PDA

View Full Version : Lie angles on my stix

Daggs
26th April 2010, 11:28 PM
Im playing TM LT's and i recon my 3.4 and 5 irons are a little to upright for me and i was told the other day that the LT's cant be bent.
I hope they can be im starting to tap it quite nicely with 6 iron down
Can some one confirm if this is correct please.

TheNuclearOne
26th April 2010, 11:44 PM
They can be but it's risky and difficult business and many won't take them on for fear of breakage. You'd want some top tools and experience. I'd email TM if possible and see what they say.

Daggs
26th April 2010, 11:49 PM
They can be but it's risky and difficult business and many won't take them on for fear of breakage. You'd want some top tools and experience. I'd email TM if possible and see what they say.

Cheers mate not really what i was hoping for but ill suss it out further.

Chris32
27th April 2010, 01:50 PM
Daggs, Chris West at the driving range at o'hallaran hill will bend anything. He is a good bloke and will give his honest thoughts about what to do

Daggs
27th April 2010, 05:12 PM
Cheers Chris all but forgot about the range and Tims floating around here at times DOH.......

TheNuclearOne
27th April 2010, 06:23 PM
Let us know how you get on mate.

Daggs
27th April 2010, 07:52 PM
Let us know how you get on mate.

Will do. Im really liking these bats but whats the point if the angles arnt right and im not getting the best i can get out of them.

Daggs
2nd May 2010, 09:21 AM
I rang Chris West at the Range the other day and he said he has done it before and can do so .

But they are a strange animal some will go reasonably easy some will be a pig , and he has actually had a couple that have returned to there original position over night.

So he likes to check them next day.

Im going to head over there when i can and see how we go.

TheNuclearOne
2nd May 2010, 10:07 AM
Excellent news.

moree golfer
3rd May 2010, 10:52 AM
I rang Chris West at the Range the other day and he said he has done it before and can do so .

But they are a strange animal some will go reasonably easy some will be a pig , and he has actually had a couple that have returned to there original position over night.

So he likes to check them next day.

Im going to head over there when i can and see how we go.
Daggs, is that his experience with all irons or in particular the clubs you have? I am looking to find someone to increase the lies on my Mizzy T-Zoids soon and would be good to know that it would be worth leaving them with the person who does it to check the next day.

Daggs
3rd May 2010, 02:47 PM
Daggs, is that his experience with all irons or in particular the clubs you have? I am looking to find someone to increase the lies on my Mizzy T-Zoids soon and would be good to know that it would be worth leaving them with the person who does it to check the next day.

Was talking about the TM RAC LT's but i think he was referring to most stainless heads (i think).

He's in Adelaide but im sure some one on here will point you in the right direction in your area.

If these couldnt be bent was thinking of going Mizzy MX 23s or 25s or similar. Good luck with yours MG

Chris32
3rd May 2010, 03:43 PM
My Titleist 755 were the same, I had the lies bent from 1 flat to 2 up and a few went back to 0 and had to be re-done. Its to do with the stainless steel having memory

Good to hear you can get them sorted mate. I have only been there a few times, living on the other side of town makes it hard, but he is a top bloke!

Daggs
3rd May 2010, 07:42 PM
Good to hear you can get them sorted mate. I have only been there a few times, living on the other side of town makes it hard, but he is a top bloke!

It will be good Chris its just a matter of getting there .... Must be getting old :lol: dont feel like driving a 500 k round trip much any more :) . One day soon i hope.

Chris32
4th May 2010, 10:20 AM
If you know the specs why not post them there and get them to post them back? Cheaper than driving thats for sure

Daggs
4th May 2010, 04:40 PM
Thought of that should just tape em and find some thing to swing em on and send them down with tape on so he can read that maybe.

Might ring him back and find out whats best for him.....

Flavzz
4th May 2010, 06:29 PM
+1 for Chris West Daggs, I have a couple mates who have been to see him and were very impressed with his work.