PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 4 April 2005

cazandpaul
4th April 2005, 03:36 PM
33 points today - hopefully NTP (34cm 8) ) - just can't seem to have a break through round. No golf until Sunday :evil:

Caz won her business ladies medal on Saturday with net 72 (par 73).

Flowergirl
4th April 2005, 04:37 PM
Hope you get that NTP Paul. Well done to Caz on her win. :D

Played yesterday with a group of guys and gals - I met through ISG. Very very windy - no pars - one triple - the rest bogeys.
48 +47 = 95 ( 37+37=74) Didn't play all that well - sore back - but my putting saved me - never thought I'd report that.
Nice couple from ISG..hopefully will get them to have a look at us here at Ozgolf. Need some more Victorians. :twisted:

jimandr
5th April 2005, 09:30 PM
35pts at Carnarvon today, playing matchplay against Coffs_Hacker. For those interested in the match, see the 1st tee thread.

The matchplay was more important than the strokeplay, but we were playing in the comp, so we kept score. We weren't playing gimmes. A couple of times I had short putts that didn't matter, and missed them. I may have missed them in a straight stroke play as well, but I may not have done. Who knows.

I played Ok without actually playing well. On our second nine my short game worked quite well, with a couple of good up and downs.

Fairways: 7 of 14 (not good)
Greens: 9 GIR of 18, one birdie
Putts: 34, 2 three putts, one from about 80 feet.
Up and down: 4 of 9

Next game is at Bayview, on cored and sanded greens. I'll be treating it as a practice round for ball striking.

Coffs_Hacker
6th April 2005, 09:42 AM
Same day a Jim yesterday, all i can say is good bye Mr $19.95 rebel sports putter :twisted:

I had 34pts for the day 2 wipes and 3 1pts.
(Jim had me down as 33 on the Card, no wonder he won when he was scoring LOL). Alot better than my last round 5weeks ago when i shot 105 :cry:

Fairways: 9 of 14
Greens: 11 GIR of 18, one birdie
Putts: 39 (roughly give or take 1)

Onewood
6th April 2005, 12:05 PM
Wed comp with Mathew today

Onewood 40-35 75 - 5 =70
Mathew 39-36 75 - 3 = 72

Very happy with the way I'm striking it 8)

AndyP
6th April 2005, 12:09 PM
Is this hot streak going to end, Kev? :shock:

Onewood
6th April 2005, 12:10 PM

After Mcleod I hope :wink: :D

Onewood
6th April 2005, 12:17 PM

What do you mean hot streak...nett 70 would be higher than the ccr at Logan...he's not even playing to his handicap.
[-(

Very windy today, I was club house leader when I left :wink: I'm shooting gross scores, that you would love as nett scores g69 :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The greens are coming back nicely 8) you should come and have a hit on wed the 20th [thats the wed after the club champs] they will be awesome :P

Onewood
6th April 2005, 01:15 PM
The greens are coming back nicely 8) you should come and have a hit on wed the 20th [thats the wed after the club champs] they will be awesome :P
Sorry, mideweek golf...what's that ? Any chance you can get yourself a haircut and a job ?

Don't you have sickies :roll:

McMw
6th April 2005, 11:06 PM
40 yesterday on the back, 40 today on the front...ugh..

lost 10 bucks to mate...

was 1stroke up after the 8th, and clunked my t shot on the 9th into the pond in front of the green....and missed my bogey putt (he made par) to lose by 1...

oh well...doesn't matter...drove well, using the belly putter...don't think I'm used to it yet, so will prob bring the broomie back out tomorrow...and I'll try to win the 10bucks back some other day...

I am afterall trying to sell him the nike4wood... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flowergirl
7th April 2005, 02:36 PM
Week 5 of pennant. Played at Portsea. We lost - again :cry:
I was playing pretty good - was three up - and then the wheel fell off - not metaphorically- literally - the wheel fell off my buggy.
:?
Portsea is very hilly and my back is a bit crook at the moment and my caddy is old :shock: - so it was a bit hard trying to nurse the injured buggy around. It took about four holes to get another one from the pro shop - and it did effect my focus. We ended up square and stayed square with two holes to go. She won the next and I won the last ( a lovely par for me) to finish square.
She plays off 17 and has played pennant for about 10 years - so although I'm disappointed I suppose I'm happy with the draw ( No I'm not - I'm really pis&ed off.!!!)
:twisted:

cazandpaul
8th April 2005, 04:14 AM
Reenie - luckily the end result was not your fault as it was the caddies error in not ensuring the equipment was up to scratch :D - a certain amount of chastising :shock: and many trips to the bar 8) to celebrate a certain moral victory :D

Flowergirl
8th April 2005, 09:17 AM
Reenie - luckily the end result was not your fault as it was the caddies error in not ensuring the equipment was up to scratch :D - a certain amount of chastising :shock: and many trips to the bar 8) to celebrate a certain moral victory :D

Actually it was all my fault..........I was over zealously stepping out a distance.......kicked at the wheel and it fell off.......and I fell over. Very funny really. :shock:

markTHEblake
8th April 2005, 09:46 AM
( No I'm not - I'm really pis&ed off.!!!)

thats how winners think, good on ya for getting into it.

Seve Ballesteros: "I look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, 'I am going to bury you."

Grunt
9th April 2005, 12:36 PM
Hi all

Played yesterday and today both very average rounds. No real highlights plenty of shockers.

But to top it off my partner rolled the golf cart on the 14th this morning, So I am one sore golfer; lucky to have no broken bones but am pretty bruised. The bar from the windscreen hit me in the chest, it only glanced me lucky enough, could have been way worse, Knee is sore and stiff with a few grass burns but otherwise ok.

Didn't know golf was a contact sport.

Hope next week is better

AndyP
9th April 2005, 01:43 PM
09/04/05, Nambour GC, Monthly Honours

Managed to avoid most of the rain today, although it was occasionally drizzly, and there was one big downpour that lasted 10 minutes or so.
Course is looking the best I have ever seen it. The new greenkeeper either cares more or knows his stuff more than the previous guy.

Pretty damn happy with my round today. I have never chipped so well from around the greens. Had a pretty so-so front nine, with a few doubles and a triple. +10.

However, the back nine was a different story. Was hitting it well off the tee, but couldn't quite get my approaches going, but it didn't matter because I kept getting it up and down.
Usually, when you play off a mid-range handicap, and you get near the end of a round or a nine, you're not too sure of your score, but have a general idea.
But today when I was on the 18th tee, I knew that I was +1 for the back nine, as I had only had one bogey.

18th, 322m, par 4, fairly steep uphill approaching the green.
'Focus, Andrew, focus, don't need anything special.'
Got my drive away nicely on the right side of the fairway, avoiding the palm on the left. Past the first hurdle (choked/screwed the drive on my last round there, when I knew I was going alright).

About 115m left, all uphill, unsighted green, pin at front centre.
'Better to be on the green and past the flag, than stuck off the front, I'll use an 8 iron. If I can hit this close and birdie, I'll be a chance to have a parred nine off the stick for the first time. Settle, get rid of those thoughts, no pressure. Nice and steady, now.'
Hit it fairly cleanly, but pushed it a fair bit right. Was worried it might be in a nasty area to recover from.

Greenside, pin high, slightly muddy surface, but ball sitting up, clear run to the flag about 15m away.
'OK, +1 for the nine is good, I can get up and down. +2 for the nine will still be my best, I'll be happy with that. Dr. Bob, remember Dr. Bob, it's just another shot, treat it the same as all the other chips today, focus on the target, trust your swing.'
Picked my target to the right of the flag, hit the chip just as I would have liked, watched it bounce, bobble, roll and slightly curl in the general direction of the flag. Drops in the side of the cup. Birdie, yes! Woohoo!

My best nine at Nambour, previously I think it was +4. The first nine I have ever equalled par. My previous best on any course, was +1 on the front nine at McLeod last year.
Also my best stroke score at Nambour (78 ), passing the 79 from my last round there.

