PDA

View Full Version : Retro Pick up

chappy1970
10th May 2010, 10:36 AM
A woman walked into teh Pro Shop Dad works part time in and said she wanted to sell some old clubs her dad used before he dropped of the perch. No interest, she then says does anyone want them.

There wasn't much interest but one of the guys said that guy over there (my dad) collects them and takes a few sets upm the bush for teh local kids to use every now and then.

So the old man picks them up and they are a mint set including full devider bag of PGF Kel Nagle TFX clubs circa 1966. 1 1/2 wood, 2 other woods (could be 2 and something else) and 3 iron to SW (missing 9 iron though) and a PGF blade putter, looks very much like the blade Phil Mick used/does play.

He then goes into the local Cash Converters and lo and behold finds a matching 9 iron (what are the freakin chances).

I layed my eyes on them yesterday when I was over for Mothers day and they are Beautiful, original grips and TT shafts too.

Great pick up.

Chappy

morgy
10th May 2010, 10:41 AM
Nice one chappy. I have a set of Kel Nagles here actually!! I'd be really keen to see some photos as I was thinking about having mine restored. My grandfather (who was a reasonably prominent pro) and my dad both used them and swear by them to this day!

chappy1970
10th May 2010, 10:46 AM
I'll get some pics and post them Morgy