PDA

View Full Version : Driver shaft connectors - user experience

idgolfguy
30th April 2010, 05:23 PM
Anyone tried the adaptors - eg Club Conex?

Thinking about going down this path instead of the I-Mix method. The adaptors are easily obtained and at a cheap price.

MegaWatty
30th April 2010, 05:34 PM
Tourfit will advise why they're no good. I can't remember.

MegaWatty
30th April 2010, 06:17 PM
This is probably why:

The adapters will add an average of 3.0 swing weight points to a finished club. To minimize the additional weight we suggest that you use heads that are 3-4 grams lighter if possible.

We suggest that you add an additional 1.25” to the recommended tip trimming instructions in order to make up for the lack of shaft insertion within the hosel.

We also suggest that you use grips of at least 52 grams. Lighter weight grips will yield a heavier and less desirable swing weight.

adlo
1st May 2010, 07:15 PM
No love for the i-mix?

What are you going to do with the FT-iz?

idgolfguy
1st May 2010, 11:26 PM
Not sure yet about the head. Both Fubuki and YSQ 's are nice shafts.

I bought an i-mix Ft-5 tour with reg ust v2 hl and another adaptor. Don't know what to do with the ust yet. I will take out the E360 X out of my fixed Ft-5 and replace it with a green NVS or something else.

Might get TourFit to take the adaptor of the ust too. Will see when the gear gets here.

TourFit
1st May 2010, 11:55 PM
This is probably why:

The adapters will add an average of 3.0 swing weight points to a finished club. To minimize the additional weight we suggest that you use heads that are 3-4 grams lighter if possible.

We suggest that you add an additional 1.25” to the recommended tip trimming instructions in order to make up for the lack of shaft insertion within the hosel.

We also suggest that you use grips of at least 52 grams. Lighter weight grips will yield a heavier and less desirable swing weight.

Impressive, grasshopper !!!!