Zeus

hanging loose and full of juice

Zeusgolf
31st May 2010, 11:54 PM
and ready for use

adlo
2nd June 2010, 10:04 PM
Adlo is out, PM sent to Bergsey.

There is a slot that needs to be filled, that's what she said.

Zeusgolf
2nd June 2010, 10:27 PM
Adlo is out, PM sent to Bergsey.

There is a slot that needs to be filled, that's what she said.

We are going to start calling you Yoss

adlo
2nd June 2010, 10:31 PM
Call me anything apart from Yoss.

Veefore
2nd June 2010, 10:51 PM
Call me anything apart from Yoss.

AdaNUFFIE?

Yossarian
2nd June 2010, 11:07 PM
Bryan Adams?

adlo
2nd June 2010, 11:07 PM
Still better.....

Golfnut
2nd June 2010, 11:20 PM
Rick Astley???

adlo
2nd June 2010, 11:24 PM
Still better

Yossarian
2nd June 2010, 11:25 PM
Someone is bitter about losing their MP...

adlo
2nd June 2010, 11:27 PM
I am happy for you, just don't want to be called Yossarian 2.

If you make the final against JC again this year (as I think JC will make the final again) I honestly wish you the best. However, I think you will lose.

Yossarian
2nd June 2010, 11:33 PM
I think i will to, i need zig to come back and give me some pointers!

You should be honoured to be called yoss.

idgolfguy
3rd June 2010, 12:13 AM
I may be able to make if no one else takes the fourth. Will have to do a bit of sweet talking.

bergsey
6th June 2010, 06:50 PM
idgolfguy is in !

adlo
7th June 2010, 07:40 PM
Scores?

Yossarian
7th June 2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks bergsey for the invite a plesure as always, yokine was in great nick, really starting to like that course! Except for the sprinklers...

Ah bergs had 38
zues 38
me 32
id?? 32 as well?

I had 23 points on the front.... :(

adlo
7th June 2010, 07:58 PM
A new trend Yoss? You seem to be a choker.....

Yossarian
7th June 2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah I dunno hey, hit a good tee shot on 10 then pushed my approach to far left OOB. 11 awful block and didn't recover to well.
12 shit drive left, punch out almost made par took bogey.
13 good drive, decent second, good wedge, just shave par putt, **** up bogey putt. Take the double.
14 great drive to 40m. Flub wedge. Flub wedge into bunker face. Wedge out plugged ball. Sprinkler goes off. Wedge on. One putt. Double.
15. Great drive to 85m. Wedge on. Gay/yoss putt. Miss next putt. take a 5.
16 8 iron into bunker. Splash out. Two putt four.
17 Debacle.
18 Played hole well. Lovely 3 putt. Gay. I suck.

adlo
7th June 2010, 08:10 PM
When the wheels fall off, the putter goes AWOL. You need to salvage a score with the flat stick when you start spraying. My 2c

Yossarian
7th June 2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah I agree, I had a lot of putts that shaved the hole for points, a couple of brain farts. I am still confused about what happened. I didn't really start hitting the ball badly, I just stopped scoring. Very annoying.

Sorry if I got a bit grumpy as well gents, it is just a game after all.

Yossarian
7th June 2010, 08:29 PM
On top of that I don't have netball to 9:30 now. FML.

Golfnut
7th June 2010, 09:15 PM
When the wheels fall off, the putter goes AWOL. You need to salvage a score with the flat stick when you start spraying. My 2c

This is the hardest thing to do for us high cappers but is the best advice.......again after you've played a few/several disasterous shots on a brain fart hole to get to the green, it can be very difficult to put those shots and that feeling out of your mind while putting to try salvage a score.

Great front 9 Yoss!!!

Never played Yokine, is it short or average???

Zeusgolf
7th June 2010, 09:39 PM
WAGC has to be one of my favorite courses.....

Thanks Bergsey for the invite...

Sorry lads for the dummy spit when my bag got soaked....

idgolfguy
7th June 2010, 10:10 PM
Enjoyed the round thanks gents. 7 GIRs and 21 putts. Sometimes you just have to accept it.

bergsey
7th June 2010, 10:19 PM
Scores in original post updated for POTY.... back to 18 woohoo

Thanks for the game gents.

Yoss you hit the ball far better than your handicap suggests, some pure iron play on the front nine. The second nine however gave us a little insight into the rest of your game!

Zeus, you won 3 balls. Will pick them up for you next time i'm down there. Overall winner was 42 points

bergsey
7th June 2010, 10:23 PM
Never played Yokine, is it short or average???

It's Par 70 so overall distance is deceiving. Some short holes but still a few par 4's around the 420m mark. Kikuyu fairways and lots of hills so you don't get as much run/bounce as somewhere like Mt Lawley.

The first hole Par3 at 220m off the tips is always fun with water down the left and OB right.

Greens were in good nick today although they get a lot faster

Yossarian
7th June 2010, 10:33 PM
Scores in original post updated for POTY.... back to 18 woohoo

The second nine however gave us a little insight into the rest of your game!

:lol:

I am still baffled as to what happened. I think i need some mental training!

Yossarian
7th June 2010, 10:39 PM
GN it is short but plays quite long as bergsey said because of the lack of roll, some clever doglegs on some of the shorter holes and bunkering ensure you can't hit too many driver wedge combos. Lovely track.

Johnny Canuck
7th June 2010, 10:47 PM
Is Golfnut short or average?

Nuffie
7th June 2010, 10:49 PM
Well played today Bergsey and Zeus with 38 pts each.

Yoss, I've had that "good nine followed by a poor nine thing" or the reversed process going on now for at least 6 months.

You don't have to remind me of how frustrating it is, you feel as though your hitting it well enough however your mental approach and wavering confidence can then lead to one poor shot, followed by another poor shot and then you put pressure on yourself in effort to hold the round together. Unless you can at some stage, forget the bad hole or shot(s), it often gets worse and not better.

It's a good reality check to focus on the routine, keep maintaining confidence always, forgetting the last shot or result in prep for the next - all these things I'm working on right now.

That's Nuffie's 2c worth

GN it is short but plays quite long as bergsey said because of the lack of roll, some clever doglegs on some of the shorter holes and bunkering ensure you can't hit too many driver wedge combos. Lovely track.

A good way to sum up WAGC Yoss, a beautiful kikuyu course and one of Perth's finest. Ranked 5th in my top-5 ever played.

The higher ranked par 4's can play long there though. I've nailed drives on these and still had woods/hybrids into those greens on occasions. The 2nd, 13th and 17th are examples if played into the wind.

adlo
7th June 2010, 11:35 PM
PM Choppa with a link to this thread Bergsey so he can update POTY.

TourFit
8th June 2010, 03:57 PM
Hit a good tee shot on 10 then pushed my approach too far left OOB.

There's why you don't know WTF is going on...

If you hit it left OOB.... IT IS A PULL... not a push, you right handed chopper !!!!!

Get your BF to show you the difference between a push & a pull...:mrgreen:

Yossarian
8th June 2010, 04:24 PM
I saw a post from fit in this thread and figured it must be some advice about choking seeing as he is probably the ozgolf expert.

Alas it was just another dig at my "chopper" swing.

Choppa
8th June 2010, 07:52 PM
Included in 2010 POTY

Nuffie
8th June 2010, 08:36 PM
There's why you don't know WTF is going on...

If you hit it left OOB.... IT IS A PULL... not a push, you right handed chopper !!!!!

Get your BF to show you the difference between a push & a pull...:mrgreen:

:D My Dad's just as hillarious, he's always pushing it left and pulling it right "all day" he reckons :)