PDA

View Full Version : Callaway Tour iZ golf ball

GolfBallWhackerGuy
19th May 2010, 10:07 AM
Gday,
Has anyone tried these balls and if so, are they any good and what comparisons can be made to the Titleist ProV1x in terms of distance, stopping ability on greens and feel.
Thank you

TheTrueReview
19th May 2010, 05:09 PM
Never tried it sorry. From memory there has been discussion on it in some other threads. Others might be able to assist.

Johnny Canuck
19th May 2010, 05:25 PM
I know that the i(s) is one of the spinniest balls that I have ever hit. Not sure about its brother.

Bruce Dickinson
19th May 2010, 05:26 PM
played with them a couple of weeks ago, for me it was as long as the Pro V1x and had similar spin characteristics. Felt a little bit harder around the greens but I'm not renowned for my short game prowess.

Played the Bridgestone tour ball last week and had to stop using as it was spinning too much

Bundy
19th May 2010, 06:00 PM
I use them quite regularly along with the Pro V1x. I reckon they are longer & straighter than Pro V1x but definitely harder and don't spin nearly as much. They will release whereas the Pro V1x will bite and stop a bit more.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
20th May 2010, 09:46 AM
Cheers Guys. I might give it a try.

TheBoz_fromOz
20th May 2010, 11:14 AM
They are slightly higher compression and the combination of cover and mantle is where the
slightly firmer cover feel comes from in comparison with the current ProV1X . Cheers, Boz.