PDA

View Full Version : After a builder in Brisbane for small job

poidda
3rd June 2010, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know (or are you) a builder/handyman who'd be prepared to do a few some small jobs?

I need a couple of internal walls put up.

kpac
3rd June 2010, 03:39 PM
www.serviceseeking.com.au/

For small jobs it's close to the best website you'll find. Post it there and you'll get it done for niks in the current economy.
There's tradies all ovr SEQ with near no work - some were able to survive with the government incentives, but most are still very keen on pricing. I just had a $500 2 day paint quote drive down from the sunshine coast to the goldie to do a job. If you're doing home improvements i cannot recall a better time to get the trades.

Moe Norman
3rd June 2010, 04:16 PM
Poidda.

Give this guy a call, and tell him Thommo referred you.

Josh Anderson

He will send one of his chippies around to have a look at it.

poidda
3rd June 2010, 04:21 PM
Nice one kpac. The sight looks the business. Have logged a few jobs I need doing so will see what they come back with. I need some painting done also. you still got his number? ;)

kpac
3rd June 2010, 04:33 PM
Marcus

Good bloke - very good prices. Tell him i recommended him - that way he'll know you're after a good price as he did my joint for f'all.

poidda
23rd August 2010, 08:55 AM
Marcus

Good bloke - very good prices. Tell him i recommended him - that way he'll know you're after a good price as he did my joint for f'all.

It was just pure chance that this guy is the lad who ended up doing some prep work at our place on the weekend. Nice young lad. Always good to give a y-gener who's actually keen to do some hard work a chance. He's given us a quote to paint the whole house also. Very reasonable.

timah!
23rd August 2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info Kpac, will come in useful once we've moved into our new place!