PDA

View Full Version : KingSlayer's Swing

kingslayer33
7th May 2010, 12:58 AM
Found this video I had from a year ago and thought I could put it up now.

Haven't played too much this year (young family and house/garden reno) but it will be interesting to see if I have changed much in this time, when I have time to record a current effort anyway.

Anyway 6-iron - All comments welcome ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujSoHHZPn-o

golfprodigy
7th May 2010, 01:21 AM
looks pretty good to me. I noticed you tilt your body back a touch like your hitting your driver and the ball position is forward of your stance where i would tee up my driver. How far do you hit your 6 iron? I reckon bout 155 maybe touch more.

dan
7th May 2010, 07:56 AM
Good solid crisp contact. Only thing I will say is you seem to have too much weight on your left side at the top (no spine angle), but you make up for it at impact.

solarman
7th May 2010, 10:24 AM
Being Tasmanian, I want to know how you grip the club with 3 fingers and stay balanced on 3 toes.;)

Seriously though, looks alright to me.....probably better than I got.:cry:

Yossarian
7th May 2010, 08:54 PM
You look like you've got that ball really far forward but if it aint broke!

Bushka
8th May 2010, 07:12 AM
I'd be happy to have it mate, where are you at, looks very picturesque. Nice club range if you can hit a 6 iron comfortably.

kingslayer33
8th May 2010, 08:34 PM
looks pretty good to me. I noticed you tilt your body back a touch like your hitting your driver and the ball position is forward of your stance where i would tee up my driver. How far do you hit your 6 iron? I reckon bout 155 maybe touch more.

could be why I hit the ball so bloody high too. No good for the wind down here ;) I comfortably hit 6 iron from 165m.

Good solid crisp contact. Only thing I will say is you seem to have too much weight on your left side at the top (no spine angle), but you make up for it at impact.

is that the big lateral shift I seem to do on the downswing? I don't think too much about technical parts of the swing and try and get a good rhythm. Probably comes from never having had lessons.

Being Tasmanian, I want to know how you grip the club with 3 fingers and stay balanced on 3 toes.;)

Seriously though, looks alright to me.....probably better than I got.:cry:

ta solarman I knew I could count on you for a good sledge or 2.

I'd be happy to have it mate, where are you at, looks very picturesque. Nice club range if you can hit a 6 iron comfortably.

thanks Bushka. In Hobart (Kingston Beach) Mt Wellington in background. Our range is pretty average - but no problems hitting an iron on it. It gets a little narrow past 200 so drivers are no good :(

LarryLong
8th May 2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I was going to mention the wide-ish stance and the lateral movement, but it looked to me like you could well hit everything out of the middle with that swing and I couldn't find anything else to sledge you about so I decided to keep quiet. Any shot taken from anywhere in Tassie has a mountain in the background, but I picked that one.

Nice swing!

dan
8th May 2010, 10:37 PM
is that the big lateral shift I seem to do on the downswing? I don't think too much about technical parts of the swing and try and get a good rhythm.
It's obviously working for you so if your game is good then don't worry about it. Are your bad shots pushed to the right?

kingslayer33
9th May 2010, 06:23 AM
It's obviously working for you so if your game is good then don't worry about it. Are your bad shots pushed to the right?

I used to hit a bit of a ghey fade when my timing was not quite right but since changing to RAC MB with PX6.5's I tend to go the other way.

I think I need to get a driver version up here though. Really I make pretty consistent strikes with the irons but I have a tendancy to try and overhit the big stick and get wild because of it.

matty
9th May 2010, 10:01 AM
Very nice swing IMO. Doesn't look like you have the ball too far forward either, I think. I don't think you are facing the camera front on, which makes the ball look further forward than it really is. I like the weight transfer. I'd reckon you'd get it out there.

sms316
9th May 2010, 10:46 AM
The video obviously was taken a while back. I was in Hobart on Wed/Thur/Fri this week and I don't own enough jumpers to keep me warm.

kingslayer33
9th May 2010, 01:38 PM
You've been out of Canberra too long that's all!

grandmasterb
9th May 2010, 01:46 PM
The video obviously was taken a while back. I was in Hobart on Wed/Thur/Fri this week and I don't own enough jumpers to keep me warm.

You've been out of Canberra too long that's all!

EXACTLY, i played in shorts yesterday, wore shorts everyday to work this week and still in shorts today!!!

kingslayer33
9th May 2010, 01:53 PM
Maybe all the weight that SMS is losing means he's also lost the layer of insulation that I possess. ;)

sms316
9th May 2010, 02:05 PM
Friday wasn't too bad, but Thursday was just stupidly windy and cold.