced" errors. Greens are like RFGC, slower and not too much break bar about 2/3 holes.

It's a couch course with good lies and the ball sits up all day long, even if you miss a few greens up and downing is easy. It is also very open in places and with some of those shorter par 4's, a golfer of your ability will eat them for breakfast.

Just watch out for the par 3 with water to the left (It's either the 8th or the 17th). Whatever you do, don't go left as a hidden pond chews into the left-centre of the green (hidden from the tee). There's also a par 5 that I think is the second last hole. That green is the newest one on the course, it's a "dome" and very difficult to hold with the approach so bare this in mind.

Hocko will probably chat to you about these things if you guys play.

Goodluck for Sunday mate! :smt023

Johnny Canuck
27th July 2010, 10:57 AM
I want to tap into Hocko's wealth of knowledge. Trying to arrange things now.

Cheers Nuff. Hit them well, as well.

hocko
27th July 2010, 10:59 AM
Just watch out for the par 3 with water to the left (It's either the 8th or the 17th). Whatever you do, don't go left as a hidden pond chews into the left-centre of the green (hidden from the tee). There's also a par 5 that I think is the second last hole. That green is the newest one on the course, it's a "dome" and very difficult to hold with the approach so bare this in mind.

True enough Nuff, the 8th isn't overly tough..it's only a wedge in and the water is more psychological than anything.
However, don't get me started on the 17th green, it's a mushroom green that's the size of a 20 cent piece about 5 ft raised, made of concrete with a three foot tier.
I friggin hate it....and so do most other members.
I think the toughest hole now is the new 9th, 190mt par 3, surrounded by bunkers on the left an eight foot elevation on the right and, once again, made of concrete.

Nuffie
27th July 2010, 11:01 AM
a big cost increase has been power, running irrigation systems 8-9 months of the year uses a reasonable amount of electricty

I think everyone is feeling the pinch about power increases, I will once my gf and I get into our first home next year.

It's about time the government did more about this, there's 1000's of poor pensioners out there that can't even afford to turn their heater on.

If the doubled pricing goes ahead as predicted come the next few years, then my golf membership might even need to take one for the team.

Lets hope it doesn't come to this, heaven forbid!

Nuffie
27th July 2010, 11:09 AM
True enough Nuff, the 8th isn't overly tough..it's only a wedge in and the water is more psychological than anything.
However, don't get me started on the 17th green, it's a mushroom green that's the size of a 20 cent piece about 5 ft raised, made of concrete with a three foot tier.
I friggin hate it....and so do most other members.
I think the toughest hole now is the new 9th, 190mt par 3, surrounded by bunkers on the left an eight foot elevation on the right and, once again, made of concrete.

You couldn't describe the 8th any better Hocko, a "psychological sleeper" through and through that can jump up and bite!

I think you meant the par 3 - 18th? (One you quoted as being the 9th). This is a fantastic hole and a tough green to hit - like the one before it, as you specified this green is also very hard/fast. I think I've only parred this hole once.

I'm looking fwd to catching up with you for a hit one of these days. Lets see how things go after pennants/championships and I'll maybe PM you.

Veefore
27th July 2010, 08:13 PM
What's it cost for 7 day at Hartfield V4?

$220 nomination (at the moment)
All up including levies and insurance $1690 per year.

$1556 for 7 day membership
$42 golflink affiliation
$12 members insurance
$80 capital works levy

Yossarian
27th July 2010, 08:15 PM
Do you have to pay upfront?

Veefore
27th July 2010, 08:27 PM
Do you have to pay upfront?

Nominations yes.
Membership can be done via monthly direct debit.

Yossarian
27th July 2010, 08:34 PM
Interesting...

hocko
27th July 2010, 08:37 PM
Is Hartfield going to be the new home of Ozgolfers....I wonder??????
Cheaper than Melville....and they support their pennant sides!
No...I can't.....I don't want to embarass the American.

Yossarian
27th July 2010, 08:42 PM
That is tempting....

idgolfguy
27th July 2010, 10:00 PM
For an extra $200 you get 36 holes, reasonable course, gym, sauna, tennis and squash, pool , 3 average restaurants out where I am.

... and you don't have to wear a cardigan and don't have to tuck your shirt in.

adlo
27th July 2010, 10:45 PM
What is the noms though Vic? Aren't shares (or whatever the deal is out there) to be a member quite expensive?

idgolfguy
27th July 2010, 11:18 PM
The Vines is asking $5K or $6K. However, there are a few out there who would sell from $2500 onwards. These are from people who received them on land purchases. It is transferrable.

Look and wait to buy cheap.

adlo
27th July 2010, 11:25 PM
5K? I'd join Lawley.

Yossarian
27th July 2010, 11:27 PM
I'd join WAGC. Mostly to avoid tourfit ;)

idgolfguy
27th July 2010, 11:31 PM
If you buy well you don't lose any money.

bergsey
27th July 2010, 11:38 PM
$220 nomination (at the moment)
All up including levies and insurance $1690 per year.

$1556 for 7 day membership
$42 golflink affiliation
$12 members insurance
$80 capital works levy

Yokine - $3,500 nomination - can pay in installments over 3 years

$1,898 for 7 day membership ($1,328 for 6 day i.e. no Saturday)
$360 Bar Tab
$40 golflink affiliation
$13 members insurance
$109 capital works levy

Yossarian
27th July 2010, 11:41 PM
Can you pay the membership in monthly installments as well?

I like that the 1st tee thread has turned into pennants and this into course membership :)

bergsey
28th July 2010, 12:08 AM
Can you pay the membership in monthly installments as well?
I like that the 1st tee thread has turned into pennants and this into course membership :)

No, but can pay quarterly. Monthly would be better !

Yep !

Nuffie
28th July 2010, 11:04 AM
Nominations yes.
Membership can be done via monthly direct debit.

Sure can, direct debit works great for people in my age bracket that are trying to save heaps of $$$.

That's one thing I've noticed about Perth, with golf being way more expensive than Syd means less young people in their 20's are playing in private clubs here. It's a little unfortunate as lots of these people could be reasonable players, but end up being restricted to the WAGL or just social play due the huge nom's/subs of the private clubs over here. This was me for about 8 months when I first moved here, before I joined Wanneroo in 2007 for about 6 months. I couldn't believe the difference in price.

Another friend I've made recently (Jayjay) who's moved here from Ireland, played off 9 on a private links course over there. For 6 months now, he hasn't played golf as he's been trying to save up for a nomination. He's not sure where to join yet, but I've put my hand up to show him a couple of public/private tracks in the area. TourFit and Bergsey might be able to help me out with this one as he lives not far from me.

Veefore
1st August 2010, 11:45 PM
Hartfield had three teams in the Pennant Finals today.
Division 2 at Melville Glades against Cottesloe.
Division 5 at The Vines against Joondalup.
Divison 9 at Gosnells against Lake Karrinyup.

Division 5 and Division 9 won.

I'll let JC fill in Division 2's results.

Oh yeah, Gosnells went through the season in division 4 undefeated.

MegaWatty
1st August 2010, 11:47 PM
Did Nuffie slay someone?

Not much room for more flags in the club house!!! ;)

Congrats guys!

simmsy
1st August 2010, 11:50 PM
how did divvy 2 go Veefore?
JC will be in bed by now, he was saying on friday he's too old for this caper.

and well done to all from 5&9 for a great effort.

Johnny Canuck
2nd August 2010, 12:31 AM
We lost 9-0.

I lost 7&6 (36 holes). Struck the ball beautifully. Could not read 5 to 7 footers all day and probably missed about 7.

Very tired.

MegaWatty
2nd August 2010, 12:34 AM
We lost 9-0.

I lost 7&6 (36 holes). Struck the ball beautifully. Could not read 5 to 7 footers all day and probably missed about 7.

Very tired.

Ouch.

Back to comp golf now. Get that handicap out. ;)

simmsy
2nd August 2010, 12:45 AM
bad luck JC - tough day at the office mate for sure.

Nuffie
2nd August 2010, 10:48 AM
bad luck JC - tough day at the office mate for sure.

Our team won the Div. 5 flag and I was over the moon! To be a finalist after being so close twice was a huge relief. Singing the team song last night - what an amazing feeling. I'll never forget it.

However, I was the one to get slayed yesterday 5 & 4 by one of the best putters I've ever seen.

He made 5 x 20+ footers and even drained a 25ft downhiller for birdie on the 1st to go 1up.

But lets not beat around the bush or make excuses, my putting was a discrace - I know it and Victor will second me on this. I even feel like I let him down in a way...

This is the area I need to continue working on, we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

And in big matches, there's nowhere to hide your weakness.

