PDA

View Full Version : Srixon Tour Yellow Review

petethepilot
21st April 2010, 05:50 PM
Played at Windaroo today. It was drizzling rain but otherwise ok. The course was standard Windaroo, good fairways, crap bunkers and generally good although very grainy greens. The rough was thick, wet and heavy.

I didn't play particularly well but hit the middle enough to do a comparison between the STY and my regular ball, Bridgestone Tour 330S.

My overall feeling is that the ball feels like a premium ball that is easier to see than the general white golf ball. It's distance is consistent although slightly shorter than the Bridgestone on the longer clubs (maybe 1/2 a club). It stopped generally well but is not a mad spinner (more like a B330RX or a Pro V1X). Full wedges stopped in 1 to 3 metres but chip shots didn't grab as aggressively on the second bounce as the 330S. The thing I disliked the most is that the ball felt heavy (not 'clicky') off the clubface of irons. The cover and paint seem to show pretty good durability as the cover was unmarked after 9 holes.

Would I use it? Yes, if I could buy a Bridgestone in the yellow. Otherwise, not. The paint job is great. The ball less so! IMHO

Pete