PDA

View Full Version : Nickent 4DX Tour Spec

AP81
30th May 2010, 07:34 PM
Anyone tried one of these?

I have the 4DX evolver and the pro at the pro shop said the Tour Spec is a lot better. He reckons it has a different feel and is a lot better to hit.

Anyone agree with this?

rodders
30th May 2010, 07:41 PM
I got a 10.5 that I haven't used for ages but loved.

Teamed with a real V2 shaft in stiff. If your interested to buy I'm in Melb.

Cheers.

dhills2
30th May 2010, 07:56 PM
I've got the Tour Spec in 9* teamed up with Graf Epic... nice muted sound & it bombs. I've tried a fair few of the newer drivers at demo days but have stuck with the club... the closest I got to looking at a new driver were when I was hitting a bucket with the Wilson Smooth & the 909D3. The problem with demo days for me is stock shafts & clubs playing at 45-46in!

Give it a go... worst case you could probably sell me the head as a backup if things don't work out ;)

dhills2
30th May 2010, 07:59 PM
Deleted... thought my previous post didn't work. :)

AP81
30th May 2010, 08:21 PM
I got a 10.5 that I haven't used for ages but loved.

Teamed with a real V2 shaft in stiff. If your interested to buy I'm in Melb.

Cheers.

What condition is it in?

rodders
30th May 2010, 08:33 PM
8.5 - always look after my stuff.

grandmasterb
30th May 2010, 08:41 PM
I have the Tour and love it, probably the longest/forgiving driver I've hit but having said that the Evolver is designed on the same head just with lower spin and obviously weight system/changeable shaft.

Personally the tour is better than the evolver but horses for courses.

TheNuclearOne
30th May 2010, 09:46 PM
I've sold about 3 cheap on here. Great driver. Two of the best three players in the field used one today in our Open.

AP81
30th May 2010, 09:51 PM
Well if anyone is interested in offloading one (new or in good second hand condition) to me, send me a private message...

BTW I also play stiff shafts

Oldplayer
4th June 2010, 08:52 PM
I've got two of them. One is a 9 degree with a fuji speeder 686 in it. i bought it new with the stock ust shaft but never did like it (the shaft). The other is a 10.5 se (special edition, all black head ) with a grafalloy platinum. I agree with the other posters. A great head with a muted, solid sound and fairly forgiving. Also up there with the longest drivers I have used. I find it hard to choose between that and my 905r.