PDA

View Full Version : Instant tea a la espresso machine.......mmmmmmm

macleod
11th April 2005, 10:44 AM
i'm a big tea person (hey, stop that sniggering....) but most times when i can't be bothered with toss i like a fast strong cuppa.

sitting here this morning, watching tiger's snore fest, i thought...what the hell let's try the espresso machine and blast it through so i can back to watching DiMarco underclub on the 18th...

now steeping tea and making it a nice gentle process is all good and fine but this is the home improvement (sans prior cocaine bust) way.

stuff that sissy steeping stuff, lets push the 92* water through those pekoe baby!.....

packed 4g in the small single shot (to allow for tea leaf expansion of course...don't want to blow my hand off now...), locked her in and away we went....mmmmmm that's fast!

Actually worked far better than i imagined, using a good loose leaf made a fast and strong brew....i draw the line at frothing the milk for it though...that would just be silly. silly silly silly....

so there you go, if you have a home espresso machine (15 bar) and your tired of coffee and aren't in a discerning mood, try tea instead...mmmmm...chewy brew!.....