Now that I have typed all this crap, maybe I should delete my ramblings. Imagine how bad it would be, if I was drinking. Oh well, I'll wear it.

Stats:
2/6, 6/6 -> 8/12 effective T-shots.
0/9, 3/9 -> 3/18 effective regulation approaches.
5/9, 5/5 -> 10/14 up & down from around the greens.
14, 12 -> 26 putts.
---------------
1 birdie.
11 pars.
2 bogeys.
3 doubles.
1 other.

Score 44-34-78 nett 65 (Par 34-34-68 )

markTHEblake
9th April 2005, 01:56 PM
Nice job man, now all you gotta do is break 80 on a man sized golf course.

Eag's
9th April 2005, 05:20 PM
Played Wantima in a Single Stab, thought the course may of been under water considering the amount of rain we have had, but it was fine.

Wen't out with a different approach today, no swing thoughts just tried to stay loose and watch the damn ball.

Had 38 points 80 of the stick 8)
15 on the front :( with 2 wipes OOB on the 2nd & 8th :evil:
23 on the back :D played the last 10 holes 1 over which I was very happy with :D

Greens 9
Fairways 8
Putts 33
Bunkers 0/3 :oops:
U&D 1\4 :oops:

amanda
9th April 2005, 05:25 PM
34 points today - could have easily been higher if I didn't hit my fairway woods so badly :cry: I might be sticking to irons tomorrow!

Trung
9th April 2005, 06:53 PM
31 points...

birdie on the first hole usually a sign of a bad score for me... and I was right :lol:

McMw
9th April 2005, 09:47 PM
had a decent game this afternoon....had 3 birdies in 4 holes in the 2nd nine, to get back to level the card, then as is the norm, hook the t shot on 8 to play a double...

all in all, 6 bad swings, and abt 4 so-so swings...

decided to change my mindsight...and went out there concentrating on getting 18GIRs (didn't come close, but it did make my focus easier)...

Fishman Dan
10th April 2005, 06:51 AM
31 points...

birdie on the first hole usually a sign of a bad score for me... and I was right :lol:

Same with me - i've had some of my worst scores after making birdie on the first?

AndyP
10th April 2005, 08:37 AM
Nice job man, now all you gotta do is break 80 on a man sized golf course.
What do you count as a man sized golf course? McLeod? Does a social round count? :wink:

Trung
10th April 2005, 12:13 PM
31 points...

Same with me - i've had some of my worst scores after making birdie on the first?

birdied the last hole today...
1 up 8)

Back to 6 if CCR is 72 [-o<

McMw
10th April 2005, 01:05 PM
I usually screw up after birdieing the first hole too... :lol:

wonder what happens if you birdie the first 2 holes??? should we pack it in??? :lol:

markTHEblake
10th April 2005, 04:39 PM
What do you count as a man sized golf course? McLeod? Does a social round count? :wink:

6400+ metres!

Pinglauncher
10th April 2005, 04:43 PM
-1 today. I double and triple checked this week Trung :wink:

What a weird round of golf. Was sitting +3 after 8 holes (played back nine first)and hitting the ball really well. Second shot on 18 hit the very top of the stupid tree in the middle of the fairway and dropped straight down, DEAD. Wiped hole. Proceeded to wipe 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 by 3 putting every one of them :oops: Found my swing at the last minute and finished strong.

The best thing to happen was my 12 year old son Nathan finished +3 and played beautifully. I was one proud Dad today. :D :D :D

Trung
10th April 2005, 06:00 PM
I usually screw up after birdieing the first hole too... :lol:

wonder what happens if you birdie the first 2 holes??? should we pack it in??? :lol:

I was 3 under after 4 once.... hcp was around 15/16 at the time...

I had weird thought of being on the tour.. Proceeded with 2 straight double on 5th and 6th :lol: :oops:

jimandr
10th April 2005, 08:10 PM
28 points in the Bayview Invitational today.

