PDA

View Full Version : Long weekend in brisbane

peter_rs
18th April 2005, 10:22 AM
Ok Guys,

I'm playing Gailes Golf Club with hackers 7:15am Sunday, any takers welcome.

I'm also thinking of playing somewhere on sat, maybe in comp. Anyone interested?

markTHEblake
18th April 2005, 12:02 PM
I'll take those odds 69. Put me down for $25

1. Golfer69
2. Blake

AndyP
19th April 2005, 04:19 PM
Peter, I'll be playing Hackers, and A-Lo will be joining me.

Jarro
19th April 2005, 04:28 PM

i might join you.

any spots left :?:

AndyP
19th April 2005, 04:31 PM

i might join you.

any spots left :?:
No bookings required, as the social group books a block of tee times.
We just turn up. :)

peter_rs
19th April 2005, 04:43 PM
Ur more then welcome Jarro. Its a fun day out.

Jarro
19th April 2005, 04:53 PM

hey thanks Peter :D

my only problem being, i finish my nightshift at 1am, and i live 1hour away from gailes .... so i'm not gonna get much sleep :roll:

peter_rs
19th April 2005, 04:56 PM

my only problem being, i finish my nightshift at 1am, and i live 1hour away from gailes .... so i'm not gonna get much sleep :roll:

Thanks ok stay up all night and drink at home- it work for me was week- since I played so well on sat. :lol:

vodka and red bull.

Jarro
19th April 2005, 05:07 PM

Thanks ok stay up all night and drink at home- it work for me was week- since I played so well on sat. :lol:

vodka and red bull.

mate, i WORK till 1am ..... not drinking piss :(

peter_rs
19th April 2005, 05:21 PM

vodka and red bull.

mate, i WORK till 1am ..... not drinking p%ss :(

The drinking piss was instead of sleeping :D after u finish work.

If I see you there- I see you there.

macleod
19th April 2005, 08:25 PM
this sounds good, standard comp fee?

AndyP
19th April 2005, 08:27 PM
this sounds good, standard comp fee?
Nope, social fees minus group discount. Usually about $25 at Gailes.

macleod
19th April 2005, 09:24 PM
ah i see, bit much unfortunately. have a great day everyone though!

AndyP
21st April 2005, 03:35 PM
Iain will be playing too. 8)

peter_rs
22nd April 2005, 08:44 AM
I had part of an ingrown toe nail ripped out last night...size of a finger nail.... to bad the local didn't work. The podiatrist gave up and is sending me to get it done under general.

Should make walking fun :oops:

Cool its about time I had another game with Iain.

AndyP
24th April 2005, 04:12 PM
Noone set the course on fire today, although some of us looked good in patches.
Gailes wasn't in fantastic condition, and the greens were a little sandy. A couple were quite shaggy as well. But I always enjoy the challenge of the course.
And it was good to see prizes on every hole. Lots of grog on offer as prizes on this occasion.

It was interesting to finally see Peter_Rs's bad course management in action. And it is bad. :P Don't know what is going through that lad's head sometimes.
Although he did play one killer shot. Driver, 30 degrees right, hard and fast, head height. Some poor old guy was lucky not to be in hospital. Closest I've been to seeing someone die on the golf course. :shock:
- Peter_Rs 104/82 (was actually nett 84 using the Hackers Social Group h/cap).

Even though Iain had a shocker of a day (shank, shank and more shanks), he still managed to clean up with prizes. Four bottles of wine for two NTPs (which were on 16 of 18 holes). One of them after an eagle putt just slid by on the 2nd.
- Iain 102/88

Even A-Lo got a couple of bottles of wine (I'm pretty sure I saw him drinking from one of the bottles on his way off the course), for his NTP on the 1st (our 10th). From memory, he played a nice solid patch of pars or bogeys in the middle of the round, but played all over the place otherwise.
- AndyLo 107/80

The only prize I got was a bottle of wine as a wildcard prize (as did Pete). I think they felt sorry for us because of all the wine on our table that we wouldn't be drinking.
I also played A-Lo in matchplay during the round and won 5 and 3. Was happy to get a couple of putts in when holes were up for grabs.
Wasn't a bad match, I think A-Lo was a little unlucky to have his good patch when he wasn't getting shots on a couple of holes. Or perhaps it was because of my "mental toughness".
- AndyP 90/77

Thanks for the day guys.

PS Next Hackers round is at Parkwood GC on May 29, which unfortunately clashes with our Bribie Island round.

terryand
24th April 2005, 05:14 PM
AP, you can take that as a victory if you like.

Must feel a  bit hollow though, taking on poor ol A-Lo after I had softened him up in his maiden matchplay outing.

Altough its good to see you getting some practise in taking on the hardened matchplay giants of Ozgolf :shock: (sorry A-Lo,no disrespect ) :wink:

Terry.

AndyP
24th April 2005, 05:27 PM
Regardless of whether I take it as a victory or not, it still wasn't a loss.

Altough its good to see you getting some practise in taking on the hardened matchplay giants of Ozgolf :shock: (sorry A-Lo) :wink:
Remind me what 69ers matchplay creds are. :-k

terryand
24th April 2005, 05:38 PM
Regardless of whether I take it as a victory or not, it still wasn't a loss.

Altough its good to see you getting some practise in taking on the hardened matchplay giants of Ozgolf :shock: (sorry A-Lo) :wink:
Remind me what 69ers matchplay creds are.  :-k

I think he might have 1 or 2 more matchplay games under his belt than A-Lo,plus he always seems to be taking on the "Matchplay King of Emmy Lakes" in a personal battles 8)

Terry.

terryand
25th April 2005, 01:07 PM
Plus I forgot to mention that when you mention the words "bet,wager or punt". 69er's eyes glaze over and he turns into this green eyed bookies' monster,willing to sacrifice his first born for the thrill of winning a side bet :shock:

Terry.

markTHEblake
25th April 2005, 01:34 PM
yep, thats more like it.

peter_rs
26th April 2005, 08:57 AM
In my defence I wil say I was over the day after blocking my first two drives right and two shanks in the first two holes, the 3rd drive was the killer. :oops: I wanted to walk off. But thanks to the guys for puting shit on me (shazza & Iain).

It was a nice day, to bad about the golf.

It was a very bad day for the driver, first for a long time.

AndyP any feedback welcome in the "On course lesson" thread.

p.s I didn't kill anyone at river lakes on monday.

Jarro
26th April 2005, 09:42 AM
The problems with my side bet with Tez on Saturday is that i'm like those champion racehourses Lonhro and Octagonal. I don't like winning by huge margins....just enough to win. So when I only need doubles and triples to win holes, thats all I do. Unfortunately it buggered my stroke score. :oops:

.. so in other words you fall over the line :roll:

that 10 on the par 3 was all part of the plan was it :wink:

Jarro
26th April 2005, 10:55 AM
anyone have a game planned for next monday 2nd :?: :?:

AndyP
26th April 2005, 10:58 AM
anyone have a game planned for next monday 2nd  :?:  :?:
No, but thinking about one for the Sunday.

Jarro
26th April 2005, 11:11 AM

where abouts :?: :?: Beerwah :wink:

AndyP
26th April 2005, 11:15 AM

where abouts  :?:  :?:  Beerwah  :wink:
Too far North. I was thinking maybe Redcliffe.

I did have this weekend pencilled in as a weekend off golf, but my brother (who lives on the Sunny Coast) has a Sunday off, which is a rarity. If I decide to play golf, I would be thinking somewhere about half way, hence Redcliffe.

Jarro
26th April 2005, 11:19 AM

where abouts  :?:  :?:  Beerwah  :wink:
Too far North.  I was thinking maybe Redcliffe.

I did have this weekend pencilled in as a weekend off golf, but my brother (who lives on the Sunny Coast) has a Sunday off, which is a rarity.  If I decide to play golf, I would be thinking somewhere about half way, hence Redcliffe.

if you need to make up numbers for Redcliffe ... put me down 8)

peter_rs
26th April 2005, 03:41 PM
AndyP & Jarro,

If you can put up with me I maybe up for a game.

AndyP
26th April 2005, 04:27 PM
Started thread for a Sunday game here:

http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2007

terryand
26th April 2005, 05:04 PM
The problems with my side bet with Tez on Saturday is that i'm like those champion racehourses Lonhro and Octagonal. I don't like winning by huge margins....just enough to win. So when I only need doubles and triples to win holes, thats all I do. Unfortunately it buggered my stroke score. :oops:

.. so in other words you fall over the line  :roll:

that 10 on the par 3 was all part of the plan was it  :wink:

Certainly was in the plan.

Was 1 up after that hole,thinkin thia is way too easy......goooooooooooone :oops: Don't tink I won another hole till after the game was over.

Terry.

markTHEblake
26th April 2005, 06:39 PM
So when I only need doubles and triples to win holes, thats all I do. Unfortunately it buggered my stroke score. :oops:

it also buggared up the stroke round bet with me, which hurt you more, tahn you care to admit

I seem to remember a quote 24 hours earlier "i am going to have to smash you".

I was going to give you the option to play matchplay, but then again the 3 two shot wins you had on the first few holes cancelled out the 10 anyway so i still would have smashed you.