PDA

View Full Version : Women's golf....

sms316
30th May 2010, 08:21 AM
Why the hell do they do pretty much everything different to the men? Does common sense take a holiday when women's committees are involved?

Hosting pennant today and the following is going on already;

1. No GPS allowed.
2. Play in order from best to last rather than the usual way.
3. Seperate team sheets given to starter. Then they put the teams on a whiteboard. Then they finally put both teams on the result sheet which is then faxed to the BLDGA, and each club.

They are a strange breed. Hmmm... perhaps this belongs in the 19th hole. Talking about why women are weird shouldn't be confined to golf.

sms316
30th May 2010, 08:23 AM
And then there is the automatic move up system that most clubs employ on ladies day.

Playing in groups of three. If someone withdraws then a person from the following group is automatically moved up. Heaven forbid you actually play with who you put your name down with. They all whine about it yet this retarded system remains.

razaar
30th May 2010, 09:23 AM
It is much better than it used to be. In bygone years the Women's Captain in some Bris. G C's would dictate with whom new/er members played with.

matty
30th May 2010, 10:09 AM
They should have no say whatsoever in the running of golf clubs, only in their committee.

Hawkers2008
30th May 2010, 04:09 PM
Mostly its a power trip thing, they do it because they can.

As for the no GPS policy one phillosphy I have heard a few times (including in our minor pennant comp) is that not everyone has one or can afford to have one and so by excluding them everyone is equal. Its a bullshit excuse.

TheTrueReview
30th May 2010, 05:31 PM
It is much better than it used to be. In bygone years the Women's Captain in some Bris. G C's would dictate with whom new/er members played with.

Rock-hoppers. So much for attracting young girls to the sport.

shazza_rs
30th May 2010, 06:10 PM
Ladies are shite. "Couldn't organise a #$@* in a brothel" is how I would describe what goes on. On two separate occasions during the season, tee off times were changed from the original draw and therefore 2 teams were given a forfeit for the other team not being on time.

The no GPS thing is stupid. Not that it would necessarily affect my game.

Playing best first - well if you saw some of the handicaps of the later matches you can see why the "good" players go off first. Mind you looking at the result sheet today, three clubs had number 1's with handicaps of 17.

sms316
30th May 2010, 07:01 PM
Playing best first - well if you saw some of the handicaps of the later matches you can see why the "good" players go off first. Mind you looking at the result sheet today, three clubs had number 1's with handicaps of 17.
I saw the handicaps (remember the friendly announcer on the PA this morning and his dig at smokers?) and can see the logic in hindsight. Although the flip side was that those two balls playing last held up members playing in fours. Sorry to be blunt about it but some of those golfers at the bottom order don't have much of a right to play representative golf.

shazza_rs
30th May 2010, 07:04 PM
I know they don't have the right to play. I joined in thinking that it would be the better golfers that played pennant. I'm sadly mistaken. Our number 5 has a handicap of 20. The lady I was playing against at No.2 had a 20 handicap FFS. I think if they are going to persist in playing it that way, there should be graded pennant for ladies.

shazza_rs
30th May 2010, 07:05 PM
Oh and PS, if you had the "no smoking" listed as a local rule on the card I would of called my opponent for loss of a couple of holes as she was smoking on the course.

sms316
30th May 2010, 07:08 PM
I wish that I had of seen those Logan GC shirts before they hit off with their massive logos all over them. Would have made quite the spectacle if I told them all that they had to all buy new shirts.

shazza_rs
30th May 2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah, those shirts are a little uncouth. But hey, they are from Logan after all.

sms316
30th May 2010, 07:10 PM
Oh and PS, if you had the "no smoking" listed as a local rule on the card I would of called my opponent for loss of a couple of holes as she was smoking on the course.

Serious breach of etiquette. I would have called it.

Or you could have told me at half way. A shit storm would have broken out though. :mrgreen: