PDA

View Full Version : 25th anniversary of State of Origin.

Courty
6th April 2005, 08:27 PM
OK People...

Most of us know where each others loyalties lie. But now's the time to wear your hearts on your sleeves (and I don't mean by voting on this poll). I propose that everyone change their avatar to reflect the state that they support. I have already changed mine to give you an example.

QLD supporters are welcome to a copy of this one of they can't find any others.

On another note, I will be flying to down for game 1, so if any other Ozgolf members (QLD supporters only :wink: ) are going to be there, let me know so I might be able to meet some more of you in person.

damoocow
6th April 2005, 08:38 PM
Courty - you might want to change this thread - it is actually the 26th year of origin,

damoocow

markTHEblake
6th April 2005, 08:44 PM
All polls should include a "I couldnt give a rats bum" option.

Jarro
6th April 2005, 08:47 PM
QUEENSLANDER

:smt023

990B Luva
6th April 2005, 08:48 PM
i am supporting the NUMBER 1 TEAM so someone PM me a better avatar and i will use it

Jarro
6th April 2005, 08:50 PM
i am supporting the NUMBER 1 TEAM so someone PM me a better avatar and i will use it

.. just copy mine Brett :wink:

Courty
6th April 2005, 09:03 PM
All polls should include a "I couldnt give a rats bum" option.

Come on, Blakey. Now is not the time for sitting on the fence! Since you live in God's Country, I'll pronounce you an honorary Cane Toad!

markTHEblake
6th April 2005, 09:14 PM
i first moved to qld 30 years ago. followed league for a little while, then realised its a stupid game, and stopped watching after the first origin game, when a fat old man led a team of sydney club players to a minor victory and we proclaimed Qld as the best in the sport - what a joke.
In those days (before origin) even the NSW reserves got to play for australia.

for the record i have always supported the NSW becuase they had the best competition. but i truly dont care and the last game i ever saw was in 1985

Courty
6th April 2005, 09:19 PM
but i truly dont care

Fine by me. But if you can't support the state you live in, GET THE HELL OUT! :wink: :P

markTHEblake
6th April 2005, 10:53 PM
I do support the State that i live in. Its the game i dont care about not the state.

Onewood
7th April 2005, 12:17 AM
Fine by me. But if you can't support the state you live in, GET THE HELL OUT! :wink: :P

The state would fall apart if we BLUEs left :D

NSW

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

I also think the MIGHTY BLUES WILL WIN 3 to 0

BLUES FOR EVER :D

cazandpaul
7th April 2005, 04:19 AM
Blues 3-0 :D

Jarro
7th April 2005, 05:00 AM

NSW

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

you're gonna be one popular fella up there in far NQ Onewood :roll:

i think they hate cockroaches more up there than we do down here :lol:

Courty
7th April 2005, 06:19 AM
you're gonna be one popular fella up there in far NQ Onewood :roll:
i think they hate cockroaches more up there than we do down here :lol:
Damn straight, Jarro. Visiting cockroaches, we put up with, but those who try to move in permanently get exterminated! :twisted:

The state would fall apart if we BLUEs left
No, it wouldn't. But it would be a much nicer place to live. (I'd rather the Victorians buggered off first though).

terryand
7th April 2005, 03:09 PM

NSW

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

Don't forget Kev....you gave life to a 6 year old Queenslander :wink:

Terry.

Jarro
7th April 2005, 04:45 PM
Don't forget Kev....you gave life to a 6 year old Queenslander :wink:

true story Tezza

.. i just went to the dunny and gave life to a 1/2Lb NewSouthWelshman :shock: :P :lol:

Fishman Dan
7th April 2005, 05:44 PM
You can be optimistic, but let's just get a little 'realistic'.

The Blues should waltz this in.

And no, Carmichael Hunt is not a QLD'er. Chances are he played his first league game on Bondi Beach.

Courty
7th April 2005, 05:50 PM
And no, Carmichael Hunt is not a QLD'er.

He's no more a Cane Toad than Sonny-Dill is a cockroach. We don't need Hunt anyway. There is a plethora of Maroon talent in the fullback position...

Fishman Dan
7th April 2005, 05:57 PM
And no, Carmichael Hunt is not a QLD'er.

He's no more a Cane Toad than Sonny-Dill is a cockroach. We don't need Hunt anyway. There is a plethora of Maroon talent in the fullback position...

Sonny-Jim has stated he wants to play league for NZ which is the best thing for the game.

And we don't need him ;)

mike
7th April 2005, 07:12 PM
I've lived in qld for 19 years but always go for the blues at state of origin time.
Any other sport , go queensland.

.. i just went to the dunny and gave life to a 1/2Lb NewSouthWelshman :shock: :P :lol:

Jarro , did you actually go to the trouble of weighing it ?

Man, that is sick. :x

terryand
7th April 2005, 07:18 PM
I've lived in qld for 19 years but always go for the blues at state of origin time.

:smt046 http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif :smt046 http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif :smt046 http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif :smt046 http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif :smt046 http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Good to see ya back Mike :smt023

Terry.

CobraSS
7th April 2005, 08:40 PM

:lol:

damoocow
7th April 2005, 09:27 PM
Courty - you might want to change this thread - it is actually the 26th year of origin,

damoocow

Onewood
7th April 2005, 11:18 PM

NSW

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

Thats better a bit more BLUE on this page now :wink: :D

Courty
8th April 2005, 07:35 AM

The state would be better off if you COCKROACHES left :D

QUEENSLAND

GO YOU MIGHTY MAROONS

MIGHTY MAROONS WILL WIN 3 to 0

QUEENSLAND FOR EVER :D

Thats better a bit more BLUE on this page now :wink: :D

There. That should even it up a bit... :wink: :wink: :wink:

You might want to change this thread - it is actually the 26th year of origin

I heard you the first time. 8) However, on NRL.com, QRL website etc, they all say 25, not 26. If this year is the 26th, then how come there was no 25 year hype during last years series? :?: :?

AndyP
8th April 2005, 07:57 AM
You might want to change this thread - it is actually the 26th year of origin

I heard you the first time. 8) However, on NRL.com, QRL website etc, they all say 25, not 26. If this year is the 26th, then how come there was no 25 year hype during last years series? :?: :?
Because it would be 25 years since it started, making it the 26th time it has been played.

Courty
8th April 2005, 01:24 PM
Because it would be 25 years since it started, making it the 26th time it has been played.

Ok, everyone's going all 'new millenium argument' on me, so I've changed it...

I still don't see any supporting avatars :oops: Come one fellas, where's your patriotism? :?

Fishman Dan
8th April 2005, 02:32 PM
I still don't see any supporting avatars :oops: Come one fellas, where's your patriotism? :?

Because no one truly believes you.... :wink:

Fishman Dan
8th April 2005, 02:58 PM
By the way, the caption to this photo is;

Jubilation: Blues five-eighth Shaun Timmins leaps with joy as his field goal sails over to win the match at Telstra Stadium last night

Even with his back turned, you still guess what Prince is saying....

Courty
8th April 2005, 08:54 PM

I didn't know Prince was a prop forward... :roll:

Fishman Dan
10th April 2005, 06:40 AM

I didn't know Prince was a prop forward... :roll:

"Price" then :roll: :lol:

Either way - he was on the LOSING team ;) :lol: