PDA

View Full Version : Fubuki I-Mix shafts

terrys
27th April 2010, 02:49 PM
Has anyone ever removed the i-mix adaptor from a shaft and used that shaft in something else? How difficult is it? Will just a bit of heat do?

Also, are the Fubuki shafts in the Callaway clubs an OEM version, or the same as the version from Mitsubishi?

thanks

adlo
27th April 2010, 09:03 PM
Both an OEM and a Mitsu version exist. Some US Ebay sellers sell them at the same price. Buy the TOUR version in the right weight and you have yourself a genuine article. The OEM versions tend to be 60g.

TourFit removed an i-mix tip for me, for the shaft to be re-used. Heat and a bit of TLC and it came off pretty easily.

If you want to sell the tip, PM me, I'll take it off your hands for the right price.

terrys
27th April 2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks Adlo. I'm after the Tour 63 version in stiff. I've noticed on the bay that the I mix shafts are way cheaper than the raw models. If i go down this route I will let you know.

idgolfguy
29th April 2010, 03:47 PM
Did some reading on the differences. The shaft with black writing is the same as the after market model. As long as it has the 3 diamond logo and 5xct on the shaft there us no difference other than the tip size.

Red writingis the cheap OEM shaft that is substandard.

virge666
29th April 2010, 06:40 PM
Anyone know where to buy OEM IMix adapters... even eBay can't help it seems...

fredstar
29th April 2010, 08:16 PM
Tiger has a Fubuki in his driver this week at Quail Hollow.....prices just went up!

adlo
29th April 2010, 09:52 PM
Anyone know where to buy OEM IMix adapters... even eBay can't help it seems...

Nowhere!

Buy some cheap i-mix shafts and remove the adapters. It is the only way!

terrys
29th April 2010, 10:18 PM
Did some reading on the differences. The shaft with black writing is the same as the after market model. As long as it has the 3 diamond logo and 5xct on the shaft there us no difference other than the tip size.

Red writingis the cheap OEM shaft that is substandard.

Found the same info. thanks.