PDA

View Full Version : Your golf "white elephant"

Ferrins
19th June 2010, 08:36 AM
A white elephant is an idiom for a valuable possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost is out of proportion to its usefulness or worth.

What have you got?

Honma Blades?

Driver from a touring pro?

A putter that's too good to game?

Fancy staff bag?

Golf club membership?

Golf gadget or training aid?

qbnchopper
19th June 2010, 08:42 AM
Range finder - can't hit it that far anyway ....
Golf bags - I have four
3 spare sets

Grunt
19th June 2010, 08:55 AM
Probably my club membership seeing as I have not played at my home club for over 18 months.

Bushka
19th June 2010, 09:03 AM
Taylor Made Tour burner 14.5 Degree 3 wood....Wtf i bought it when i couldn't break 27 i'll never know. It's only just started to be allowed back out of the bag a year later.

Ferrins
19th June 2010, 09:10 AM
Taylor Made Tour burner 14.5 Degree 3 wood....Wtf i bought it when i couldn't break 27 i'll never know. It's only just started to be allowed back out of the bag a year later.
I have purchased golf equipment which is beyond my golfing abilities, with the belief that it will motivate me to improve.

Dotty
19th June 2010, 09:30 AM
Just about everything. (Gets used for 4/6/12 months, then give it to a social-playing mate or the cadet program. Or loaned out, and sometimes even swapped back a couple of years later.)

Biggest white elephant was a 12* Cobra F/Speed driver (with a 4* closed face, it set-up around 16*).

Ferrins
19th June 2010, 09:51 AM
Biggest white elephant was a 12* Cobra F/Speed driver (with a 4* closed face, it set-up around 16*).[/QUOTE]

I hasten to say that you didn't get that from a touring pro.

WBennett
19th June 2010, 10:28 AM
Mizuno 26 degree hybrid. Thought it would replace my 4 iron, but I only hit it 160. So no room for it, and no market for it either!

markTHEblake
19th June 2010, 10:52 AM
1 box of brand new Pro V1

Jarro
19th June 2010, 02:54 PM
Tour Preferred 3 iron

razaar
19th June 2010, 03:09 PM
I have a dozen or so putters which I may never put into play, but they look nice. I follow the advice to only keep things that are useful and/or beautiful.;)

IanO
19th June 2010, 04:52 PM
A full set of professionally fitted Brosnan "Black Magic" clubs that I played for 3 months and have now sat in the roof for 10 years. Worth nothing now!

Outcast
19th June 2010, 05:49 PM
Just check out my WITB; I think that explains just about all the White Elephants I own.....

Oh sorry, I thought you said lemons....:smt087

henno
19th June 2010, 07:45 PM
Tour Preferred 3 iron

That's a surprisingly difficult club to hit. The 4-iron is a beauty but I just struggled with the 3-iron. I dunno if it was the loft, grind, bounce or what, but I never hit it good.

BrisVegas
19th June 2010, 09:42 PM
Titleist Japan caddy bag.

Ferrins
19th June 2010, 11:06 PM
Titleist Japan caddy bag.
White man in Japan

It is famous story.
White men can be popular in Japanese girls. Here it must be heaven for them.
One of my white men friends says that he was never so poplar in other places and he is quite happy now here because of plenty girls.
You can have beautiful Japanese girls even every day if you are a white man. (I do not know other rase.) Of course, those girls could be certain type of girls.
I heard this kind of story often. No surprising.
They love you long time if have caddy bag.

mike
22nd June 2010, 08:23 PM
igolf neo. I rarely use it anymore.

haysey
22nd June 2010, 08:25 PM
igolf neo. I rarely use it anymore.

Bob doesn't use his anymore either....it's in the lake in front of the 11th tee:lol:

Courty
22nd June 2010, 09:02 PM
I know there's a good pic out there somewhere.

It was the best shot he made all day, too. :lol:

sms316
23rd June 2010, 02:05 PM
My Redcliffe membership. Especially as I am now a member at another course (which is actually reciprocal with Reddy anyway).

Just need to decide if playing pennant in Brisbane is really that important. Would be nice to play a season of metropolitan pennant just once.

razaar
23rd June 2010, 02:08 PM
My Redcliffe membership. Especially as I am now a member at another course (which is actually reciprocal with Reddy anyway).

Just need to decide if playing pennant in Brisbane is really that important. Would be nice to play a season of metropolitan pennant just once.

Are you still in Brisbane or have you moved further north?

sms316
23rd June 2010, 02:09 PM
Are you still in Brisbane or have you moved further north?

Will be moving in early/mid August to Caloundra or thereabouts. Looked at a great place in Little Mountain yesterday.

markTHEblake
23rd June 2010, 05:56 PM
The Sunshine coast pennant is pretty strong these days, doesnt seem to be as many active poaching by the Brisbane clubs anymore. plus You ony gotta look at the names of past winners to see the area is just class golfers.

sms316
23rd June 2010, 08:23 PM
The Sunshine coast pennant is pretty strong these days, doesnt seem to be as many active poaching by the Brisbane clubs anymore. plus You ony gotta look at the names of past winners to see the area is just class golfers.

1983 Junior Pennant by any chance?

markTHEblake
23rd June 2010, 08:33 PM
Junior? Pfffftt.

Tongueboy
23rd June 2010, 08:42 PM
nothing wrong with living in the past