JC must be buggered after playing 30 holes. He was holding up great last night though - back at the club when we spoke, what a goer. Div 2 had a very tough day at the office trying to tame mighty Cottesloe.

It's been a big learning curve for some of us this year, including myself. There's always something to work on, something to strive for and something to play for. It's what makes this game so amazing.

bergsey
2nd August 2010, 02:15 PM
Singing the team song last night - what an amazing feeling. I'll never forget it.

Hartfield has a team song? serious?.... can only imagine !!

TourFit
2nd August 2010, 02:24 PM
To the tune of... "I'm A Lumberjack"

We're the Hartfield boys
And we're so ghey
We all wear beige
And we wear it all day

Our course is flat
Our greens are fast
They're also pretty hard
Our bunkers are all crusty
Like our older members are

We're the Hartfield boys
And we're so ghey
We all wear beige
And we wear it all day

We like to play
Off kike all day
And listen to dogs bark
We have to chip off woodchips
So what you hear is "F*rk!"

We're the Hartfield boys
And we're so ghey
We all wear beige
And we wear it all day

You can look for goats
On this 'ere track
You won't look very far
There's a load of OzGolf members
Just hanging around the bar

We're the Hartfield boys
And we're so ghey
We all wear beige
And we wear it all day

Mega and Zeus
Simmsy and JC
Nice guys that they are
Then there's NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN...
To follow you to your car!

We're the Hartfield boys
And we're so ghey
We all wear beige
And we wear it all day

Veefore
2nd August 2010, 02:43 PM
Nah, it's not that good tourfit.

to the tune of the richmond club song:

Oh we're the Hartfield lads,
a fighting fury we're the Hartfield lads...

can't remember the rest. Have to wait till next years pennants when they drag it out again.

TourFit
2nd August 2010, 02:49 PM
Only if you win....!

Pieface
2nd August 2010, 03:02 PM
How long did that take you TF...be honest now!?

TourFit
2nd August 2010, 03:08 PM
Added it bit by bit...each edit was usually one verse. About 20 minutes to get what's there now.

MegaWatty
2nd August 2010, 03:33 PM
MT Lawley's song.

We are MT Lawley.
So go and get ****ed.

The end.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 03:46 PM
Good very good MW!

TourFit
2nd August 2010, 04:14 PM
MT Lawley's song.

We are MT Lawley.
So go and get ****ed.

The end.

That's not our song...that's our mission statement !!!

TourFit
2nd August 2010, 04:19 PM
...double post deleted.

Yossarian
2nd August 2010, 06:31 PM
Why not go for a three strip post there TF?

Well done to everyone who played, wish I could get involved in something like it!

hocko
2nd August 2010, 06:50 PM
Melville lost 8/1 against Freo at Cottesloe, i was taught a golfing lesson losing 5/4.
We have now been relegated to divvy 2.
I am surprised JC lost on Sunday as he got a pretty good look at the course on Friday arvo, and i mean ALL of the course.
Club champs in 2 weeks, then i may have a rest until the skins game at joondy.

JC....which driver did you use?
Simmsy...if you've got another one of them in your pocket i'll be glad to take it off your hands.

Johnny Canuck
2nd August 2010, 07:21 PM
Used the Adams. I probably hit 12 of 14 fairways I used it off the tee. Hit is high and long. I guess it felt threatened.

adlo
2nd August 2010, 09:35 PM
Hard luck JC.

TourFit, that is bloody brilliant. Credit where credit is due.

Golfnut
2nd August 2010, 09:46 PM
^^^Agreed....great effort 'Fit

MT Lawley's song.

We are MT Lawley.
So go and get ****ed.

The end.

But this 'ere is POTY material......very funny MW :D

bergsey
3rd August 2010, 12:07 AM
MT Lawley's song.

We are MT Lawley.
So go and get ****ed.

The end.

I heard that they had to update the theme song as "don't call me a kaffer" was just too politically incorrect.....

Nuffie
3rd August 2010, 12:12 AM
Some of the funniest posts above that you're ever likely to see on ozgolf!

Speaking of which... TourFit's version of the "Hartfield Song" is nearly as good as the short and sweet "Mt Lawley Song", only the ML one gets straight to the point:

Mt Lawley is a good course and I'm looking fwd to whenever my next round there is, but yeah - just got to watch out for them "bag pipe" players that blow F-bombs :)