I was tempted to pretend the round didn't exist, and leave it out of the GameTracker stats, but 3 other Ozgolfers saw it.

I have hardly ever driven the ball worse, and the rest of the game wasn't much better. Its a sad day when my putting on sanded greens was the strongest part of my game.

These stats do not lie :(

Fairways: 2 of 13
GIR: 4 of 18, no birdies
Putts: 32, one three putt.
Up and down: 2 of 7
Sand Saves: 3 of 4.

If I play like this at The Vintage next week, I won't break the ton.

Courty
10th April 2005, 08:15 PM
Played at Mike's home course yesterday (Mareeba) in a 4-ball stableford event. My partner & I only had 42. The best score I am aware of was 49 pts :shock: . I personally had indifferent form on the front 9, probably scoring around 8 over and only getting on the card with pars on 1 & 9. But on the 2nd 9 I turned it on with +1 for the 9 including birdies on the par 5's (16 & 18 ). I also left my drive 2m short of the putting surface on the 298m par 4 15th hole. Unfortunately, I walked off with a par :roll: . I didn't manage to catch up with Mike, he must have been too busy with official Captain duties :wink: .

McMw
10th April 2005, 09:35 PM
well...I birdied the first hole today, and all I could think of was this thread!!! :lol:

stood on the 11th tee...put 3 balls to the right rough (very close to the OOBs)....luckily all three stayed in...made bogey from the crapper...

played okay on the first nine to be only 1 over the card...but had a +6 on the second nine....either it was too hot, or playing with three tired players dragged me down... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Virgal_Tracy
11th April 2005, 10:10 AM
1/4 finals of club matchplay yesterday. Began with a solid par on the par 3 1st to go one up. Halved 2 and won 3, 4, 5 & 7. Lost 8 and halved 9 to turn at 4 up.

Won 10 lost 12, won 13 lost 14 won 15 to finish at 5 & 3. After a horror round last week this was a return to form with some solid golf played out there. Hit 5/9 GIR with two others landing on the fringe.

Opponent (last years champion) admitted that I had forced him to change tactics as I was hitting GIR's where as he would normally aim to be on in 3 (remember we are C graders). This put too much pressure on him and he suffered.

Semi finals now in my first M'play compso hopefully am in good form for my match with Burger on Thursday for OzGolf m'play champs. Praying for consistency now and 2 good rounds in a row.

Flowergirl
11th April 2005, 12:22 PM
Played with our social group at my home course yesterday. REally windy.....had to play a five wood from where I'd normally play a seven iron and was still short :wink:
35 points.....not good - but hey - I've done a lot worse. Enough to win the ladies comp and longest drive.
Had a fun day with good friends.....what more could you want. :D

cazandpaul
12th April 2005, 04:15 AM
Reenie you are in a bit of form at the moment - time to play a few compsand get the handicap down 8)

Played 4 person ambrose on Sunday with Caz and another couple - can you believe 4 people can't putt on the same day :oops:

Next game Macleod.

amanda
12th April 2005, 04:57 AM
Great stuff Virgal! Good luck in the semis :)

Flowergirl
12th April 2005, 09:54 AM
Reenie you are in a bit of form at the moment - time to play a few compsand get the handicap down 8)

Played 4 person ambrose on Sunday with Caz and another couple - can you believe 4 people can't putt on the same day :oops:

Next game Macleod.

Can only take one day off for golf - and I'd rather play pennant than comp. Only two more weeks of pennant so then I'll give that handicap a shaking - Oh I only hope. :twisted:

BrisVegas
12th April 2005, 12:31 PM
Stats:
2/6, 6/6 -> 8/12 effective T-shots.
0/9, 3/9 -> 3/18 effective regulation approaches.
5/9, 5/5 -> 10/14 up & down from around the greens.
14, 12 -> 26 putts.

Score 44-34-78 nett 65 (Par 34-34-68 )

Good work Pippy. 8) I didn't think it was possible to miss 15 greens and shoot 78, but you proved me wrong... Glad your short game work/approach is paying off. Well done. =D>