PDA

View Full Version : New Brighton - Sunday 8 May **CANCELLED**

amanda
19th April 2005, 08:27 AM
At the moment ALD isn't available for 1st of May - so they are looking to play their match on the 8th...

1. Fishy
2. ALD
3. Amanda
4. Brad
5. Grunt (in pencil)

Fishman Dan
19th April 2005, 08:32 AM
Let's build this up a little -

The Long Driver vs The Power Fader

Golf will certainly be the winner.

Aussielongdriver
19th April 2005, 05:23 PM
Power slicer

Onewood
19th April 2005, 05:28 PM

Pretty hard to build up a SLAUGHTER fishman :D

Jono
19th April 2005, 09:21 PM

From what I've seen of ALD at Bayview and the Fishman at the Vintage, I think it would be more appropriate to label it:

The Snap Hooker vs The Gay Fader

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trung
19th April 2005, 09:43 PM

From what I've seen of ALD at Bayview and the Fishman at the Vintage, I think it would be more appropriate to label it:

The Snap Hooker vs The Gay Fader

:lol: :lol: :lol:

After a few duffed chips, we might have to call you The Duffer, hey Jono?

Jono
20th April 2005, 04:01 AM
After a few duffed chips, we might have to call you The Duffer, hey Jono?

Is this your way of saying that you want a REMATCH? :lol: You can always pick me as the lucky loser and play me at New Brighton on the 1st of May ... :wink:

Fishman Dan
20th April 2005, 08:17 AM

Pretty hard to build up a SLAUGHTER fishman :D

That's not fair Kev.

I think he'll hang in there until the 14th or 15? :roll: :P

amanda
30th April 2005, 05:55 PM
I will book in 1 group for this:

1. Fishy
2. ALD
3. Amanda
4. Brad

amanda
1st May 2005, 03:53 PM
Brad is out - had enough of golf after this week - so I've got one spot left - any takers?

7.34am
1. Fishy
2. ALD
3. Amanda
4. ?

Fishy/ALD - we are playing off the back nine first - I will bring the matchplay index. I chose the back nine because if you play the front nine first, you are blinded for every shot down the 2nd and 3rd with the sun directly rising in front of you!

Grunt
1st May 2005, 06:00 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Amanda, but I cant make it. I forgot it was Mothers Day. Rachelle would have killed me if I had played.

Fishman Dan
2nd May 2005, 11:15 AM
Okay - this one is now in jeopardy. Mothers Day plans have been made around me... wouldn't be a problem but there's every likelihood it will be in Newcastle.

Amanda - sorry to let you down after the great planning. In fairness I'll find out for sure asap.

Matchplay? Where do we go from here. I think we're about 50/50 for the postponements, but at the end of the day I don't really give a rats. Had fun yesterday with Jono, but as he said i wasn't really thinking of the match score throughout the round and more concentrating on my own score.

Stephen - fancy a dig at Merewether? :roll: Can anyone get us onto Newcastle GC? :)

amanda
2nd May 2005, 12:03 PM
Fishy - no stress - I was surprised when ALD suggested the 8th anyway!

Fishman Dan
2nd May 2005, 12:10 PM
Fishy - no stress - I was surprised when ALD suggested the 8th anyway!

We went through about 6 weeks of weekends before we settled on that date. Obviously between the 2 of us we never factored in Mother's Day :oops: :lol:

Aussielongdriver
3rd May 2005, 09:35 AM
This is the second time I have committed to playing this match.
I am willing to put it back 1 week but any farther away is unfair to the other people in the event.

Sorry I wasn't aware it was Mother's Day when we set the date.

Stephen

Fishman Dan
3rd May 2005, 09:51 AM
I am willing to put it back 1 week but any farther away is unfair to the other people in the event.

Stephen

Agree it's a little unfair as they are starting on their 2nd round events. We've had a pretty ordinary time trying to get sorted here, between work and competition issues between us.

I agree - Stephen has committed to 2 dates (what were they again?).. once he got around to reading his PM's :wink: :lol:

3oneday
3rd May 2005, 10:47 AM

Stephenwhy don't you both just chuck a sicky and play a mid week comp somewhere ???

Either that or Paper, sissors, rock
:lol: :lol:
8)

Jarro
3rd May 2005, 01:19 PM
nothing's better than having a sickie to play golf 8)

.. just ask Onewood :wink:

Jono
3rd May 2005, 06:40 PM
I can set up a match for you guys at Bayview on the 15th. Let me know if you guys want to do this.

Aussielongdriver
4th May 2005, 05:18 AM
No offence Jono but Bayview needs to buy a mower before I will play there again!
If Fishy wants we can play Liverpool on the 15th.
If people want to join us I will check the availability of time slots.
Stephen

Jono
4th May 2005, 06:37 AM
No offence Jono but Bayview needs to buy a mower before I will play there again!
If Fishy wants we can play Liverpool on the 15th.
If people want to join us I will check the availability of time slots.
Stephen

Would you believe me if I told you that Bayview greens are much better now? They couldn't get much worse ... :oops:

No more temporary greens and the ball is rolling much better now. Wouldn't call the greens quick, but not hairy like before.

Anyway, if Fishie agrees to play you at Liverpool, I would love to join in and watch the match ... Should be interesting contrast of styles.

Virgal_Tracy
4th May 2005, 08:00 AM
I could well be on for the 15th at liverpool. Good chance to try out the course

Aussielongdriver
4th May 2005, 11:22 AM
Fishy,

are you right to play on the 15th or do you forfeit ?

Stephen

AndyP
4th May 2005, 11:51 AM
I see two problems with this:
The original rules done by Blakey mentioned that it was bad etiquette to suggest your home course for a match. [-X Didn't Spiersy state in his rules that a match in this situation would be decided by a coin toss? :-s
There you go, Fishy, a lifeline. ;) :lol:

Fishman Dan
4th May 2005, 12:03 PM
I see two problems with this:
The original rules done by Blakey mentioned that it was bad etiquette to suggest your home course for a match. [-X Didn't Spiersy state in his rules that a match in this situation would be decided by a coin toss?  :-s
There you go, Fishy, a lifeline.  ;)  :lol:

ALD - like i said, ultimately i don't really give much in the way of care-factor to the matchplay, but it's a round of golf either way.

EDITED: I'm in China on the 15th, so let's put it this way - if you can arrange a game with Spiersy before the 22nd then i'll forfeit this godforsaken event.

The only option i can think of would be a Rosnay game on Saturday. No ones preference i am sure. I can't think of another course within 100 km's that allow guests on Saturday's.

;)

PS - I reserve the right to arrange a future matchplay event against both yourself and Rob, with the prize being full bragging rights 8)

Grunt
4th May 2005, 01:48 PM
dan

Macarthur Grange will let visitors on Saturdays.

More than likely there would still be an opening this weekend too.

Ring the pro shop if you want on 98201600

Fishman Dan
4th May 2005, 01:52 PM
dan

Macarthur Grange will let visitors on Saturdays.

More than likely there would still be an opening this weekend too.

Ring the pro shop if you want on 98201600

Grant - thanks for that. Might try and arrange a hit regardless of matchplay.

Jono
5th May 2005, 05:38 AM
So how about a game at Macarthur Grange on 14th then? It's an interesting course ... Heavy rough and short par 5's are what I remember. Oh, and lots of hills ...

The course is near Camden Lakeside ... pretty easy to find.

Grunt
5th May 2005, 06:01 AM
I am playing there on the 14th, Give me an idea on Numbers and I will see what I can do, I will post a 1st tee message for everyone.

Aussielongdriver
5th May 2005, 06:02 AM
I up for it

Prefer mornings

Let me know

Stephen

Jono
5th May 2005, 06:15 AM
I up for it

Prefer mornings

Let me know

Stephen

Very Captain Caveman-ish ... :wink:

I up for it ... unga bunga ... me prefer mornings ... unga bunga ... let me know ...

:lol: