PDA

View Full Version : New Brighton - Sunday 1 May

amanda
18th April 2005, 01:26 PM
Hi all,

Fishy was hoping to play a practice round at New Brighton before his matchplay against ALD so I thought I'd make an open invite (though I think I can only do 2 groups)

Tee time will be between 7.30am and 8.30am. $23 for visitors.

1. Amanda
2. Brad
3. Fishy

Fishman Dan
18th April 2005, 01:30 PM
Amanda - thanks for booking. Will be there, but are there restrictions for visitors on open days? I know Carnarvon restrict you to a single visit per month.

Mind you, if ALD can make it along on this day we can just play our event then.

amanda
18th April 2005, 01:40 PM
Nope - no restrictions on visitors Fishy!

Trung
18th April 2005, 02:20 PM
Amanda...Amanda... Can I play? :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

My 1st round matchplay match will be decided on the day.

If not Big AL, how about Big Brad? =D> (ps. home course advantage is gonna be tough :shock: )

If not Big Brad, then I will take on a Lucky Loser.

Dammit, I just want to play.....Somebody play me.... I'm an easy beat :oops:

amanda
18th April 2005, 02:47 PM
Trungie - I'll ask Brad - or who is deciding the lucky loser?

1. Amanda
2. Brad
3. Fishy
4. Trung

Trung
18th April 2005, 02:52 PM
who is deciding the lucky loser?

I will provide my address, the best wine sent will be the winner :P

Grunt
18th April 2005, 03:05 PM
Love to play Amanda but I am working yet again. Have fun all.

amanda
18th April 2005, 03:06 PM
who is deciding the lucky loser?

I will provide my address, the best wine sent will be the winner :P
White or red?

Trung
18th April 2005, 03:47 PM
You know I was kidding about the wine right? :wink:

PS... I bought 2 whites from the hunter yesterday.. So red please.. :P

Jono
18th April 2005, 04:50 PM
You know I was kidding about the wine right? :wink:

PS... I bought 2 whites from the hunter yesterday.. So red please.. :P

Amanda,

Trung likes CHEAP wines ... :wink:

If it ends up being the lucky loser scenario, I think Amanda should get it since she was the number 1 seed. If she doesn't want to play, then the number 2 seed should get the chance ... ie. ME! :wink: :lol:

Jono
18th April 2005, 04:52 PM
1. Amanda
2. Brad
3. Fishy
4. Trung
5. Jono (pencil)

I might be playing my fourball matchplay final that day. We'll see.

Grunt
18th April 2005, 05:09 PM
I cant play that day but as I was 13th seed i guess the 14th seed could play, as if it would get that far if that was the way it was going to be worked out, jono.

If it is going to be a loser factor I think closest loss would be fairer, ps it is not me so I am not feathering my own nest.

3oneday
18th April 2005, 08:07 PM
1. Amanda
2. Brad
3. Fishy
4. Trung
5. Jono (pencil) nice one Jarro :P :P
6. 3oneday

Trung
18th April 2005, 08:55 PM
If it ends up being the lucky loser scenario, I think Amanda should get it since she was the number 1 seed. If she doesn't want to play, then the number 2 seed should get the chance ... ie. ME! :wink: :lol:

I will have the final word on how the lucky loser is selected..

btw.. damn you look like a ghost with all that 30+ super white sun lotion on your face at The Vintage. The smell wasn't good either.. :?

TS
18th April 2005, 09:23 PM
1. Amanda
2. Brad
3. Fishy
4. Trung
5. Jono (pencil) nice one Jarro Razz Razz
6. 3oneday
7. TS

Any time closer to 8:30am would be preferable.

Jono
18th April 2005, 09:32 PM
btw.. damn you look like a ghost with all that 30+ super white sun lotion on your face at The Vintage. The smell wasn't good either.. :?

Mate, that was tribal face painting. Commonly performed by the HUNTER before going out for the big hunt ... designed to camouflage and to put fear into his prey ... Sometimes it can be effective as a distraction too ... :wink: :lol:

BTW, I rung Gary (my fourball partner) and he can't play this coming weekend, meaning that the final will have to be held on the 1st of May. We have already postponed it twice, so I can't get out of this one. The club captain is pretty annoyed with us already. So I'll have to play the fourball final that day. Pity, because I really liked the New Brighton layout. Oh well, next time ...

1. Amanda
2. Brad
3. Fishy
4. Trung
5. 3oneday
6. TS

amanda
19th April 2005, 08:14 AM
Jono - if ALD can't make it on the 1st of May - they'll be playing their match on the 8th - so we'll be having another Ozgolf event then :)

Grunt
19th April 2005, 08:17 AM
I may be able to make the 8th May if it is on Amanda.

Aussielongdriver
19th April 2005, 05:22 PM
I can't make it that day as I will be in Queenstown New Zealand kicking the Kiwi's butt in a Australia V New Zealand long drive challenge.

Fishy, better get plenty of practice around there for our match on the 8th.

Stephen

jimandr
19th April 2005, 07:42 PM
Having forced myself to wake Before The Crack Of Dawn two Sundays in a row I will be in sleep-debt for weeks.

But as there are a couple of all-stars in this list I haven't seen tear up the course first hand, I'll make the sleep sacrifice again.

I saw the ALD power hook at Bayview, so I'll look forward to seeing the power fade at closer range than two holes behind.

Count me in.

1. Amanda
2. Brad
3. Fishy
4. Trung
5. 3oneday
6. TS
7. Jimandr

3oneday
19th April 2005, 07:45 PM
seeing the power fade at closer range than two holes behind. :lol: :lol: just don't stand too close, the speed generated is mind numbing :shock: :shock:

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

Trung
19th April 2005, 09:08 PM
Amanda...

is Renata still at the proshop :?: .

it's time I take her for a road test :idea: O:)

Jono
19th April 2005, 09:16 PM
I am back in ... 8) We have rescheduled our fourball matchplay final to this weekend, so I am free to play at New Brighton on the 1st of May.

1. Amanda
2. Brad
3. Fishy
4. Trung
5. 3oneday
6. TS
7. Jimandr
8. Jono

amanda
20th April 2005, 08:52 AM
Amanda...

is Renata still at the proshop :?: .

it's time I take her for a road test :idea: O:)
Stay away from her Trung - you would not like to meet her 6'3" boyfriend! And yes - she does usually work Sunday mornings.

Trung
20th April 2005, 07:30 PM
And yes - she does usually work Sunday mornings. Thats what I want to hear :P

Jono
21st April 2005, 07:57 PM
Hey Trung,

So who is your first round opponent? Did you manage to get in contact with Big Al? You gonna play Brad? Amanda? Me? Hurry up and decide, man ... :roll:

If Trung is not playing me, are you up for a match, Fishie? Since this is a practice run for your match against ALD, you might as well play against somebody ... :wink: Man, I'm addicted to this matchplay thing ... I've got the fourball matchplay final this Sunday ... IMO, nothing beats the thrill of a close matchplay ... well almost nothing ... :wink:

3oneday
21st April 2005, 08:02 PM
I'm happy to give Fishguts a practice match, mine and Stephens handicaps are pretty similar, I was planning on loosening one of his wheels when we were near water anyway, so why not in matchplay :twisted: :twisted:

amanda
22nd April 2005, 08:53 AM
OK - so the groups will be:

1. Brad
2. Fishy
3. 3oneday
4. TS

5. Amanda
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono

Jono
22nd April 2005, 09:01 AM
OK - so the groups will be:

1. Brad
2. Fishy
3. 3oneday
4. TS

5. Amanda
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono

So who did Trung choose as the lucky loser? :?:

BTW, I'll bring your Rotella books (and actually give them to you this time. :lol: )

amanda
22nd April 2005, 02:26 PM
Nobody yet

amanda
22nd April 2005, 02:33 PM
Can I get the updated handicap details for everyone? I already have everyone's home club

Ta!

Trung
22nd April 2005, 11:41 PM
Nobody yet

I will wait for TS's result from Gordon today and then it will be down to

Brad, Amanda, Jono, or maybe even TS :wink:

Trung
24th April 2005, 07:42 PM
Hey Trung,

So who is your first round opponent? Did you manage to get in contact with Big Al? You gonna play Brad? Amanda? Me? Hurry up and decide, man ... :roll:

Just spoke to Amanda, I gave Brad the first option as he was the only person not in the main matchplay draw.....

He accepted my challenge..

So it's Trung vs Brad 8)

Hes a local New Brighton member so I'm already fighting an uphill battle :shock: :shock: :shock: .

amanda
25th April 2005, 06:24 AM
So it's Trung vs Brad  8)

Hes a local New Brighton member so I'm already fighting an uphill battle  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: .
Come on Trungie - you've played and won enough money at New Brighton to know the course as well as Brad does!

And the tee times are:

7.50am
Amanda
Tony
Fishy
Pete

7.58am
Brad
Trung
John Oh
Jim

I have everyone's details in the computer - as I get updated handicaps and member details (if they've changed) I'll organise to have them updated at the pro shop before Sunday.

$23 and they accept Cash or Credit Cards for payment.

Jono
25th April 2005, 09:53 AM
And the tee times are:

7.50am
Amanda
Tony
Fishy
Pete

7.58am
Brad
Trung
John Oh
Jim

Amanda, if it's not too much trouble, would you put me in the same group as Pete? Not that I'm attracted to Pete or anything ... I'm attracted to his new set of irons ... :wink: Who knows? If he's going well in his matchplay, he might let me take a few swings with them. :wink:

Oh, again, if not too much trouble, can you put me in the same group as Fishy? I want to give him a practice match ... How about it Dan? Care to take on the "Doc"? :lol:

BTW, my current handicap is 9.

3oneday
25th April 2005, 12:20 PM
Not that I'm attracted to Pete or anything ... :wink:

Trung
25th April 2005, 03:01 PM
I'm attracted to Pete... I'm attracted to his(_________ ) .... ...  :wink:   Who knows? If he's going well in his matchplay, he might let me take a few swings with them.  :wink:

:shock: swing with what Jono? :twisted:

amanda
25th April 2005, 03:47 PM
Jono - Pete and Fishy are already playing matchplay. I will see what I can do about changing the groups. Can you please PM me your current handicap?

Jono
25th April 2005, 03:55 PM
Jono - Pete and Fishy are already playing matchplay.  I will see what I can do about changing the groups.  Can you please PM me your current handicap?

I think Pete is going to play TS in their second round match ... and I don't think Pete would want to take on both Tony and Dan at once ... :wink:

Anyway, I just wanted to have a close look at Pete's MP32's ... (No, Trung ... you can't partially quote this sentence ... :wink: ) If you can't get us in the same group, I'll just sneak a 6 iron out of his bag before we tee off ... :twisted:

BTW, I'm off 9.

amanda
25th April 2005, 03:56 PM
Pete / Tony - can one of you please confirm or disconfirm with me regarding your matchplay?
Ta

3oneday
25th April 2005, 04:24 PM
Amanda,

Yes, bugger Fishguts :P , i'm playing TS in our 2nd round match. My handicap is 5.

Pete

TS
25th April 2005, 04:58 PM
Pete / Tony - can one of you please confirm or disconfirm with me regarding your matchplay?
Ta

Hi Amanda

Yes, I will be playing Pete on Sunday. Will be taking the rest of the week off work and practice everyday so I will have a chance. I am jealous of the MP32.

Trung
25th April 2005, 07:38 PM
Yes, I will be playing Pete on Sunday. Will be taking the rest of the week off work and practice everyday so I will have a chance. I am jealous of the MP32.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fishman Dan
25th April 2005, 09:12 PM
So it's Trung vs Brad  8)

Hes a local New Brighton member so I'm already fighting an uphill battle  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: .
Come on Trungie - you've played and won enough money at New Brighton to know the course as well as Brad does!

And the tee times are:

7.50am
Amanda
Tony
Fishy
Pete

7.58am
Brad
Trung
John Oh
Jim

I have everyone's details in the computer - as I get updated handicaps and member details (if they've changed) I'll organise to have them updated at the pro shop before Sunday.

$23 and they accept Cash or Credit Cards for payment.

Amanda - thanks for organising. I'll PM you my Golflink details etc.

:smt023

Jono
26th April 2005, 08:33 AM
So are we on for the match or what ... FISHGUTS. :wink: It will be a good matchplay practice for you. To make it worthwhile, why don't we play for drinks?

Fishman Dan
26th April 2005, 08:41 AM
So are we on for the match or what ... FISHGUTS.  :wink:  It will be a good matchplay practice for you.  To make it worthwhile, why don't we play for drinks?

I've been away all weekend.. have i been challenged?

Sure Jono, let's rock. There's incentive to go to the range mid-week :P

Remember, about 2 minutes ago you posted complaining about my excessive handicap :lol:

amanda
26th April 2005, 08:54 AM
OK - so after fiddling for playing partner requests the groups will be....

7.50am
Amanda
Jim
Tony
Peter

7.58am
Brad
Trung
John
Dan

Jono - I want to have a local member in each group - so you'll have to play with Pete another week. If either Tony or Peter are happy to not have a local guide - please let me know and I can change Amanda/Jim with you and Fishy.

Jono
26th April 2005, 09:05 AM

7.50am
Amanda
Jim
Tony
Peter

7.58am
Brad
Trung
John
Dan

Jono - I want to have a local member in each group - so you'll have to play with Pete another week.  If either Tony or Peter are happy to not have a local guide - please let me know and I can change Amanda/Jim with you and Fishy.

Pete's a big boy ... he doesn't need a guide. :wink: TS has played NB before, so he should be fine. Go on ... put me and Fishy with TS and Pete. I NEED to get my hands on those 32's ... :wink: :lol:

amanda
26th April 2005, 09:08 AM
I was more worried about a little unfair advantage on Tony's side - as I don't think Pete has played NB before - let me PM him and then I'll decide whether to change the groups around.

TS
26th April 2005, 09:12 AM
I am not sure if Pete & I are getting a good deal here, swapping Mandy for the Doc.

Pete & I should be fine, we shouldn't be getting any outside help other than public knowledge in a match. I think the Doc is trying to get away from Trungie. It is time to see Fish's gay fade, since I am pretty good in hitting the slice myself.

3oneday
26th April 2005, 09:32 AM
I am not sure if Pete & I are getting a good deal here, swapping Mandy for the Doc.I'm with you Tony, pretty raw deal in comparison :P and....... he only wants me for my clubs.

I wanna see Fishy get beat by a member of the fairer sex.... I promise you can have a hit at the range afterwards Jono, just like T did on Sunday, 3 balls with every club.......

I am not a fan of playing a golf course blind, at least with a local present I can make informed stupid decisions :lol: , rather than uninformed ones.

Pete :D

3oneday
26th April 2005, 09:35 AM
I wanna see Fishy get beat by a member of the fairer sex.... I promise you can have a hit at the range afterwards Jono, just like T did on Sunday, 3 balls with every club.......Sorry :oops: didn't read, happy with Jim :D :D , fishguts' gay fade gets me down after a while anyway :P :lol: :lol:

Pete

Aussielongdriver
26th April 2005, 09:53 AM
Fishy,

Get plenty of practice in as my game is starting to come together after going missing for while.

Shot 1 under for my last 9 on saturday after having a lesson on Friday,
hitting 8/9 gir.

long drive swing is also coming around as i picked up 3 doz balls from across the road at Olympic park driving range after yesterday's practice.

Stephen

Fishman Dan
26th April 2005, 09:58 AM
Fishy,

Get plenty of practice in as my game is starting to come together after going missing for while.

Shot 1 under for my last 9 on saturday after having a lesson on Friday,
hitting 8/9 gir.

Don't play your game too early champ ;)

long drive swing is also coming around as i picked up 3 doz balls from across the road at Olympic park driving range after yesterday's practice.

Snap hooks over the P3 carpark don't count chief :lol:

Aussielongdriver
26th April 2005, 10:01 AM
where do you practice

Maybe we can catch up this week so I can start the intimidation early

Stephen

3oneday
26th April 2005, 10:11 AM
where do you practice you talking to Fishguts ?? practice :?: :?: you reckon he practices that powderpufffade :P :roll: :wink:

Trung
26th April 2005, 10:14 AM
I think the Doc is trying to get away from Trungie.

Spot on mate, spot on.... Beside, I don't like him either.. :wink:

Fishman Dan
26th April 2005, 10:16 AM
where do you practice

You're kidding right? :lol: Put it this way, if you don't win, i want a firm commitment from you that you will give the game away.

Maybe we can catch up this week so I can start the intimidation early

I don't know what you've got planned, but giving me 10+ shots should be intimidating enough for you.... :roll:

Aussielongdriver
26th April 2005, 10:28 AM
giving you 10+ shots shouldn't be a problem as it will more than likely take you 2 shots to get to my tee shot

Stephen

Fishman Dan
26th April 2005, 10:36 AM
giving you 10+ shots shouldn't be a problem as it will more than likely take you 2 shots to get to my tee shot

Slow and steady wins the race.....

Trung
26th April 2005, 11:25 AM

7.50am
Amanda
Jim
Tony
Peter

7.58am
Brad
Trung
John
Dan

Jono - I want to have a local member in each group - so you'll have to play with Pete another week.  If either Tony or Peter are happy to not have a local guide - please let me know and I can change Amanda/Jim with you and Fishy.

Pete's a big boy ... he doesn't need a guide.  :wink:   TS has played NB before, so he should be fine. Go on ... put me and Fishy with TS and Pete.  I NEED to get my hands on those 32's ...  :wink:   :lol:

Shudup Jono, you are an old woman in a boy's body. I'm happy with the groups from above.

ps...Amanda, I don't need you and Brad playing in the same group. Unless if you want to carry my bag  :P .

Andrew
26th April 2005, 12:23 PM
I come back from a week in Melbourne & you guys have 5 pages down already.

With sledging like that, a few of you could make the Australian cricket side.

Good stuff.

Jono
26th April 2005, 01:03 PM
Shudup Jono, you are an old woman in a boy's body. I'm happy with the groups from above.

ps...Amanda, I don't need you and Brad playing in the same group. Unless if you want to carry my bag  :P .

Trung,

a) I'm not the one who boasts granny distances.

b) I'm not the one who bitches about smell of sun block after losing a match.

So in both counts of age and sex, you fit the demographics you described much better ... 8)

jimandr
26th April 2005, 09:00 PM
I can't think of anything really smart to say in order to fit in with the boastful tone of this thread.

My game is horrible at the moment so I don't want to be humiliated by anyone in a matchplay grudge match. I'm happy to play in either group, as I haven't been in the same group as either Pete or Dan so far.

I presume from Amanda's silence on the course condition subject that the greens haven't recently been cored and sanded like mine and at Bayview. I wouldn't mind seeing some faster greens.

amanda
27th April 2005, 08:47 AM
I presume from Amanda's silence on the course condition subject that the greens haven't recently been cored and sanded like mine and at Bayview.  I wouldn't mind seeing some faster greens.
Greens were cored early April - but I played last week for 9 holes and they are recovering very nicely - they definitely mow them at NB!

Trung
27th April 2005, 08:35 PM
Amanda, what is Brad's hcp?

amanda
28th April 2005, 08:47 AM
Is on the computer at 18, but should be 19 after bayview (waiting for the card to come through)

Trung
28th April 2005, 08:12 PM
Only one game of golf for me this weekend. Party at Woy Woy tomorrow night and wont be back till Sat arvo. I should be fresh with plenty of sleep for Sunday morning.

Does N.B score card have a seperate match play index?

amanda
29th April 2005, 09:48 AM
No - but we use the same matchplay index as everyone else - I'll see if I can organise a copy.

Fishman Dan
29th April 2005, 10:26 AM
No - but we use the same matchplay index as everyone else - I'll see if I can organise a copy.

Whoever is in my group - we should just play regular 2 vs 2 stableford matchplay. We can name the kitty on the day. No need for any matchplay warmup gigs, detracts too much from the comp of the day.

Jono
29th April 2005, 12:10 PM

Whoever is in my group - we should just play regular 2 vs 2 stableford matchplay. We can name the kitty on the day. No need for any matchplay warmup gigs, detracts too much from the comp of the day.

Are you backing out from a challenge? :shock: :? :lol:

Trung and Brad will be busy concentrating on their first round match. So I think a 2ball match is out. I was looking forward to going against the Fishman, but looks like I'll have to wait for another chance ... :wink:

Fishman Dan
29th April 2005, 12:22 PM

Are you backing out from a challenge?  :shock:   :?   :lol:

Trung and Brad will be busy concentrating on their first round match.  So I think a 2ball match is out.  I was looking forward to going against the Fishman, but looks like I'll have to wait for another chance ...  :wink:

Ah, i didn't realise they were going mano e mano. No probs then Jono, we'll have a crack at it. Your cash is as good as anyones ;) :P

3oneday
30th April 2005, 04:28 PM
Guys,

Is there a range of some description available at NB ??? this will determine arrival time Jono :wink: :wink: 7am if a range, 7.30am if not. if there is one, is it BYO pills ??

Pete :D

Onewood
30th April 2005, 05:36 PM

Junior AndyP, :roll: now see what you've done AP, you've brain washed the BLUES :D

3oneday, there is free range ball's between 6am and 6.30am :wink:

jimandr
30th April 2005, 05:41 PM
Guys

Amanda is the best judge of this, but I think there is a practice area of sorts between the 8th and 9th fairways.

I have a feeling it is not full length, perhaps 170m long.

Almost certain it is BYO.

amanda
30th April 2005, 05:52 PM
There is a very average practice fairway - only about 200m long - BYO golf balls. It's about 100m away from the pro shop area.

There are also 2 practice nets much closer - to the right of the practice putting/chipping green.

We should be there at 7.30am. No need to wait for us - just check in with the pro shop - everyone is booked in - you may need to update your handicap with them - double check your card to be sure.

Speirsy11
1st May 2005, 10:14 AM
Good luck and have fun everyone.........Let us know how it goes......

Speirsy

Fishman Dan
1st May 2005, 01:42 PM
Good luck and have fun everyone.........Let us know how it goes......

Speirsy

Had fun today - strange seeing as though clubs were involved. Nice course and 2 good groups.

I won't spoil the fun posting the matchplay score from the draw, but in the match that mattered - Fishman took care of Jono, 2 Up. Jono started on fire, but i got a lead out to 3 before i started to leak oil. Long and accurate off the tee, and the odd freak occurance (:roll:  :roll:  :roll:) brought him back to 1 down coming into the 17th - which we squared.

The 18th was a mere formality. I swear i could hear the precise point when Jono's heart broke - when a tricky, downhill sliding breaking putt went in dead centre for par, with a raucos gallery :)

In the comps, i had 35 (21/14) - to come third on countback behind Jim then Trung. Played 2 par 5's poorly which cost me. In the 4-ball with Jono we had 42 points, about 7th in the comp when we left, 1 shot ahead of the Jim / Pete combination. \:D/

When are we going to earn money for any 4-ball type events running in conjunction? :?

amanda
1st May 2005, 03:49 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for the late post of the scores (trying to prepare for the in-laws and Brad's siblings who are coming over for dinner) - they are by forum name as per Blakey's instructions for POTY.

Jimandr 35
Trung 35
Fisherman Dan 35
3oneday 30
Jono 29
TS 26
amanda 21
brad 18

I had a shocker - 3 points in the first 6 holes - but played well on the back. Just got to learn how to chip/pitch! I'm pretty hopeless at judging the distance. I outdrove the guys on 2 holes and had 1 par and 1 almost chip-in.

Thanks to Pete, Jim and Tony for a fun day!

Speirsy11
1st May 2005, 04:47 PM
Big win Dan....Looking good going into next week's big match.....

BTW, who wuld you play in round two if you win next week? 8)

Going by the stableford scores posted by Amanda, I think I know who won the Trung/Brad match........

Speirsy

Trung
1st May 2005, 05:03 PM
I think I know who won the Trung/Brad match........
Speirsy

6 and 5

Poor bloke, I caught him on a bad day. I started well and Brad did the opposite. Was even par after 5 holes and 4 up in match play.

Lost the 7th with a double, won 8th and 9th to turn 6 up.

Brad got one back on the 10th
All Sqr on the 11th
I got him on the 12th
All Sqr on 13th and the match was officially over.

As for the Fish and Jono..  

