PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone REC someone to put a shaft in a Callaway Diablo Driver in Brisbane

hopeihitstraight
11th May 2010, 06:11 PM
I went to my pro to hard went to another place and they said send to Callaway. Callaway said 3-4 weeks as I must buy shaft from them and then they will fit it. I just want it in about 2 weeks

henno
11th May 2010, 06:19 PM
I had one of these and was going to get perci to cut it and drill it out if it's the standard shaft. It's worth nothing anyway.

They're tricky buggers otherwise. Even virge butchered his, apparently.

hopeihitstraight
11th May 2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah mate Perci said cant do.

jaybam
11th May 2010, 07:02 PM
The guy at Ipswich golf club said he would reshaft my callaway ft-5 when i had it and i think they are the same sort of hosel set up as the diablo. Also the guys at Gailes golf course also said they could do it but need to order the hosel and stuff from callaway.

Tomson
11th May 2010, 08:20 PM
I stuffed up my first 2 which happened to be mine and I have done quiet a few without any damage to shaft or head since.

hopeihitstraight
14th May 2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info

virge666
14th May 2010, 10:00 PM
You need a hosel protector for the modern clubs, and an adapter kit which costs about $10.

With that it is a piece of piss.

Or cut and drill the old shaft - which is way easier.

Timbo
14th May 2010, 10:18 PM
Or cut and drill the old shaft - which is way easier.

Do you need to be careful of the depth that you drill? Will it go straight through on Callaway drivers? Can you drill to a certain depth and stop, without damaging the plug at the bottom?

Sorry if they're dumb questions, but I'm about to reshaft my son's X460 and I've never reshafted a bore through driver.

henno
14th May 2010, 10:24 PM
The Diablo is not really a bore-through, is it? It just doesn't have a real hosel. Callaway call it an S2H2 hosel and a modified Tru-bore. Whatever the fook that means.