PDA

View Full Version : On Course Management School

Daves
1st May 2010, 10:07 AM
Has anyone done one of these courses or similar? Are they worthwhile? sounds like a reasonable way to spend an afternoon!

http://www.drummondclub.com/golf-days/view-all-golf-days/details/119-on-course-management-school-qld-mixed.html

Lucasto23
1st May 2010, 09:50 PM
wouldn't playing nine holes with your pro be the same thing and probably cheaper ;)

It's a good learning experience especially around your home course and could help shave a shot or two :)

Daves
2nd May 2010, 09:36 AM
wouldn't playing nine holes with your pro be the same thing and probably cheaper ;)

It's a good learning experience especially around your home course and could help shave a shot or two :)

Will have to ask my Pro what it would cost next time I see him, but I would think it would be more expensive unless we can organise it as a group, similar to the Drummond Club arrangement.

sms316
2nd May 2010, 09:38 AM
Expect to pay about $200 for a nine hole playing lesson. Although you would be the only student.

Grunt
2nd May 2010, 10:06 AM
I am lucky that I have a mates that are pros and have played a few games with them and they have passed course management tips to who ever we have played comps with after the round without fail or cost. Can't say it has helpped me much but that may be because I didn't listen :)

markTHEblake
2nd May 2010, 01:01 PM
Expect to pay about $200 for a nine hole playing lesson. Although you would be the only student.

at least, on the gold coast more like $400. You can only do these on a 'quiet' golf course which means resort. Then you need to pay the Pro's green fee, as well as yours, then his hourly rate.

It does make sense to do such lessons as a group.t

Bruce
2nd May 2010, 07:07 PM
Become good mates with your golf coach and take him out to play every so often. It's been working well for me.

grandmasterb
2nd May 2010, 07:32 PM

HOLY CRAP that's 5 times what it would cost here!!!

henno
2nd May 2010, 07:33 PM
HOLY CRAP that's 5 times what it would cost here!!!

I'd hate to be a coach where you are then. $40 for two hours work? No thanks.

Ferrins
9th March 2015, 07:29 PM
"Golf is not a game of distance" that's worth $200. Bubba,JB and Dustin must of missed that tip.

Hux
9th March 2015, 09:39 PM
"Golf is not a game of distance" that's worth $200. Bubba,JB and Dustin must of missed that tip.

True its a game of distance control where the guy with the greatest distance and control is in front.