PDA

View Full Version : Houston .... Did we have a problem??

Jarro
30th April 2004, 04:46 AM
What was going on last night :?: I couldn't even get the page to load up... started freaking out :shock:

Hopefully it won't be a regular occurance as i need my fix :P

glad to see all is well and good again this morning though.... keep up the good work guys :D

markTHEblake
30th April 2004, 06:54 AM
You could have always gone back to ISG, that place has died since you left.

clikchic
30th April 2004, 06:57 AM
GRRR! yes, sounds like there was a problem. I noticed the site was down a short time yesterday morning too...hopefully it is the first and last time. I contacted the hosting company but haven't heard back from them yet.

It is the same company as I use for my other websites where I have not had any problems with since I started hosting through them but this website is on a different server...

I am still at the coast but will be back home later today and will get onto them again then and find out what the problem has been.

Hopefully it is a one off and it wont happen again! If not I will be one cranky chicky! :evil:

If we continue to have problems I will just find another hosting company to host the site on that will be more reliable.

If anyone ever notices down time again please do let me know and I will get onto it as I normally wont be on the forum that much in future. If you send me a pm I will get notification.

clikchic
30th April 2004, 07:00 AM
He he, or if you can't get on to send me a pm, send an email to
robyn at clikchic.com

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again!

AndyP
30th April 2004, 07:34 AM
Hopefully it won't be a regular occurance as i need my fix
Yes, it was tough without it.
I had to SMS jarro just to check that it wasn't just me.

AndyP
30th April 2004, 02:16 PM
I think we may have had some more downtime. Couldn't get on at about 2:30p.

Jarro
30th April 2004, 04:15 PM
You could have always gone back to ISG, that place has died since you left.

what's the gossip from over there Blakey :roll: :wink: :lol:

Victorians should be running rampant with their course design thread *yawn* :roll:

AndyP
30th April 2004, 04:44 PM
You mean you haven't even had a sneak peek, jarro?

It is really quiet over there. The number of new posts between visits has dropped significantly, and there is less of the chit-chat threads.

clikchic
30th April 2004, 04:54 PM
I got a reply from the hosting company...

There seems to be an abuser on the server, I think we have taken care of it now.

Hopefully that will be the end of the downtime.. I trust there hasn't been any more today?

Golfgirl
30th April 2004, 05:12 PM
there is less of the chit-chat threads.

Yes.... and really, that's what caused all the $h!t in the first place - certain persons not liking certain other persons from having a chat about their latest round of golf, etc. Which I think is very, very wrong of them!!! :evil: The whole idea of forums is to develop a sense of "community" and what better way than sharing your experiences? :D

Jarro
30th April 2004, 05:36 PM
there is less of the chit-chat threads.

Yes.... and really, that's what caused all the $h!t in the first place - certain persons not liking certain other persons from having a chat about their latest round of golf, etc. Which I think is very, very wrong of them!!! :evil: The whole idea of forums is to develop a sense of "community" and what better way than sharing your experiences? :D

couldn't agree more Golfgirl :D seems to me that over "there" if you weren't willing to talk about certain topics, you were chastised rather harshly ... pretty stupid really :x Some people just get their kicks out of being shite-stirrers and bagging people they're never likely to meet :evil:

This place will be different 8) :D

markTHEblake
30th April 2004, 06:07 PM
[quote=markTHEblake]what's the gossip from over there Blakey :roll: :wink: :lol:

Victorians should be running rampant with their course design thread *yawn* :roll:

no gossip. hardly a murmur from the 3 stooges/wankers on any subject.

no wonder my occasional bait here and there hasnt caught anything. its clearly obvious who were the main dudes at ISG

Jarro
30th April 2004, 06:12 PM
no gossip. hardly a murmur from the 3 stooges/wankers on any subject.

no wonder my occasional bait here and there hasnt caught anything. its clearly obvious who were the main dudes at ISG

keep fishing Blakey :lol:

though maybe you might need to change your bait :-k

i might head over for a peep ... see whats going on :-$

AndyP
30th April 2004, 07:59 PM
The whole idea of forums is to develop a sense of "community" and what better way than sharing your experiences?
Exactly golfgirl. We even go out of our way to play golf together. We might even call each other friends. :shock:

no gossip.
I did notice a certain young Victorian getting in trouble for abusing a certain moderator starting with 'h' by an administrator starting with 'b' and ending in 'x'. :wink: :wink:

Jarro
30th April 2004, 08:11 PM
I did notice a certain young Victorian getting in trouble for abusing a certain moderator starting with 'h' by an administrator starting with 'b' and ending in 'x'. :wink: :wink:

more info please AndyP .. i can't work out who you're talking about :-k :lol:

jaster
30th April 2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah enlighten us on this hot gossip :)

Golfgirl
30th April 2004, 08:55 PM
Personally, I feel for the two new moderators who have stepped into the void over "there", and who will have to try and regulate all the crap that certain persons cause.... :(

jaster
30th April 2004, 09:02 PM
Personally, I feel for the two new moderators who have stepped into the void over "there", and who will have to try and regulate all the crap that certain persons cause.... :(

I was going to volunteer to moderate before this last lot of BS happened but in the end thought better as I would have ended up banning everyone :lol: I think that there is no excuse to carry on like they do. That's why thanks to goughy and his legendary missus this place has started :)

AndyP
30th April 2004, 09:04 PM
That's why thanks to goughy and his legendary missus this place has started
Here, here. =D>

Iain
30th April 2004, 11:02 PM
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Jarro
1st May 2004, 04:31 AM
yeah.... thanks again to Robyn and Dean for starting this up O:)