PDA

View Full Version : Resolved 1st Tee threads

Grunt
8th May 2010, 08:22 AM
Question for the Mods/ forum guru's

Can we break the 1st tee threads into sub forums foir each state? I t seems that now there is a more national presence in the thread it would be good if for instance a NSW golfer could just open the NSW thread and look for rounds in their state.

AndyP
8th May 2010, 08:29 PM
It has been considered before, but if someone was to only go to their own state area, wouldn't they miss out on something else that may interest them? We were hesitant to do this before because we didn't want to segregate the "communities". Don't the prefixes make it easier?

Grunt
8th May 2010, 08:32 PM
I was thinking more on my idea of how we manage the POTY.

AndyP
8th May 2010, 08:41 PM
I haven't read it, so I have no idea what you're talking about. If it's what I think it is, the prefixes should still do the job.

henno
10th May 2010, 06:46 AM
I haven't read it, so I have no idea what you're talking about. If it's what I think it is, the prefixes should still do the job.

I have requested this before, but the ability to filter by prefix would be a godsend for both the 1st tee and Pro Shop forums. A little drop down box would suffice.

AndyP
10th May 2010, 08:02 AM
It's not as easy as a drop down box, but you can filter prefixes via the search function.

AndyP
10th May 2010, 01:28 PM
It's not as easy as a drop down box, but you can filter prefixes via the search function.
There's actually an easy to use dropbox at the bottom of the forumdisplay page.

That said, a new modification (http://www.ozgolf.net/7664-Forum-Tips?p=478447&viewfull=1#post478447) makes it even easier.

Yossarian
12th May 2010, 11:22 AM
Can't we merge all these first tee threads into one?

AndyP
12th May 2010, 11:54 AM
Since I've received no feedback, I'm going to assume I've done good. Lock this thread down, mods.