PDA

View Full Version : Ewan Porter

Hawkers2008
26th April 2010, 12:24 PM
Great to see him win on the Nationwide tour today. It was a shame that he was struggling so much after his great perfomance in the 2008 Monnah Classic. Hopefully he has turned the corner and can win his way though to the main tour.

sms316
26th April 2010, 12:28 PM
He is a dead set tool of the highest order.

MegaWatty
26th April 2010, 12:31 PM
He is a dead set tool of the highest order.
Reasons?

sms316
26th April 2010, 12:32 PM
Reasons?

I've met the guy at work and he seemed to think the dress regulations didn't apply to him. Don't have any time for him at all.

MegaWatty
26th April 2010, 12:41 PM
He's a poster on iSeek. Well he was a month or two ago...

razaar
26th April 2010, 01:01 PM
I've met the guy at work and he seemed to think the dress regulations didn't apply to him. Don't have any time for him at all.
I think you both wear the same style of shorts.;)

Hawkers2008
26th April 2010, 01:05 PM
I don't know him personally but it doesn't surprise me that he has that kind of attitude. He wouldn't be on his own there sadly lots of pros behave like that. I imagine you would observe and bear the brunt of that a lot more than me. He is supposed to have a pretty bad temper - easily finished top in a golf mag survey of other Australian pros and in process relegated David Bransdon to being an also ran.

I like to see the Aussies go well and his performance at the Moonah event was so good shot mid 60s in an absolute gale when most of the field shot mid 70s and worse. It was a shame to see the games of him, Bowditch and Flannigan absolutely nosedive and I fear that Nitties might be going the same way.

Flavzz
26th April 2010, 03:06 PM
These accounts for his attitude and personality make sense now after seeing him playing at the Australian Masters last year...

Hooked his ball off the tee into the rough on a par 4 and had a terrible sandy lie. With a bush in front of him and a swale/raised green, u would be happy to get it out of the shit and up around the green. He hit a beautiful hook from about 150 around the bush and up to the top of the green which just rolled off the front edge but a great shot nonetheless. He then proceeded to have a little 'tiger'esqe tantrum because it didnt end up on the green. Swearing and carrying on. Me and the mates thought it was a top shot but I guess he has unrealistically high expectations..

Happy to see another Aussie win on the Nationwide but its a shame if these are the personalities some pro's carry with them..

Minor_Threat
26th April 2010, 03:53 PM
I know Ports personally and he is a great bloke.

In regards to not being happy with a shot that you thought was OK Flavzz, I don't have a problem with that, he obviously has higher standards than you do.

Flavzz
26th April 2010, 04:23 PM
I know Ports personally and he is a great bloke.

In regards to not being happy with a shot that you thought was OK Flavzz, I don't have a problem with that, he obviously has higher standards than you do.

MT, I understand mate that pros have much higher standards than me but if you had seen where he was you might have agreed with me.. With the contours of the green and what he had to work with, even by his lofty standards you have to take your medicine and cant be unrealistic about what can be achieved in certain situations even after perfect execution on his behalf... Kind of reminds me of Tiger at the masters and not being content with anything other than winning. You have to set the highest of goals to perform at your peak so I do understand it on that level..

Like I said I was very happy to see him win and he obviously has a lot of talent to beat all those guys on the nationwide.

What did you think of Jhonottan Vegas? Played some great recovery up and downs and some loose approach shots to get himself in those situations..

Flavzz
26th April 2010, 04:30 PM
interesting comments here after the win for Porter

'"It's definitely amazing when you don't throw clubs and don't get ahead of yourself," said Porter. "It's a big lesson learned in terms of demeanor and such and I've still got a lot to learn."

If he really gets a hold of his emotions he will hopefully do well for the rest of the year and get a card for the PGA Tour.

razaar
26th April 2010, 06:55 PM
Is this the guy who has weight issues?

Daves
26th April 2010, 07:14 PM

Definitely not Porter you are thinking of, probably Jarrod Lyle is who you have in mind.

Flavzz
26th April 2010, 07:15 PM
nah

razaar
26th April 2010, 07:23 PM
Checked his photo, definitely not the guy I had in mind.

sms316
26th April 2010, 07:26 PM

Perhaps you are thinking of Victorian, Adam Porker.

MegaWatty
26th April 2010, 07:46 PM
Euan Walters

razaar
26th April 2010, 07:55 PM
That's the pro I had in mind --Euan Walters. Thanks MW.:)

MegaWatty
26th April 2010, 08:08 PM
That's the pro I had in mind --Euan Walters. Thanks MW.:)
Played a Pro Am with him at The Vines a couple of years ago. Nice guy. Devout Christian. Struggled making it on Tour. He now looks after his kids whilst the Mrs earns the crust and occasionally goes on the Pro Am circuit.

Minor_Threat
26th April 2010, 08:27 PM
Played a Pro Am with him at The Vines a couple of years ago. Nice guy. Devout Christian. Struggled making it on Tour. He now looks after his kids whilst the Mrs earns the crust and occasionally goes on the Pro Am circuit.
Thanks for that info MW.. I used to play a lot with Euan. Its amazing how someone who made the US Tour can be doing what he is now...

MegaWatty
16th May 2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for that info MW.. I used to play a lot with Euan. Its amazing how someone who made the US Tour can be doing what he is now...

Looks like he likes the WA Pro-Am circuit.

Just went out and earned a nice $470 for a T5 at Hartfield. Can obviously still hit a ball alright!

Final scores are here (http://pganew.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=event-display&id=7044&tab=Results). The local boy took it out (tied) with a 4 under. I thought the Pro's would have given it a bit more of a touch up than that! Clearly a tough course. ;)

EDIT: Just had a look through the results and it looks like he's earned about $2500 so far on the WA Pro AM circuit with a few more to come!

Minor_Threat
17th May 2010, 05:20 PM
Looks like he likes the WA Pro-Am circuit.

Just went out and earned a nice $470 for a T5 at Hartfield. Can obviously still hit a ball alright!

Final scores are here (http://pganew.pga.org.au/default.aspx?s=event-display&id=7044&tab=Results). The local boy took it out (tied) with a 4 under. I thought the Pro's would have given it a bit more of a touch up than that! Clearly a tough course. ;)

EDIT: Just had a look through the results and it looks like he's earned about $2500 so far on the WA Pro AM circuit with a few more to come!
Thats not bad, but you can't live and travel off that!

virge666
17th May 2010, 05:32 PM
Thats not bad, but you can't live and travel off that!

That is the story for all the tours in this country, isn't it ?

Minor_Threat
17th May 2010, 06:13 PM
That is the story for all the tours in this country, isn't it ?
Pretty much, unless you still live at home and have no life!