View Full Version : Charity Golf Day, Brookwater, Friday 15th April

BrisVegas
12th April 2005, 02:40 PM
Apologies, but it's not an open invitation. Playing this gig will be:-

1. brooky17
2. BrisVegas
3. rok
4. brooky17's mate

Just wanted to make it official, as per blakey's standing orders. For those that know brooky17, he had 44 points around Brookwater on Good Friday. Won the comp by 6. Should be off 14 or 15 now (finally!). Hope he doesn't whoop me too bad. I gotta have some self respect left for Saturday showdown with the Spaniard. 8)

nudgee
12th April 2005, 05:25 PM
BV the spaniard is physically incapacitated at the moment :cry: so no need to fear me - it will be a walkover :wink:

BrisVegas
13th April 2005, 07:41 AM
BV the spaniard is physically incapacitated at the moment :cry: so no need to fear me - it will be a walkover :wink:

Mate, we can have our game at a later date, there's no rush. I'd prefer if we were both fighting fit.

BrisVegas
18th April 2005, 11:31 AM
This thing turned out to be a 4-man ambrose.... :cry: Still, it was golf and the course was sensational. We had 66 off the bat, for a nett 60. The winners had 55. :shock: We played well enough to shoot a good score, but didn't make anything on the greens. You really have to make your share of bombs to have a chance in an ambrose.

I won the long drive comp, with a "little" 268m nudge up the 18th. The prize was a box of 15 Top-Flites, among other things! :roll:

They also had a radar gun set up on the second tee to measure ball speed. I got beaten into second place with 251kmh. Brooky17 was 3rd with 243kmh. The winner was 260. It'd be interesting to have a few belts on one of those things to see if 300 is possible!

Great day out. Huge field - 36 groups. Plenty of celebs there and free drinks and food to sweeten the deal. Nice..... :)