Onewood
12th April 2005, 08:47 AM
What???
Trungey didn't play yesterday??? :shock:

Poor bugger has a job now :lol: :lol:

McMw
12th April 2005, 11:22 PM
quick nine, really humid evening...
hitting the ball with the driver crap....all high on the face...
but managed to hit some decent shots...
1 bird, 3 bogeys...(2 stupid ones)...

Onewood
13th April 2005, 02:28 PM
Had a game in the comp at Logan today with
Griz 40 pts
Twowood 36 pts
MarkH 27 pts
Onewood 36 pts

Same as Mau, made some soft bogeys today :roll: Looking foreward to the club champs on Saturday :D I'm ready as I'll ever be :smt023

markTHEblake
13th April 2005, 04:30 PM
was doddling along about even with my handicap for the first 8 holes.
on 9th had to hit a low punch under some trees to the green about 80 metres away.

hit the tree 20 metres in front of me, ball bounces straight back and hits a tree about 10 feet to right of me, then hits my buggy wheel and rolls to a spot about 6 inches from the original lie.

ok start again, hit the tree 20 metres in front of me........

thank god it was a stableford.

Trung
13th April 2005, 07:10 PM
What???
Trungey didn't play yesterday??? :shock:

Why would I want to play golf on a Monday mate :wink: .

I got myself membership at Fitness First, went to the gym for the first time in 8 years on Monday..

My arms and shoulder are stuff. There is so much pain... How Am I gonna swing a club at The Vintage? :shock:

McMw
13th April 2005, 10:31 PM
parred the first 6 holes, bird the 7, gave it back on 8, parred 9... :D

damn the broomie is good!!! :wink:

andylo
14th April 2005, 03:59 PM
Get a FIRST ever EAGLE today in Brookwater :D

Hole: 13, 551 meters long. Driver, 3 wood and left me a 60 meters pitch shot. Hit a 3 qtr gap wedge, it land 2 cm left to the hole then rolls in! WOHOO! My playing partner saw it as well and we both scream :D

Shot a terrible 56 front 9 then start playing golf since 13... 44 back nine!

Total 100.... not too bad for me, in Brookwater.

I missed 1 birdie putt, 3 par putts (and one ended up 3 putts and a 4 putts) Also shoot a 10 in hole 9. Which makes me lost temper straight away :oops:

Would have break 100 in Brooky if I just be more concertrate and putt better :!:

peter_rs
14th April 2005, 04:13 PM
Get a FIRST ever EAGLE today in Brookwater :D

Hole: 13, 551 meters long. Driver, 3 wood and left me a 60 meters pitch shot. Hit a 3 qtr gap wedge, it land 2 cm left to the hole then rolls in! WOHOO! My playing partner saw it as well and we both scream :D

Shot a terrible 56 front 9 then start playing golf since 13... 44 back nine!

Total 100.... not too bad for me, in Brookwater.

I missed 1 birdie putt, 3 par putts (and one ended up 3 putts and a 4 putts) Also shoot a 10 in hole 9. Which makes me lost temper straight away :oops:

Would have break 100 in Brooky if I just be more concertrate and putt better :!:

way to go!

markTHEblake
14th April 2005, 05:41 PM
bloody hell.

next thing we know you will be holing drivers from the fairway.

terryand
14th April 2005, 05:46 PM
Onya A-Lo,you get ya first on one of the hardest and most picturesque hole around,not to mention my favorite hole at Brooky.

Terry.

andylo
14th April 2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the courage guys :D

Jarro
15th April 2005, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the courage guys :D

GO GET 'EM TIGER :!: :!:

McMw
15th April 2005, 09:52 PM
lost 10bucks today to a mate...
gave him 2 strokes gross score over mine...and I 3-jacked the last to hand it over to him....

but, considering the way I was hitting the ball this evening, 3over for the nine is okay...after bogey on 1 and 4, I just kept playing for pars, and waited for him to make the mistakes, which he did...then I had to make mine... :lol:

990B Luva
16th April 2005, 04:19 PM
Had 89/72 at McLeod today - 4GIRs, 32 Putts

Davemason
16th April 2005, 04:57 PM
Played a single stab at CoralCove GC in the wind that was supposed to die down but just got stronger during the day but I still had 34pts struck the ball ok , just around the greens let me down to many 3 putts.

Grunt
16th April 2005, 06:41 PM
Hi All

played Mac Grange today, 2nd round of 4somes. I am not good enough to have a shot every 5 min,could not get into a rhythym but was a great practice round for the big match tomorrow; bring on The Vintage & Rob, if i cant make it a match till 15 it will be a win for me.

See you all at the vintage.

Jono
16th April 2005, 06:53 PM
33 points at Bayview this morning. The course was playing pretty easy with forward tees, but my excuse was that I had a late night and only 4 hours of sleep. The night before that, I only had 2 hours because of a presentation which I was asked to do at the last minute. :?

Trung
16th April 2005, 07:35 PM
31 points today... 8)

McMw
16th April 2005, 09:47 PM
28 putts
8 fairways
11 Greens
Better than average GIRS for me...

BUT the best thing abt the round this morning???
a PB for me....5 birdies in the round!!!
WITH back to back birdies on 4 and 5, and closed the round with birds on 17 and 18 (sweet, esp after doubling the 16th)...

2 lipouts in the round too....sux!!!

Courty
16th April 2005, 10:58 PM
Shot 36pts (80/ nett 72) in the comp this arve. 8 Fairways, 6 GIR :shock: 31 putts. 2 timely birdies helped me win the money... swing still needs some work.

Onewood
17th April 2005, 06:00 AM
1st Round of our club champs. and only 7 off the pace :D

I really hacked it around for a 78/73

Mathew is Leading with a 1 under 71/67 32/39

3oneday
17th April 2005, 09:27 AM
Fox Hills Cup yesterday, shot 70 (1 over) off 5, won the handicap on a countback with a nett 65 8) 8) . Scratch was won with 2 under 67, so overall a good result.

Pete

jimandr
17th April 2005, 08:15 PM
Gees you are modest Pete :) Winning the nett in a Vardon event is a major achievement :!: I'm very glad you are in the other half of the MatchPlay draw, but I think you may now be the favourite to go all the way.

31 points in the big OzGolf day at The Vintage.

8 of 14 fairways
9 of 18 greens
1 of 4 up and downs
0 of 2 sand saves
35 putts, with 2 threes, no birdies, but one 45 footer for an amazing par.

I played really well for the first 6 holes, struggled for par on the very easy 7th, then my driving absolutely deserted me. The Vintage is a course where missing the fairway is never good, and often an absolute disaster. I made a number of excellent recoveries after driving into trouble. This score could have been a lot worse.

Grunt
17th April 2005, 09:02 PM
Hi All

bring on The Vintage & Rob, if i can make it a match till 15 it will be a win for me.

See you all at the vintage.

Why did I think that? 15 was the bit where it all went pear shaped

Oh well 29 points could have been worse

McMw
17th April 2005, 09:38 PM
4 over for the round....which was pretty dissapointing, cause I closed with 3 bogeys!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
very very soft bogeys too... :oops: :oops: :oops:

but on the bright side, considering I hooked my opening drive off the 10th so bad, I had to take a penalty drop there, and another penalty drop on the 3rd (ball plugged in drain)...could have been a decent score...

hilite of the day???
4th hole (13th for the day) high long drive...3 wood onto the green...6-7 footer away for eagle...but lipped out... :( :( :(

Flowergirl
18th April 2005, 10:49 AM
Late report on pennant last Thursday. Played at Flinders - which is right on Bass Strait - blowing a gale and raining. Played a girl off 15 and we both played the most pathetic golf you've ever seen! Ended up square - neither of us deserved the win. The teams squared also.
Played yesterday - Par +1 - was happy with my game. Played out all holes - even the wipes cos we had a slowish group ahead and no one behind.
43 + 45 = 88 -20 = net 68 ( par 71). Not sure of the CCR but I think it was 70 so my +1 probably means I won't break. Par can be a bit cruel when you're trying to get the handicap down. :evil:

AndyP
18th April 2005, 11:02 AM
16/04/05, McLeod GC, McLeod Cup

Started very well, fell in a heap. Between the end of my previous round and the start of this round, I shot even with the card over 15 holes. Just gotta do it in the one round now. :roll:
My strength from the week before (getting up & down), never got a chance to save me, as I never put myself in that sort of position. Was inconsistent off the tee, ordinary with the irons and didn't feel right standing over the ball during the majority of the round.

7/13 effective T-shots.
7/18 effective regulation approaches.
Penalised: 10 shots. :shock:
36 putts.
--------------
7 pars.
4 bogeys.
4 doubles.
3 others.
Score 42-50-92 nett 79 (par 34-37-71) [back nine first]

Fishman Dan
18th April 2005, 11:03 AM
Quick wrap on the Vintage...

Such a good course. Very technical early on.

My card was pretty ordinary, but a blind 6-iron on the 2nd over a corner which hit the green and sucked back 2 metres to 10' was a highlight. Nasty breaking, sliding putt just beat the edge and left a tap-in par. Generally putted pretty well, 2-putting from a long way away on a few occasions. The greens rolled truly and were pure all day.

Highlight of the day was Anita (my wife) putting the ball to 8' on the par 3 8th from the womens tee (140-ish metres?) using my QuickStrike 3-iron hybrid. She 3-putted, but was stoked to have made bogey. She made another bogey on the 17th (tee shot to the right of water hazard, chip, 2 putts) when both Trung and Jono were struggling for their doubles ;)

I would have broken 100 on the day, but had a top time doing it.

cazandpaul
19th April 2005, 05:01 AM
Caz played business ladies pennant at Coolangatta (west course) on Sunday - won her match 5/4 and the team won - the course was looking as good as I have seen it in a long time.

Flowergirl
19th April 2005, 08:01 AM
Caz played business ladies pennant at Coolangatta (west course) on Sunday - won her match 5/4 and the team won - the course was looking as good as I have seen it in a long time.

Way to go Caz.........5/4 is a great win!!! :D

Onewood
19th April 2005, 12:32 PM

So Paul, did you have a look at the course, as you dropped Caz off, on your way to the BAR or did you do the right thing :smt057 and Caddie :D

Well played Caz :smt038

cazandpaul
19th April 2005, 07:45 PM
I caddied - I may be a better caddy than player :oops: