PDA

View Full Version : OZgolf Matchplay, AndyP vs Tezza

terryand
6th April 2005, 05:18 PM
AndyP: Split from Woodford Pro-am thread

there was something about why are you so keen to know who is going to open up a big ar$e can of whoopass on you :shock:
And my reply was to take your sweet time telling me, because I have to kick whoever's buttiki. several months

My main interest was in how the day went. So Kee had the best score of the OZgolfers?

Thanks for the call AP as to where the post went......Maybe we should do a test first to see if the new Admin staff can handle all the new buttons :wink:
Fair call.
Some of the stuff at uni showed me how to write some software, not actually how to be the end user. :mrgreen:

I notice its up on the scoreboard anyhow.

Fine by me....You do well in the "CUP" lose shots I keep drifting...Mmmmmmm. Yep suits me too :wink:

But seeing as you arehelping everyone orginize other matchplay games at McLeod,you could do your orginize your own there too 8)

Could be ya best chance knowing our recent history there :?

Terry.

Jarro
6th April 2005, 05:24 PM
congrats on the victory Tezza 8) commiserations to A-Lo :(

so AndyAdminMan, you HAVE to play Tezza at McLeod .. evryone else is playing theirs there :roll:

AndyP
6th April 2005, 07:57 PM
I notice its up on the scoreboard anyhow.
:-"

But seeing as you are helping everyone orginize other matchplay games at McLeod,you could do your orginize your own there too 8)

Could be ya best chance knowing our recent history there :?
I'm surprised you have offered to play me there.
But I have always stated that I don't want to mix The Cup with the matchplay.

Plenty of time anyway. 1st round by end of May 31, 2nd round by end of July 31. Let's just sit back and watch the 1st round results come in.

I'm just wondering which Tezza is going to turn up on the day of the match. You've been putting in some inconsistent scores. One minute you are setting course records at Wantima, the next you are challenging my 17 pt record.

Either way, I am looking forward to our match.
8)

terryand
6th April 2005, 08:02 PM
I'm just wondering which Tezza is going to turn up on the day of the match

:twisted: Evil Tezza :twisted:

Either way, I am looking forward to our match

Don't try to get buddy,buddy with me [-X I'll burn you all the same :smt075

Man by July I'll be off 8 :smt026

Terry.

AndyP
6th April 2005, 08:07 PM

No chumlibum stuff here. I'm looking forward to our match, because I always look forward to winning.

terryand
6th April 2005, 08:11 PM

No chumlibum stuff here. I'm looking forward to our match, because I always look forward to winning.

Really,I'm looking forward to my match with Vegas or Nudgee :wink:

Terry.

AndyP
6th April 2005, 08:15 PM

Great, I knew someone would be interested in playing in the losers repecharge draw. Congrats, you're the first.

BTW Vegas and Nudgee have got nuthin'.

Jarro
6th April 2005, 08:37 PM
get a room you guys :roll:

Eag's
6th April 2005, 08:38 PM
AndyP backup the big talk by accepting Tez's challenge at Mcleod you big sook :smt016

There are other matches going on that day, why not yours :?:

nudgee
6th April 2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah I'll have a peace of that sledge - if Macleod is good enough for everyone else then its good enough for AndyP.

I have full faith in AndyP not wussing out of this one - I am sure he will rise to the challenge - that pathetic excuse about concentrating on defending the cup is as lame as they come :wink: :wink:

Let the game begin!!!!

AndyP
6th April 2005, 09:28 PM
Says those of you who don't have your name on the trophy.

I don't get how you can play matchplay within a comp? What happens to conceding putts?

if Macleod is good enough for everyone else then its good enough for AndyP.
Sorry, Macca is just not my type.

Onewood
7th April 2005, 01:02 AM
Matchplay is not about conceding putts :roll:

you can do it a few of ways

1. I concede the putt [and the player can putt out for the comp] if he misses the putt then it's too bad :D

2. don't concede the putt and let him finish off [letting him play out of turn]

3. play the hole out and see who has the lesser score :roll:

It has been done in a few of the matches so far and has'nt been a problem 8)

one more thing

the time allocated is a guide if things get tight....no reason that the whole event could'nt be finished a week or a month earlier :smt102

one more thing

If 2 players turn up to an Ozgolf day and are due to play each other the match MUST be played or the player refusing to play is DQed :wink:

sounds like I wont the final over before I go in June :lol: :lol:

terryand
7th April 2005, 06:14 AM

Great, I knew someone would be interested in playing in the losers repecharge draw. Congrats, you're the first.

Is this all you got :smt009 :smt043

At least I have a win under my belt and the form on the board \:D/

I've always prefered to walk the walk,not just talk the talk =;

But hey if you want wait until July,thats up up to you :-k

Just means an extra 2 month of waking up in cold sweats and having nightmares about what I'm going to do to you :smt079 :smt036

Terry.

AndyP
7th April 2005, 08:25 AM
AndyP will not bow to peer pressure.

Most of the guys playing their matches on the day, are doing it because of convenience. I play in days with Terry quite often, and live just down the road from him. It will not be hard to organise a match with him.

markTHEblake
7th April 2005, 09:44 AM
It has been done in a few of the matches so far and has'nt been a problem

Most of us have not played a lot of matchplay and may not fully appreciate the strategies involved.

Matchplay is very different as you are playing one person, any other time you are playing the entire field, and should not be played togther becuase the strategies conflict. A golfer is very likely to be in a situation where he has to decide to compromise one or the other, and Murphys law prevails and he stuffs up both.

Heres a good but extreme example. Terry v AndyP at the Ozgolf Matchplay Final, played in conjunction with the Sanctuary Cove Masters at the Pines. Its the Last hole, Terry is 1 up and 2 under par and needs a birdie on the last hole for the best score of his life, and for a nett 64 which will win the comp for sure. Its a 410 par 4, water all down the left side and a water carry to the left side of the green where the pin is cut. Andy P hooks his 2nd shot into the water,, he will be dropping about 90 metres from the green. Terry has 195 metres into a slight crosswind pushing towards the water. there are bunkers right as well.

What does he do:
(a) In matchplay he would knock a 6 iron to about 20 metres short of the green, taking double bogey out of play and virtually guaranteeing the match play final win.

(b) In strokeplay he would aim a 3 iron to the right side of the green, looking to finish centre of the green and hopefully a medium length putt for birdie.

He has a very difficult decision to make. He is second guessing himself, decides to go for the green, hooks it into the water, makes double, stuffs his stroke round score up, and loses the matchplay on the 19th hole becuase AndyP got up and down for bogey, and loses 2nd place in the comp on a countback and wins a ball in the rundown. All up a pretty dirty day for Terry, that wouldnt have happened had he just played a matchplay only (or stroke).

Playing a match and stroke together is just plain dumb. Some people will say that its OK becuase they are only going to be serious about one of them. But thats what Terry thought above, until he got to the 18th.

The Mcleod cup is not the place to be playing Matchplay- becuase it does make a difference.

BrisVegas
7th April 2005, 10:28 AM

Calm down Pippy. Save the sledging until you need to play either one of us in matchplay. :roll:

Iain
7th April 2005, 10:31 AM

Calm down Pippy. Save the sledging until you need to play either one of us in matchplay. :roll:

If he gets past Tezza that is!!!!! :smt043 :smt043 :smt075 :smt075

macleod
7th April 2005, 10:38 AM
Sorry, Macca is just not my type.

i'm crushed..no really........

Alastair Hennessey:We both made bad husbands. But I had an excuse...I'm part gay.
Steve ZissouThey say we all are....

AndyP
7th April 2005, 10:50 AM

If he gets past Tezza that is!!!!! :smt043 :smt043 :smt075 :smt075
Taken out of context.
It was Terence (let's drop the informality) who had stated that he would be playing Vegas or Nudgee in the final. Which means he thinks you will get cleaned up before the final too, Iain.

Eag's
7th April 2005, 11:06 AM
Give me a break Blakey :roll:
I think you are forgetting, we are talking about OZ golfers here, not bloody State players.
There is no good reason why these guys can't play their matches while competing in another comp :smt017

The guys listed here have no problem playing both, so why should there be exceptions :?:

Nudgee v Vegas
Kee v Choppa
Shavey v CobraSS
Jarro v Peter_Rs

Lets not forget we play this game for fun and not for a living.

AndyP
7th April 2005, 11:12 AM
Nudgee v Vegas - Vegas has limited golf time, and was reluctant to play the matchplay comp in the first place.
Kee v Choppa - Rarely play in the same day together.
Shavey v CobraSS - When are these guys going to be in the same place at the same time, they live over 200km apart.
Jarro v Peter_Rs - This match isn't even a definite.

If we are going to play matchplay in the comp, why play in the same group? We can just compare cards at the end of the round.

3oneday
7th April 2005, 11:54 AM
If we are going to play matchplay in the comp, why play in the same group? We can just compare cards at the end of the round. :?: :?:
what about paper, scissors, rock instead :twisted: :P :P is there a sheep station on the result, let the combatants decide and let it be.

:shock: :?

peter_rs
7th April 2005, 11:55 AM
Nudgee v Vegas - Vegas has limited golf time, and was reluctant to play the matchplay comp in the first place.
Kee v Choppa - Rarely play in the same day together.
Shavey v CobraSS - When are these guys going to be in the same place at the same time, they live over 200km apart.
Jarro v Peter_Rs - This match isn't even a definite.

If we are going to play matchplay in the comp, why play in the same group? We can just compare cards at the end of the round.

only due to injury->you play matchplay in groups for the games manship, watching their face on good and bad shots and feeding off that.

I will also know note I'm 0-3 in matchplay matches.

I could join in and take the mature line and say I will if you do (play matchplay that is). :lol: I really don't care what you do, but if u focus on the CUP to much that is not going to help your game so matchplay may free your mind up.

markTHEblake
7th April 2005, 12:14 PM
There is no good reason why these guys can't play their matches while competing in another comp

Seeings you mentioned it, here is some reasons

1. Rules of Golf dont allow it,
2. Becuase of Reason #1 either match or comp has to take second fiddle. The Comp will prevail, therefore you wont be playing proper matchplay.
3. How will you be able to play extra holes at the Macleod cup.
4. I could write an essay on the rest but i dont want to disclose any secrets

I think you are forgetting, we are talking about OZ golfers here, not bloody State players.

Excellent Point, thanks for bringing it up. Hardly any of the Ozgolfers get to play real matchplay thats why we are doing this.

If you play a comp and matchplay together then you are not playing matchplay. Its that simple.

based on the amount of sledging thus far, its getting serious already.

besides put yourself in Terrys boots in that scenario i mentioned, You cant seriously tell me you wouldnt take it seriously.

Anyway its up to the individual but if anyone doesnt understand or agree with what i am saying, it proves that you dont know much about matchplay, and thats why you should play your matches standalone so you get to really enjoy the experience.

Eag's
7th April 2005, 12:32 PM
Yes Blakey that's all well and good :roll: but can we just get on with it.
Lets play some Golf :wink:

markTHEblake
7th April 2005, 12:40 PM
Of course we can. But if anybody doesnt want to combine the two games everyone should respect that.

damoocow
7th April 2005, 12:49 PM
do I detect a wobbly house of cards here?

damoocow

AndyP
7th April 2005, 01:04 PM
do I detect a wobbly house of cards here?
How's your matchplay match going with Scotty G or are you waiting for the house of cards to fall over? ;)

damoocow
7th April 2005, 01:25 PM
I think we are waiting for his and Keza'a medical clearances !

damoocow

Flowergirl
7th April 2005, 03:07 PM
I'm with you Andyp...stand your ground and dig in those heels. :D

terryand
7th April 2005, 04:04 PM
There is no good reason why these guys can't play their matches while competing in another comp

Seeings you mentioned it, here is some reasons

1. Rules of Golf dont allow it,
2. Becuase of Reason #1 either match or comp has to take second fiddle. The Comp will prevail, therefore you wont be playing proper matchplay.
3. How will you be able to play extra holes at the Macleod cup.
4. I could write an essay on the rest but i dont want to disclose any secrets

Excellent Point, thanks for bringing it up. Hardly any of the Ozgolfers get to play real matchplay thats why we are doing this.

If you play a comp and matchplay together then you are not playing matchplay. Its that simple.

based on the amount of sledging thus far, its getting serious already.

besides put yourself in Terrys boots in that scenario i mentioned, You cant seriously tell me you wouldnt take it seriously.

Anyway its up to the individual but if anyone doesnt understand or agree with what i am saying, it proves that you dont know much about matchplay, and thats why you should play your matches standalone so you get to really enjoy the experience.

The only rule that has to be relaxed is the hitting out of turn.

A-Lo and I managed just fine in the Pro-Am.

Plys about the extra hole thing,sure wewon't be able to play any,but could you imagine if Gaz and Dave were all square after 18 at Brooky and going to ask if we could play a couple more to get a result....I don't think so.

It will just have to be worked out on the day and depending on the course too. Some might be able to play holes other will have to go to the putting green.

Terry.

jimandr
7th April 2005, 10:21 PM
In respect of the strokeplay v matchplay debate.

Having just done it on Tuesday vs Coffs_hacker in Sydney, I feel I can contribute something useful to this.

We didn't just play in the comp and keep score, but we were playing with two guys we didn't know, and we didn't tell them what we were doing.

It can be done, with a bit of compromising of the pure matchplay rules. The major issue you need to come to agreement on are the breach of rule penalties (dropping in the wrong place,etc) that usually mean loss of hole in matchplay. My view is that in the unlikely event that it arises, you penalise loss of hole, then play out the hole anyway for the strokeplay card. Bad luck if your opponent then hits three balls out of bounds, you lost the hole before that happened.

We didn't play gimmes, and while gimmes can occasionally be important, in general they are overrated for the level of golf we play. I'm just as likely to miss a two footer with no pressure (and I did), than with the pressure of not having putted from that distance all day and with the match on the line.

If you are playing with other Ozgolfers in the group of 4, it should be no problem to play in turn on the green. Equally (and importantly) it should be easy to maintain the honour on each tee.

What I think the matchplayers will find is that the match will take over your thinking, particularly if the match is close. The winner will probably find they have played and scored quite well when they eventually add up the scores, but they may not care what the score was if they win.

If that then means a player not involved in a Match wins the Cup, there will be a ready made excuse for all those who didn't win.

markTHEblake
7th April 2005, 11:04 PM
i dunno why people keep bringing up 'gimmes' - has nothing to do with it.

The only reason you play gimmes in matchplay is to speed it up. nuthin to do with strategy at all.

The single most important facet of matchplay (compared to strokeplay) is order of play. If anyone hits out of turn (in this context) it really messes up the outcome of the subsequent strokes, hole and match.

Choppa
7th April 2005, 11:08 PM
Who knew match play rules were so different....

With 4 match play newbies in our group at McLeod we are going to be a complete disgrace.........better DQ Kee and myself now I think :?

damoocow
7th April 2005, 11:17 PM
markymark wrote

The only reason you play gimmes in matchplay is to speed it up. nuthin to do with strategy at all.

I find this comment highly offensive as would anyone who plays matchplay golf ala Seve or Trevino, gimmes is/are as important in matchplay as is having a practice swing on the tee in front of your opponent with a club you are not going to use, or telling them 'geez that green is slow' .

damoocow

markTHEblake
7th April 2005, 11:56 PM
gimmes is/are as important in matchplay as is......

how? enlighten me please. i hope your not gunna mention the old 'give him some easy ones then make him putt a hard one' trick.

3oneday
8th April 2005, 04:47 AM
i hope your not gunna mention the old 'give him some easy ones then make him putt a hard one' trick.done it all ?? maybe you should be starting a "how to play matchplay" thread :?:

:P :twisted: :wink: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: did I mention :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

terryand
8th April 2005, 06:18 AM
The winner will probably find they have played and scored quite well when they eventually add up the scores, but they may not care what the score was if they win.

If that then means a player not involved in a Match wins the Cup, there will be a ready made excuse for all those who didn't win.

Couldn't agree more Jim.

My game dropped off after the match was won(against A-Lo),would've had an half decent score if I had of stayed focused.

Its going to be hard against AP to stay focused for the last 6 holes :wink: :P

Terry.

markTHEblake
8th April 2005, 09:49 AM
done it all ??

no idea what you mean.

3oneday
8th April 2005, 10:38 AM
done it all ??

no idea what you mean.I suspected that :P

:lol: :lol:

terryand
8th April 2005, 06:27 PM
done it all ??

no idea what you mean.I suspected that :P

:lol: :lol:

Have you got the T shirt to Pete 8)

Terry.

Jarro
8th April 2005, 06:38 PM
forcryinoutbloodyloud :x

AndyP, no offence .. but the chances that you'll defend your title are pretty slim :roll:

JUST BLOODY PLAY TEZZA IN MATCHPLAY :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

let's get this thing done and dusted already :roll:

terryand
8th April 2005, 07:02 PM
forcryinoutbloodyloud :x

AndyP, no offence .. but the chances that you'll defend your title are pretty slim :roll:

JUST BLOODY PLAY TEZZA IN MATCHPLAY :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

let's get this thing done and dusted already :roll:

Yeah,I thought A-Lo said it was his this year 8)

Terry.

Onewood
8th April 2005, 07:18 PM
I'm Just glad the MIGHTY NSW BLUES are getting there games played without any Problems :D

Well done NSW =D>

And I've noticed you're still having fun and a niggle at each other :roll: :D

QLD the excuss state :roll:

terryand
8th April 2005, 07:28 PM
I'm Just glad the MIGHTY NSW BLUES are getting there games played without any Problems :D

Well done NSW =D>

And I've noticed you're still having fun and a niggle at each other :roll: :D

QLD the excuss state :roll:

Don't you mean the Victorian here :wink: living in Qld 8)

Terry.

3oneday
8th April 2005, 07:40 PM
Terry.ummm, now i'm with him, huh, whose T-shirt ???

Jarro
8th April 2005, 08:18 PM

now look what you've started you melon-head :P

better clear all this up before we waffle on endlessly trying to work out what the hell you were trying to say :roll: :lol:

3oneday
8th April 2005, 08:25 PM

better clear all this up before we waffle on endlessly trying to work out what the hell you were trying to say :roll: :lol:who :?: :?:

Jarro
8th April 2005, 08:31 PM

better clear all this up before we waffle on endlessly trying to work out what the hell you were trying to say :roll: :lol:who :?: :?:

you :roll:

3oneday
8th April 2005, 09:14 PM
you :roll:oh, the " done it all" bit :?: seriously, you guys don't get that :?: :?: crikeys, hope the next PM aint residing up that way :P :roll:

I'll let ewes mull it over for a day or so....

You serious :?: :?:

:roll: Pete :roll:

terryand
8th April 2005, 09:26 PM
i hope your not gunna mention the old 'give him some easy ones then make him putt a hard one' trick.done it all ?? maybe you should be starting a "how to play matchplay" thread :?:

:P :twisted: :wink: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: did I mention :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Pete my mistake I missed these :oops:

Terry.

AndyP
9th April 2005, 01:09 PM
No sh*t, sherlock. Who said I was trying to win it?
I'm trying to enjoy both the McLeod Cup and the matchplay. Playing them both at the same time will take the enjoyment away from one of them.

let's get this thing done and dusted already
Last time I checked, there were plenty of Rd 1 matches to be completed. How about you start putting pressure on those guys to get their matches finished, before you worry about a Rd 2 match?

I feel sorry for your partners. You don't seem to take 'no' for an answer.

terryand
9th April 2005, 04:01 PM
I don't think it matters if it is a round 1 match or a semi,if both players are at the course,play the bloody thing.

I thought this was meant to be a fun thing on the side.
I know I'm not going to play a social round just to play a matchplay game.

If it doesn't happen in conjunction with comp round it ain't gunna happen(for me),so were does that leave us :?:

Terry.

3oneday
9th April 2005, 05:39 PM
If it doesn't happen in conjunction with comp round it ain't gunna happen(for me),so where (sorry) does that leave us :?: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

terryand
9th April 2005, 10:34 PM
If it doesn't happen in conjunction with comp round it ain't gunna happen(for me),so where (sorry) does that leave us :?: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Trry.

Iain
10th April 2005, 01:13 AM
Why don't you rename this thread, to lets bash AndyP?? :? :?

If he doesn't want to play the matchplay then so be it..... :roll: :roll:

Jarro
10th April 2005, 06:43 AM

hell, we're not just bashing PeeDiddy :roll:

we're simply saying, if it's good enough for the rest of us to play our matches at McLeod .. why not him as well :?: We do want to get these 1st round matches out of the way as soon as we can .. and with the size of the field we have.... it's a perfect opportunity to tidy up a lot of them.

If we all wanted to concentrate soley on the comp, we could all choose not to play any matchplay matches ... .and arrange to play our opponents in a social round somewhere else at a later date.

AndyP
10th April 2005, 09:33 AM
I don't think it matters if it is a round 1 match or a semi,if both players are at the course,play the bloody thing.
We've already had a case where this didn't happen.

If it doesn't happen in conjunction with comp round it ain't gunna happen(for me),so were does that leave us :?:
Never said I wasn't going to play it in conjunction with a comp, just the McLeod Cup. However, it was my preference to play it in a social round, so I could play a proper matchplay match.
I thought the good thing about this idea was that some of us could play some proper matchplay, that hadn't really played it before. I've only played 4, and really enjoyed it.
But if we can't, then that's fine.

We do want to get these 1st round matches out of the way as soon as we can ..
I'll say it again....Round 2. It's not like there is an opponent waiting for us in the next round.

hell, we're not just bashing PeeDiddy :roll:
Read the whole thread from start to finish. It is a bashing.

Any chance of me enjoying playing this matchplay event we have, is close to gone, so it's looking more and more likely that Terry might get a walkover. (Not that I have done anything outside of our rules)

3oneday
10th April 2005, 02:26 PM

bashing :?: :?: I think it only went the other way on this page and the last, take your own advice, have a re read :wink: :wink:

then chill a little, maybe :!: :!: :D

Pete

terryand
10th April 2005, 05:56 PM
I think we better stop the sledge for a couple of days...

I think AP might be a bit fragile after his team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory :oops:

And BTW,I read all my previous post and can not see anything but good hearted sledging,no heartless bashing.

I don't think with my sledging, I have even come close to G69er's day to day average post :?

Terry.

Jarro
10th April 2005, 08:32 PM
you're right Tezza ..... this thread is getting a little boring :smt015

terryand
10th April 2005, 09:06 PM
I think we better stop the sledge for a couple of days...

I think AP might be a bit fragile after his team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory :oops:

And BTW,I read all my previous post and can not see anything but good hearted sledging,no heartless bashing.

I don't think with my sledging, I have even come close to G69er's day to day average post :?

Terry.

Hey...how did I get dragged into this trash talk thread (albeit very amateurish trash talk) ? :?
I haven't even made contact with my first round opponent...have a crack at me ! :x

Say no more.....Thanks 69'er,you can't help yourself :wink: right on que 8)

Terry.

AndyP
11th April 2005, 10:09 AM
No problem with sledging.
By bashing, I mean a constant barrage, not the actual content of individual posts.

Hang on, when did the Swans first hit the lead in Saturday night's match. :P
BTW, we was robbed. Damn white maggots. :evil: :wink:

davidp
11th April 2005, 10:46 AM

Actually, andyp, they were not white maggots. They were in neon yellow, which makes them diseased white maggots. :wink:

I agree, some of the umpiring in that match was questionable, at best.

Fishman Dan
11th April 2005, 10:55 AM

Actually, andyp, they were not white maggots. They were in neon yellow, which makes them diseased white maggots. :wink:

Davey - which match are you referring to?

