PDA

View Full Version : Titleist D2 vs Taylormade R9 Supertri vs Cally FT TOUR

mint
18th June 2010, 12:26 PM
I am about to purchase a new driver and have narrowed it down to these 3. I cant split them after hitting all 3.. FT TOUR is the cheapest followed by the D2 then the R9..

what I was going to ask the educated group of OzGolfers is in anyones opinion (hopefully you have one of these) is some feedback on either and what would be your preffered club?

As I said I can not split them.. they all feel equally as good, I get simlular distance with all 3 and all are great visually...

Thoughts anyone ?

3oneday
18th June 2010, 01:02 PM
I loved the look of the FT Tour, hated it's performance. Too open and too low a ball flight for me. I had a 9.5 with NV 75.

Hit the Supertri at the range, which was enough for me to not take it to the course, spun it's orse off !

909 D2 ? should be cheaper than those 2 anyway, check timtheputterman. Some would argue that Titleist have only ever made one bad series of drivers, the 907, but I reckon every single driver I have ever used of Titleist is just by far the best.

Bushka
18th June 2010, 02:31 PM
Go with titleist for sure.

That way when you don't like it after six months, all the tragics on here will knock each other over in the rush to grab it :)

Resale value is key!

sol381
18th June 2010, 05:59 PM
try the wilson smooth . i`ll bet it kills them all.

KristianJ
18th June 2010, 08:46 PM
Go with titleist for sure.

That way when you don't like it after six months, all the tragics on here will knock each other over in the rush to grab it :)

Resale value is key!

Which is why you've spent your hard earned on an Adams. ;)

mint, I've only hit the 909 out of the 3, but if you're one of those wannabe shaft ho's, the R9 should float your boat.

Eca
19th June 2010, 01:41 PM
I am about to purchase a new driver and have narrowed it down to these 3. I cant split them after hitting all 3.. FT TOUR is the cheapest followed by the D2 then the R9..

what I was going to ask the educated group of OzGolfers is in anyones opinion (hopefully you have one of these) is some feedback on either and what would be your preffered club?

As I said I can not split them.. they all feel equally as good, I get simlular distance with all 3 and all are great visually...

Thoughts anyone ?
If i was to choose:
D2 - very forgiving and good distance good resale value
Supertri - good head and option to swap shafts. Face however looks worn very fast and no need to tell you resale of this in 16 months
FT- Tour - Have not hit

Me personally the d2 but not much between the 1st 2. Depends if you get the right fitting and shaft.
When I was buying however i ended up with 9032LS with SNV6 (real voodoo), cut to 44.75. I was very happy then the ho in me had to have the classic. Even then it's marginal difference. Maybe a little more distance due to less spin and the devotion 7x really is good with dispersion.

mint
20th June 2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Ended up getting the D2!!!

rabsss
23rd June 2010, 04:18 PM
good choice, ive hit all three and if I wouldnt be able to split between the 909 and the FT, but 909 on resale value

mint
23rd June 2010, 10:05 PM
had my first hit out on course today with it.. i love it but i think it is going to take some getting use too... have tried a different combo in the shaft to my old drivers but prepared for the challenge