PDA

View Full Version : NSW Round #1 matches one week left!!!!

Speirsy11
17th April 2005, 08:37 PM
Guys, we need the round one matches finished by the end of next week.....

Dan Vs ALD
Trung Vs Big Al (?)
Zipptop Vs TS

We agreed on the 23rd as the play by date, so I hope you guys can get it done......If not, we'll have to take alternate measures to find a winner.....

Sound good to everyone?

Speirsy

Trung
17th April 2005, 08:40 PM
Dan Vs ALD (is scheduled for 8th May)
TS vs Zipptop (not sure)
Trung vs Phantom AL..... you better toss that coin now :wink:

Speirsy11
17th April 2005, 08:43 PM
May 8th? Seriously? At this rate, it'll be Dec before we get a winner......

Congrats on your first round victory Trung........

TS? Zippy? ANy word on when you'll get it done?

Speirsy

Trung
17th April 2005, 08:50 PM

Speirsy

I think you just want this title so bad...

I don't want a BYE.. I want to play someone.. if not Big AL, then a lucky loser from the NSW division..

ps... I will get to pick how the luckly loser is selected.

Grunt
17th April 2005, 08:57 PM
Repecharge I like that Idea,

jimandr
17th April 2005, 08:59 PM
I know ALD and Fishman Dan have been making an effort to get their game played, so we should give them the extended time.

We probably should give Zipp and TS the same deadline. After speaking to Tony last week at Bayview I know he has made an effort, so if the game hasn't happened by May 8 I say we declare a forfeit unless Geoff can raise a very good argument. My recollection is that Zipptopp wasn't confident of his availability at the start (sorry Geoff :roll: ).

If Trung was feeling generous, he could offer the reserve spot to Brad. Amanda probably would like one member of the family involved, and I think Brad's availability is better than it was (but his play apparently wasn't at Bayview).

Just my thoughts.

Speirsy11
17th April 2005, 08:59 PM

Speirsy

I don't want a BYE.. I want to play someone.. if not Big AL, then a lucky loser from the NSW division..

I just want SOMEONE to get the title sooner then later.....I played in a thing like this before, and without a strict play by date, it never gets done, people lose interest, and it's done......

You played one of the losers today :wink: does this mean Jono is back in? :lol:

Trung
17th April 2005, 09:04 PM

Speirsy

I just want SOMEONE to get the title sooner then later.....I played in a thing like this before, and without a strict play by date, it never gets done, people lose interest, and it's done......

Stop using my quote. I said it first :twisted:

Speirsy11
17th April 2005, 09:13 PM

Speirsy

Stop using my quote. I said it first :twisted:

Oops........... :oops:

Fishman Dan
17th April 2005, 09:34 PM
Question - why is our round 1 date a month earlier than QLD - and the toads have double the competitors?

ALD and I have gone to lengths to get this done but we don't have free weekends week after week, as has been the case for a month now. I am still not keen to play him on his home track (Liverpool) but whatever gives i guess.

3oneday
18th April 2005, 04:59 AM
Question - why is our round 1 date a month earlier than QLD - and the toads have double the competitors?as much as I hate agreeing with Dan :smt019 I always thought it was end of May for round 1, with the whole job due for completion in November.

Kick that one around boys. Dan, it won't happen again mate :oops: :smt014

Pete

Speirsy11
18th April 2005, 07:56 AM
I just thought it would be good if we got this done asap and moved on....Maybe a OzGolf TEAM event? Foursomes or something, rather then drag this on until November. If we get this done quickly, as we only have 16 players, we can maybe get something else going after so everyone who has been eliminated from the Match Play can get back into the spirit with a new comp.......Maybe a OzGolf 36 hole event held in Sydney over a weekend, just something else.....

Just a thought

Speirsy

TS
18th April 2005, 08:21 AM

Speirsy

Zip & I have a game booked at Gordon on Apr 23.

TS

Speirsy11
18th April 2005, 09:18 AM

Speirsy

Zip & I have a game booked at Gordon on Apr 23.

TS

Cool

Good luck and play well.

amanda
18th April 2005, 09:20 AM
I am still not keen to play him on his home track (Liverpool) but whatever gives i guess.

Fishy - ALD asked me to host at New Brighton on Sunday 8th of May - tee time will be around the 8am mark so we can celebrate Mum's Day.

Let me know if you want to play a practice round beforehand

Fishman Dan
18th April 2005, 09:46 AM
I am still not keen to play him on his home track (Liverpool) but whatever gives i guess.

Fishy - ALD asked me to host at New Brighton on Sunday 8th of May - tee time will be around the 8am mark so we can celebrate Mum's Day.

Let me know if you want to play a practice round beforehand

Amanda - thanks for that. I was going to call them later today to check how far in advance we can book. Do we need to have a local member in our group, or do NB host open comps? Apart from that, i'm very keen if we can arrange a game on that date on New Brighton.

I think i've got the weekend of the 1st free as well, so it might be an option if i'm allowed onto NB as a guest twice in a fortnight (i'm in Melbourne this weekend).

amanda
18th April 2005, 09:53 AM
Amanda - thanks for that. I was going to call them later today to check how far in advance we can book. Do we need to have a local member in our group, or do NB host open comps? Apart from that, i'm very keen if we can arrange a game on that date on New Brighton.

I think i've got the weekend of the 1st free as well, so it might be an option if i'm allowed onto NB as a guest twice in a fortnight (i'm in Melbourne this weekend).
It's 1 week in advance - and you don't have to have a NB member in the group - purely an open comp.

Weekend before is cool as well for a practice round - I think the open comp fee is $23. I'll book a full group of 4.