PDA

View Full Version : the best footballer ever !!?

damoocow
7th April 2005, 09:32 PM
as said by PVPQ [paul vautin pretend queenslander] on the footy show tonight - just goes to show how far removed he is from reality - he introduced Andrew Johns as the best footballer ever !! - my god he is a sad case - Johns and Vautin !- Wally is the best footballer ever [league] - as is often noted - you need to live in QLD to be a QLDER - any where else means you are a pretender

damoocow

mike
7th April 2005, 09:43 PM
Mr. Cow

1) Wally is not the best ever. He was and still is a wanker.

2) Johns isn't the best ever, but he's closer to it than Wally was.

3) Beetson is the best ever.

4) What on earth are you doing watching the Footy Show? :x

damoocow
7th April 2005, 09:50 PM
mike wrote

1) Wally is not the best ever. He was and still is a wanker.

as we all are

2) Johns isn't the best ever, but he's closer to it than Wally was.

I think John's easily passes the 'wanker' tag

3) Beetson is the best ever.

? pie eater ? half a game player ? I will admit he was the best ever captain choice for the first of 26 years of origins and had an awesome offload at the line , but not best footballer ever.

4) What on earth are you doing watching the Footy Show?

was flicking around , sorry , have no idea of what else was on the show , the part I saw was distressing enough.

damoocow

Jarro
8th April 2005, 03:23 AM
PV has no ****ing idea when it comes to rating players :evil:

i mean, if Darren Lockyer was a guest on the show .... he'd introduce him as the best player he's ever seen.

FWIW, i think Lewis was the best ..... way ahead of anyone else.

terryand
8th April 2005, 05:24 AM
Lewis could lift his team with a piece if inspirational play when they were down.

Johns justs spits the dummy and throws his mouthgaurd around(we've all seen that footage,great stuff for the kids to see).

Terry.

3oneday
8th April 2005, 06:32 AM
Could I say Terry Lamb ???? 8) :lol:

Probably not I guess... Wally by the length of the straight, however the only football within a furlong is probably Lockyer, IMHO of course :wink:

That hurt :cry: :cry:

Virgal_Tracy
8th April 2005, 08:41 AM
As a youngish guy who only saw him when I was very young and through archive footage, I'll throw up Bob Fulton as better than Wally or Johns.
Being from NSW I also think that Wally is a wanker, and that is from personal knowledge from a pre season camp when "King" Wally joined the Crushers.

markTHEblake
8th April 2005, 08:52 AM
blokes like Mick Cronin and Graham Eadie totally outclass any of the above.

Onewood
8th April 2005, 12:07 PM
Micheal Voss will go down as one of the great captains 8)

Aka is pretty good,

I was pretty good at junior level 8)

Liegh Mathews as the Toughest, [tougher than any bum sniffer could ever be]

AndyP
8th April 2005, 12:18 PM
Liegh Mathews as the Toughest, [tougher than any bum sniffer could ever be]
From all reports Lethal Leigh is one of the best if not the best. Unfortunately, I haven't really seen him play.

3oneday
8th April 2005, 12:21 PM
the best footballer ever [league] any chance you could change the title to include the "league" word, didn't take long for the pingpongers to invade :P :P

:lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
8th April 2005, 03:08 PM
Back on the Wally Lewis thing, the origin night he caught that can thrown from the 30th row on the hill still goes down as one on my greatest sporting memories...he is the KING !

You're talking $h!t - you can't throw that far... :roll:

Onewood
8th April 2005, 03:59 PM
the best footballer ever [league] any chance you could change the title to include the "league" word, didn't take long for the pingpongers to invade :P :P

:lol: :lol:

Did'nt the so called King play back in the days of the 5mt rule :roll: when no one could get any speed up to hurt anyone with a good hard tackle :smt008 That was'nt football all he had to do was catch it and throw it BACKWARDS with quick hands :roll: anyone could play 5-8 back then :wink:

Jarro
8th April 2005, 04:17 PM
the one thing "The King" never did was simply catch'n'pass [-(

he was always 3 plays ahead of the rest 8)

Eag's
8th April 2005, 04:49 PM
There was never a better or tougher player in the history of the game than 'King Wally" :smt023

3oneday
8th April 2005, 06:46 PM
yeah yeah, lock it down :P :P , go and have a group hug and get on with the present :twisted: :twisted: you sound like a bunch of old women at a pumpkin scone party :idea: :roll:

:smt011 :smt008

Jarro
8th April 2005, 07:22 PM
NewSouthWelshman just hate the fact that they never had a player that dominated State Of Origin like King Wally did :P

.. maybe one day boys :roll:

mike
8th April 2005, 08:45 PM
Best ever in each position in my memory ( I never saw Churchill, Gasnier or Langlands.)

Fullback: Lockyer ( it's a shame they've put him at 5/8. He's wasted there)

Wing: Eric Grothe ( wow. just wow ! )

Centre: Cronin ( paired with Steve Rogers or Brett Kenny...just incredible)

5/8: Fulton ( faster than Wally. Better kicking game than Wally. Not as big a wanker as Wally )

Half: Steve Mortimer ( another wanker ) Langer a close 2nd.

Lock: Ray Price ( Fantastic player. Ugly nose )

2nd row: Les Boyd ( my favourite player...ever . Unstoppable at full pace. And he busted Daryl Brohman's jaw. You gotta like him for that )

Front row: Artie ( I saw him toward the end of his career and haven't seen any foreward of his quality since )

Hooker: Max Krilich ( back when a hooker had to win a scrum , he was the best. Saw him score a 70 metre try from dummy half )

markTHEblake
8th April 2005, 09:08 PM
geez mike you must be old. these are all the same players i remember too.

my favorite team of all time was this one. Interesting to note that the same 13 players were also the City, NSW, and Australian teams. The aussie and NSW reserves were from the NSW country team. Pretty sad reflection that not a single qlder could make the squad, not even as a reserve.

Eadie
Corowa
Rogers
Cronin
Beausted
Thompson
Raudonikis
Price
Reddy
Boyd
Young
Peponis
Morris

damoocow
8th April 2005, 10:31 PM
marktheball wrote

Beausted

sorry - do not know who this is ? - do you mean Kerry Boustead, the Qlder?? -oops I guess that blows your post right out of the water, [not to even mention either Des or Rod Morris !!!]

damoocow

Courty
8th April 2005, 10:51 PM
Pretty sad reflection that not a single qlder could make the squad, not even as a reserve.

Must have been NSW selectors that year... :roll:

markTHEblake
8th April 2005, 10:52 PM
Damoo, There is no Des in that list :roll:

oh yeah, i must have forgot that they had to change the rules cos qld was getting beat by 40 pts all the time.

so only 2 'origin' qlders in that australian team, and one of them was from innisvile. yeah state of origin would have made all the difference.

mike
8th April 2005, 10:56 PM
Rod Reddy was a Queenslander

damoocow
8th April 2005, 10:56 PM
markthebeausted wrote

There is no Des in that list

yep , you have really lost the plot - that post makes no sense

damoocow

markTHEblake
9th April 2005, 04:29 AM
aha now i get you. surely you recognised it had to have been Rod.

you still took the bait though silly boy.