PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Woodford GC, Saturday July 17, 12pm

AndyP
17th June 2010, 09:07 AM
As discussed in the Horton Park Open thread, some of us will play a round on the afternoon before.

CobraSS has told us that there is an open stroke competition at Woodford with a shotgun start at 12pm (and 7am) and a cost of $15 for visitors. Sounds good to me.

Scores

1. Nudgee 82 nett 72
1. Rusty 85 nett 72
3. Eag's 84 nett 73
4. CobraSS 82 nett 74
5. AndyP 87 nett 75
6. PeteyD 94 nett 77
7. markTHEblake 85 nett 81

markTHEblake
18th June 2010, 05:21 PM
1. AndyP
2. PeteyD
3. MarkyB

Eag's
18th June 2010, 05:52 PM
1. AndyP
2. PeteyD
3. MarkyB
4. Eag's

Jarro
18th June 2010, 07:29 PM
1. AndyP
2. PeteyD
3. MarkyB
4. Eag's
5. jarro (pencil)

Ned
18th June 2010, 08:04 PM
1. AndyP
2. PeteyD
3. MarkyB
4. Eag's
5. jarro (pencil)

:mrgreen:

CobraSS
18th June 2010, 09:18 PM
1. AndyP
2. PeteyD
3. MarkyB
4. Eag's
5. jarro (pencil)
6. CobraSS
:-)

Rusty
19th June 2010, 10:34 AM
beauty, nice track Woodford.

1. AndyP
2. PeteyD
3. MarkyB
4. Eag's
5. jarro (pencil)
6. CobraSS
7. Rusty

CobraSS
1st July 2010, 04:42 PM
I should be able to get at the timesheet for this on Friday or Saturday, so any more playing, anybody pulling the pin?

AndyP
1st July 2010, 05:35 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Cobra.

CobraSS
7th July 2010, 01:31 PM
booked 7 places, off the 1st, groups 1A and 1B

Eag's
7th July 2010, 02:11 PM
Sounds good, it's been to long between games for myself at Woodford :)

PeteyD
7th July 2010, 02:26 PM
Yea long long time. Should be mucho fun.

Jarro
7th July 2010, 02:34 PM
1. AndyP
2. PeteyD
3. MarkyB
4. Eag's
5. CobraSS
6. Rusty

Sorry chaps .... i'm out ..... got my work roster this morning and i'm working that Saturday :(

nudgee
7th July 2010, 04:38 PM
Gents count me in for this one.

Can I be in PeteyD's group, please.

CobraSS
7th July 2010, 06:53 PM
J Alonso isn't it?

nudgee
8th July 2010, 04:49 AM
Correcto

Thanks cobra

PeteyD
8th July 2010, 08:44 AM
You want me to bring the Legacy heads for you to drool over? err look at?

nudgee
8th July 2010, 11:12 AM
nah mate, I will bring my Japanese Forged Burner irons for YOU to drool over though.

See ya then.

PeteyD
8th July 2010, 07:47 PM
Bugga!

markTHEblake
13th July 2010, 12:06 AM
Oh crap, i havent figured out where i am sleeping sat night yet? isnt there a real cheap bed and breakfast out at woodford?

CobraSS
13th July 2010, 01:36 PM
One at D'Aguilar

Cosy Dutch Retreat D'Aguilar Bed & Breakfast
CONTACT DETAILS
Phone: 07 5496 4848
Email: retreat64@bigpond.com.au

Check-in: 12:00pm Check-out: 10:00am
Reception Hours: Open 24 hours, seven days a week.

RATE INFORMATION
Rate From: $80.00 Rate To: $120.00
Rate Basis: Room and Light Breakfast

and one at Woodford

http://www.storeybrook.com.au/bookings.html

sms316
13th July 2010, 02:24 PM
Oh crap, i havent figured out where i am sleeping sat night yet? isnt there a real cheap bed and breakfast out at woodford?

Merryl from the bar @ HP has a spare bed. :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
13th July 2010, 10:09 PM
I dont know him. doesnt sound like I want to!
(simply cos you suggested it, and i know you are a cad)

AndyP
14th July 2010, 04:51 PM
Cobra, are the groups set on the timesheet or do I need to work them out?

1. AndyP
2. PeteyD
3. MarkyB
4. Eag's
5. CobraSS
6. Rusty

CobraSS
14th July 2010, 05:32 PM
I have already put everybodies names down but change them if you want, no problem, and you had better put the Nudgee in your draw. (he requested to be in PeteyD's group)

As we have 7, the group of three will go first, if no-one else put's there hand up to play tonight to give us 8, i will release the reserved spot, the group of 3 may get a local put in their group if a single is looking for a game.

AndyP
14th July 2010, 07:33 PM
you had better put the Nudgee in your draw. (he requested to be in PeteyD's group)
WTF? The draw will be random, like every OZgolf round.

12:00pm, 1st Tee

Group 1A
MarkyB
CobraSS
Rusty

Group 1B
Eag's
PeteyD
AndyP
Nudgee

markTHEblake
14th July 2010, 08:19 PM
oh crap, i always get drawn with Cobra and Rusty. Then again Petey, Andy and Nudgee too, so not much choice.

Eag's, played with him once, didnt enjoy it at all.

nudgee
15th July 2010, 10:45 AM
I am happy with the groupings although if someone is upset about the "non randomness" of the draw and cannot sleep well at night considering that one of Oz Golf rules has been broken then I am happy for the groups to be "random'ised"

Eag's
15th July 2010, 11:30 AM
Groups are fine as they are thanks.

Rusty
15th July 2010, 11:59 AM
ah, come on Blakey, i'm your lucky charm - witnessed that subpar round at Nudgee South a while back. get ready for another good round.

markTHEblake
15th July 2010, 07:51 PM
I reckon my lucky charm is Jarro, he played that day too, i have never had a bad round with him around

PeteyD
15th July 2010, 08:00 PM
I need a lift to Mooloolaba (Mountain Creek) after the game. Any takers?

markTHEblake
15th July 2010, 08:13 PM
I'll take you, I am going to Palmwoods, the direct route is a bit dodgy for me old ute, so I might head towards the highway as google maps tells me its 10 k's more but almost the same time, so mountain creek is not that much out of the way.

But bring something to cover the clubs, as it will just be in the open tray in back of ute.

markTHEblake
15th July 2010, 08:21 PM
CobraSS, is that actually a road or has google maps taken liberty with bush tracks again!

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6854/screenshotwoodfordgolfc.png

PeteyD
15th July 2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks Blakey. If someone has a car instead of a ute I might reneg on that though!

CobraSS
15th July 2010, 09:24 PM
That is a forrestry track Blakey (the main forrestry track/dirt road), sometimes it is okay if you have a 4wd, but most of the time it has patches of bad corrugations. Seriously unless you want to shake your car to bits, give it a miss. Either go back via Peachester-Beerwah on the Kilcoy Beerwah rd in yellow, or go back to Caboolture from woodford and get back on the highway.

AndyP
15th July 2010, 10:02 PM
I need a lift to Mooloolaba (Mountain Creek) after the game. Any takers?You don't need a lift there anymore? Are you getting dropped off there on the way up from home? As already mentioned earlier, I'm your man for a lift, as I'll be going to/from Moorooraba.

That is a forrestry track Blakey (the main forrestry track/dirt road), It's fine to run on though. Via Peachester is the way to go, as long as it isn't during the Hippie folk festival or Splendour In The Grass.

Cobra, what are your thoughts on using Roys Rd from the highway instead of using the main Steve Irwin Way to get across the Beerwah? It always seems slow, especially with roadworks.

PeteyD
15th July 2010, 10:06 PM
thanks AP. I am getting dropped there now as our plans have changed slightly.

Thanks for the offer Blakey, but I'll take AP up, and it is not really out of his way much.

markTHEblake
15th July 2010, 10:09 PM
I am deeply hurt.

AndyP
15th July 2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the offer Blakey, but I'll take AP up, and it is not really out of his way much.Very little.

We are heading up on Friday night now, and we're not telling Mitchell that he is missing a session of Auskick (after having the last two off for school holidays). Oops, selfish me.

CobraSS
16th July 2010, 09:09 PM
Cobra, what are your thoughts on using Roys Rd from the highway instead of using the main Steve Irwin Way to get across the Beerwah? It always seems slow, especially with roadworks.

I have never used Roy's Rd, so not sure, but I think most of the roadworks on Steve Irwin Way are done and dusted.

nudgee
17th July 2010, 06:55 PM
It was good to play another round at woodford - I really like the course as it is a fantastic track with lots of great holes that get you thinking about where to attempt to land the ball. The greens were freakking fast, fastest I have played in a long time!!!! I had 6x3 putts and even 1x4putt - just amazing speed.

Many thanks to my playing partners Eags, PeteyD and AP who had a triple, birdie, birdie finish - the golf was not bad but our collective putting was really bad!.

Eag's
17th July 2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the game today Nudgee, PeteyD & AP, your company was tops.
Woodford was in great shape today and the greens were bloody fast :shock:
Cheers to CobraSS for organising the day :smt023

CobraSS
17th July 2010, 07:34 PM
No problem guys, thanks for coming.

PeteyD
17th July 2010, 07:57 PM
Excellent course and excellent company. Great day all round.

AndyP
17th July 2010, 09:43 PM
We had beautiful weather for our round at Woodford today. It's a nice course with a good mix of holes, but the real test today was on the greens. They were fast, which is fine by itself, but the pins were in nasty positions quite often. There were many three putts (and even four putts) in our group, and you could not afford to miss a green above the hole. No special scores in our lot, but they were thereabouts.

1. Nudgee 82 nett 72 (on countback)
2. Rusty 85 nett 72
3. Eag's 84 nett 73
4. CobraSS 82 nett 74
5. AndyP 87 nett 75
6. PeteyD 94 nett 77
7. markTHEblake 85 nett 81

Well done to Nudg on playing to his handicap (although ACR may be one or two below), despite some terrible putting. Many of us walked off the 18th wondering what could have been if not for the amount of putts we had.

Cheers for the round today Rich, Jamie and Pete. I enjoyed it most of the time.

An NTP for me on the 7th (and only just getting the par on the nastiest pin position on the course), and maybe Blakey got one too (?). I tried to steal the NTP on the 18th too, but apparently it is only awarded to C graders (which I feel like sometimes). Apparently I'm an A grader. HA!

Edit: ACR of 70. What a crock! Bring back CCR!!!!

markTHEblake
18th July 2010, 11:31 PM
Next time we play at Woodford, can someone publish a list of where not to hit the ball? Or i could just draw up a map of where I went, that might cover it.
Lets start with #1, dont layup into the the pond. :roll:

There were many three putts (and even four putts) in our groupTechnically i only had a 3 putt on that bitch of a 7th, but according to the 'effective AP method' it was a 5 putt. And whoever said that the 4th putt in golf is easy, is a damn liar, it was a hellava lot longer putt than the third one.

and maybe Blakey got one too (?)Yep, got a 6 pack of pure Gold for the 3rd. But I got a golf ball as well, I guess it must have been a ball in rundown.

AndyP
19th July 2010, 11:43 AM
Updated for POTY.

I got 7 Srixon Soft-Feel balls for my NTP.

PeteyD
19th July 2010, 11:47 AM
What was wrong with 7? 1 putt straight in you nancies. Pity about the first tee shot OOB though :(

AndyP
19th July 2010, 12:01 PM
The second tee shot was sooooo much better, Petey.

PeteyD
19th July 2010, 12:02 PM
At least it was in play and not in the carpark :D

CobraSS
19th July 2010, 02:06 PM
Next time we play at Woodford, can someone publish a list of where not to hit the ball? Or i could just draw up a map of where I went, that might cover it.
Lets start with #1, dont layup into the the pond. :roll:

Technically i only had a 3 putt on that bitch of a 7th, but according to the 'effective AP method' it was a 5 putt. And whoever said that the 4th putt in golf is easy, is a damn liar, it was a hellava lot longer putt than the third one.

Yep, got a 6 pack of pure Gold for the 3rd. But I got a golf ball as well, I guess it must have been a ball in rundown.

The six-pack, cooler bag and ball were for the NTP, the event was sponsored by XXXX, so that is part of what we given for all the days prizes, we just divvyed them up for the winners, r/ups in a,b,c grade and the ladies, and the NTP's and long drives.

AP won a pro-pin which is a separate comp run by the pro-shop, we have one for each grade A on 7th, B on 9th and C on 18th. Mainly because the b and c graders, a couple of years ago had a whinge that the pro-pin prize was always won by an A grader.

markTHEblake
19th July 2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks, thought it was odd to get just one ball with the beer.

Rusty
20th July 2010, 09:29 AM
thanks for organising Cobra, and the game Cobra, Blakey and Andrew (local). gee Blakey gets around - the local in our group, a copper who plays off 2, it turns out went with Blakey and another mate to watch some local golf about 6-7 years ago. small world.

i like thinking, plotting my way around Woodford. i don't get there enough. somethings to watch out for - the hazard left coming in to play at 160m out on the 429m par 4 5th, that tee shots feed into. i reckon the branches on the left of that fairway tree right should go, if not the whole tree. yes, that 7th green is very tough, as Blakey said. we got to watch to Cobra and Andrew lag a good putt each on the first, to help get a feel for the putting.

Cobra, feel free to let us know when there're "big" days on at Woodford.

markTHEblake
20th July 2010, 08:46 PM
small world.Your telling me! - on Saturday night I find out that my two mates that I visit/sleepover most times i visit there, one a Maroochydore lifer, the other an old crony from Darwin, have worked with each other for 10 years.

Ferrins
17th June 2011, 07:00 PM
nah mate, I will bring my Japanese Forged Burner irons for YOU to drool over though.

See ya then.

You still playing these, would be interested if you ever decide to move them on.