Jono started well early, the Fish hung around eventually got in front. The match was tight. I think 9 shots was too much to give away for Jono.

ps. Jono was lucky to still be in the match on the 16th green. But then again, maybe it happened so the match can be decided on the 18th in front of everyone  :wink:

Thanks for the game Brad, Jono & Fish. We will have to do it another time.  8)

Fishman Dan
1st May 2005, 06:06 PM
Big win Dan....Looking good going into next week's big match.....

BTW, who wuld you play in round two if you win next week? 8)

Going by the stableford scores posted by Amanda, I think I know who won the Trung/Brad match........

Speirsy

Not sure mate. But he'd want to be on his game or he might get a shock from a chopper ;)

jimandr
1st May 2005, 07:30 PM
I don't really feel that I'm a deserving winner, but I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em :D

Had there been a leaderboard, the TV audience would've seen a big late effort to come from the clouds.

I was three down after the 16th, and I understand Trung and Dan, both in the following group, were much better than that.

Obviously my good tee shot and even better putt for birdie 2 and four points on 17 brought me back into contention, then an ordinary drive and a poor second from a horrible lie made it look bad, but I somehow hit a great shot from 40 metres short to tap in range on the last to hold on, then win on countback. :wink:

Amanda had a shocker, but amazed me with her positive attitude and obvious enjoyment whenever she hit a good shot, and Pete and Tony were great company.

A special mention to the bacon and egg roll from the meal cart at the 4th. Not quite as good as The Vintage, but a pretty close second.

Jono
1st May 2005, 08:15 PM
Fishman took care of Jono, 2 Up. Jono started on fire, but i got a lead out to 3 before i started to leak oil. Long and accurate off the tee, and the odd freak occurance (:roll:  :roll:  :roll:) brought him back to 1 down coming into the 17th - which we squared.

That shows how much attention you were paying to this match ... You were 4 up at one stage.  I must admit, I was very lucky to get away with a win on the 16th (no need for details ...  :wink:  ) which left me 1 down with 2 to play.  Fishie had a 3 meter downhill putt on the 17th for the win and left it short by 2 inches (dead in the middle).  So standing in 18th tee 1 down, I blocked my drive out to the right into the trees and struggled from there.  Fishie holed a monster for par but I think it was game over long before that ...  :lol:

I was very impressed with Fishie's short game, especially his chipping.  He had numerous tap-ins after his signature one hop-spin-and slight release chip shots.  You gotta teach me how to do those ...  :wink:

The big difference in Fishie's game from the Vintage day was that he hit the ball much straighter ... Kept things in play and was deadly around the greens ... added to that his 18 handicap (burgler ...  :wink:  ) ... tough combination to beat.   8)

Trung was consistent as usual.  Chose and executed his shots well and got the job done.  Brad had a bad day (golf-wise that is) and the matchplay result pretty much reflected it.

Poor bloke, I caught him on a bad day. I started well and Brad did the opposite.

Hang on, hang on.  Is this discrimination or what?  I get beaten by Pete with the same score and you give me Crap (with a capital C) and you're playing Mr Niceguy with Brad?   :evil:    :lol:

Was even par after 5 holes and 4 up in match play.
Lost the 7th with a double, won 8th and 9th to turn 6 up.
Brad got one back on the 10th
All Sqr on the 11th
I got him on the 12th
All Sqr on 13th and the match was officially over.

Mate, when I asked you how your match was going, you said you weren't counting the score.  Something about "I'm just focussing on my game, Jono".  :wink:

All in all, a very enjoyable day.  Thanks for inviting us out Amanda.  I got to test out my brand new R7 ... Had little bit of trouble controlling this baby, but she showed some potential.  Definite keeper. (says the Ho ...  :wink:  )

Trung
1st May 2005, 08:45 PM
Poor bloke, I caught him on a bad day. I started well and Brad did the opposite.

Hang on, hang on.  Is this discrimination or what?  I get beaten by Pete with the same score and you give me Crap (with a capital C) and you're playing Mr Niceguy with Brad?   :evil:    :lol:

Firstly, Brad is not on the forum so there is no need to take it further.

Secondly, I nicknamed you "The Duffer" after multiple duffed chips at The Vintage.... and true to my word..... you did it again on the 18th in front of all the spectators.

Was it pressure? :wink: