PDA

View Full Version : Near miss!!!

rodders
10th May 2010, 10:36 PM
Never had an ace.

This was the shot.

This was the result.

I saw the ball land and travel fast towards the hole. Hit... and popped out! I marked the landing with a tee in photo 2. Bugger, nearest I've been.:mad:

And here is the shot across the creek to Lost Farm. Official opening December 10.

morgy
10th May 2010, 10:49 PM
Bad luck mate. I've had a couple of these over the last year. Stops you from enjoying a great shot!

Ned
11th May 2010, 07:06 AM
http://www.koonara.com/emails/2009nov/maxwellsmart_missed_it_by_that_much.jpg

kingslayer33
11th May 2010, 07:43 AM
Bugger Rodders.

I had a similar result on 13 at BB the first time I played. pin was back left and the ball went round the hole. And I have a similar photo, somewhere, taken from the tee, when you zoom in you can see the ball beside the hole.

rodders
11th May 2010, 09:02 PM
Bugger Rodders.

I had a similar result on 13 at BB the first time I played. pin was back left and the ball went round the hole. And I have a similar photo, somewhere, taken from the tee, when you zoom in you can see the ball beside the hole.

That's a great pin position on 13 - in same spot on Saturday. Was below the hole and you can putt at hole or into "the bowl" and watch it role around. Never seems to end more than two feet away!

chappy1970
12th May 2010, 09:59 AM
Bad luck Rod,
A friend of my old mans, went down to BB a year of 2 ago with some mates. I don't know the course, never been there so I cannot tell you the hole, but he played his tee shot into one the par 3's. It was very ordinary indeed either going way left or way right, ricochet's off a tree back onto the green and into the hole.

True story