The Hall free kick was definately there. Brisbane can't whinge about the final free/goal, it's the 6 other goals conceded that quarter that was the problem ;)

But the Hawk's were definately robbed - sure the benefit of TV replay reveals that, but it came off a Hawk last. Mind you if he was gutsier he would have dived on the ball or gone at it with his hands. Another instance where having 2 goal umpires would not have made a difference.

AndyP
11th April 2005, 10:59 AM

I was actually talking about a goal umpire in the Hawthorn v Essendscum match.

As for the Lions v Swans match, it was hugely over-umpired. I thought the umpiring was disgraceful and only fuelled the player's anger.
However, the final free kick was there.

AndyP
11th April 2005, 11:03 AM
Another instance where having 2 goal umpires would not have made a difference.
Not sure. If there was another goal umpire there, you would assume they would have been at the opposite goal post to what the other guy was at. This would put them right on the spot where it happened.

Why can't we have video umpiring for decisions on goals? It's not like it would affect the flow of play.

terryand
11th April 2005, 04:55 PM

Did the Swan beat my team did they :smt017

I didn't know the swans beat the Broncs :smt102

terry.

Jarro
11th April 2005, 05:32 PM
Did the Swan beat my team did they :smt017

I didn't know the swans beat the Broncs :smt102

nice one Tezza 8)

AndyP
31st May 2005, 09:10 AM
Well, the match has been and gone and the result is in.

Congratulations to Terry on his 3 and 2 win. =D>

Pretty sure neither of us would be too happy with the way we were hitting it on the day. But at least one of us is happy with the way they performed around the greens. There was a gaping chasm between our short games.

Terry was great at getting his chips close, and sinking every putt within a few metres.
I was having multiple greenside chips per hole. :oops:

The saving grace for me was my par 3s. Hit some really good T-shots on a few of them.
After being 3 down through 7, it could have been easy to throw in the towel. But I hung in there, but could never pull more than the one hole back.

There were several holes where we had a good battle, but Terry was good enough to hold me off. I particularly enjoyed the match's finishing hole, the par 3, 7th at Dormie 3, where both of us fired great tee shots away at the pin. 8)

Well done, Tez. As soon as you find out who your opponents are, I'll help you verbally "bash" them. ;) (I'd prefer to be beaten by the future champ, than someone that gets knocked out in the next round)

Jarro
31st May 2005, 09:53 AM
oh, so now that you've been knocked out, it's OK for the verbal bashing to continue [-X

AndyP
31st May 2005, 10:00 AM
oh, so now that you've been knocked out, it's OK for the verbal bashing to continue  [-X
Didn't see the moderator stopping it before.  :roll: :P

Jarro
31st May 2005, 10:02 AM
watch me this time :wink:

Iain
31st May 2005, 11:55 AM
Well done, Tez. As soon as you find out who your opponents are, I'll help you verbally "bash" them. ;) (I'd prefer to be beaten by the future champ, than someone that gets knocked out in the next round)

Going to verbally bash Keza hey??!!!! :P

AndyP
31st May 2005, 11:59 AM
You guys did see the wink at the end of the sentence, didn't you?

Verbal bashing will not be tolerated in this forum. :wink: (note wink)

3oneday
31st May 2005, 12:33 PM
You guys did see the wink at the end of the sentence, didn't you?

Verbal bashing will not be tolerated in this forum.   :wink:  (note wink)or it could be construed as a veiled crack (although thinly) at Mr Jarro going down to Keza (so to speak :oops: ) 8 and 7 in their match 8) 8)

Pete

terryand
31st May 2005, 02:43 PM
watch me this time  :wink:

I don't think any of us here want to "verbally bash" Keza :lol:

Unless she starts it of course :wink:

Terry.

BrisVegas
31st May 2005, 03:01 PM
But at least one of us is happy with the way they performed around the greens.  There was a gaping chasm between our short games.

Are you referring to Goughy's bum as he putted side saddle ?? :lol: :wink:

No offence Goughy, I couldn't just couldn't leave the words "gaping chasm" out there untouched....

drunken
31st May 2005, 04:03 PM
:smt078 many images i didnt want to see just then....