PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Anzac Monday

ParMaster
21st April 2010, 01:38 PM
Anyone in Sydney want a game on Anzac Monday somewhere?

Suggestions?

-------------
AndyP edit

NSWGC Scores
1. jimandr 34pts
2. ParMaster 33pts

AndyP
21st April 2010, 01:41 PM
ANZAC should be in uppercase.

just
21st April 2010, 01:57 PM
There are plenty of sources who disagree with you, especially when used in in conjunction with Anzac Day as opposed to the ANZAC forces. Sufficed to say it is in dispute and not as black and white as you portray.

PeteyD
21st April 2010, 02:31 PM
Underpants Gnomes.

just
21st April 2010, 02:33 PM
Underpants Gnomes.
Will they be marching in the parade or playing golf?

Grunt
21st April 2010, 02:34 PM
Sorry no can do.

AndyP
21st April 2010, 04:00 PM
There are plenty of sources who disagree with you, especially when used in in conjunction with Anzac Day as opposed to the ANZAC forces. Sufficed to say it is in dispute and not as black and white as you portray.
Cool. Let me know when text speak is completely acceptable too, m8.

3oneday
21st April 2010, 04:12 PM
w@nk3rs

just
21st April 2010, 06:26 PM
Cool. Let me know when text speak is completely acceptable too, m8.
Cool. Let me know when you have a grasp of the english language.;)

jimandr
21st April 2010, 09:33 PM
As this is a golf thread in a golf forum, I'll restrict my comments to the golf subject at hand.

I'm free to play if a game happens.

virge666
22nd April 2010, 09:17 AM
I am stinging for a game - but ANZAC day is more important than Christmas and Anniversaries in my world, so that just ain't going to happen.

But if anyone wants 9 holes at Royal Avalon - we should be there with glow in the dark balls for a 10:30pm (maybe 11pm) tee off. BYO bottle of Red.

All invited, I will even cover your green fees.

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 03:00 PM
I am stinging for a game - but ANZAC day is more important than Christmas and Anniversaries in my world, so that just ain't going to happen.

But if anyone wants 9 holes at Royal Avalon - we should be there with glow in the dark balls for a 10:30pm (maybe 11pm) tee off. BYO bottle of Red.

All invited, I will even cover your green fees.
ANZAC day is the Sunday Virge. The holiday is the Monday. You can play!

AndyP
22nd April 2010, 03:06 PM
I was going to say that, but didn't want to get pulled up on a technicality.

ParMaster
22nd April 2010, 03:22 PM
As this is a golf thread in a golf forum, I'll restrict my comments to the golf subject at hand.

I'm free to play if a game happens.

Does Bonnie Doon tickle your fancy at all?

;)

Grunt
22nd April 2010, 06:21 PM
Dont think they make the comp an open day on Public holidays Pup.

live4golf
22nd April 2010, 07:15 PM
I may be up for a game...need to clear it with Ground Control first :)...

live4golf
22nd April 2010, 07:18 PM
Be good to get the course nailed so I know what flight plans I need to lodge...

jimandr
22nd April 2010, 09:16 PM
Bonnie Doon tickles my fancy a lot, as I've never played there, but previous experience has shown us that they don't accept visitors on public holidays.

Another course I've never played might be a better option, though. Pup, Live4, anybody else prepared to make the journey to the new Lynwood course?

This could be a chance to have a good look at it.

virge666
22nd April 2010, 09:53 PM
ANZAC day is the Sunday Virge. The holiday is the Monday. You can play!

Let me give you my wife's number . . . you can discuss it and get back to me.

:)

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 10:50 PM
Let me give you my wife's number . . . you can discuss it and get back to me.

:)
I've already got it. ;)

ParMaster
22nd April 2010, 11:22 PM
Bonnie Doon tickles my fancy a lot, as I've never played there, but previous experience has shown us that they don't accept visitors on public holidays.

Another course I've never played might be a better option, though. Pup, Live4, anybody else prepared to make the journey to the new Lynwood course?

This could be a chance to have a good look at it.

Ahh that is correct Grunt/Jim.

Lynwood is a good option. I'd be keen for a hit there. Any idea if it's a comp?

I'd be keen for a game with you Live, so hopefully you can make it.

live4golf
23rd April 2010, 08:43 AM
I have been given clearance for take-off for Monday...keen to play Lynwood, looks a sensational course.

OK, so all we need now is a confirmed tee time...who has that honour?

Also, a mate of mine may be able to play if we only have the 3...

live4golf
23rd April 2010, 08:44 AM
Earliest tee time at Lynwood is 12:25 PM

KristianJ
23rd April 2010, 10:17 AM
Is it comp, PJ? I presume it is, but if it isn't, I'll be able to turn up most likely.

ParMaster
23rd April 2010, 04:44 PM
Live4, is it comp? If it isn't I'll pass sorry. I only play comp for the handicap.

Jim, if it isn't comp, I could invite you out to NSW if you wished. Or invite Live4 if you don't want to.

live4golf
23rd April 2010, 06:16 PM
I don't believe it is comp.

KristianJ
23rd April 2010, 06:23 PM
Well, I'll leave it up to you all to sort out what to do, but if Lynwood is still a goer and there's no comp, I'm in. If not, no worries...:)

ParMaster
23rd April 2010, 06:31 PM
Ok. Jim, let me know if you want a hit at NSW, otherwise I'll offer it to L4V.

L4V, you want a hit at NSW if Jim doesn't? You played there before?

jimandr
23rd April 2010, 06:58 PM
I wonder a bit about what Lynwood has said to Live4Golf. 12.25 sounds suspiciously like the first tee time after the comp. Perhaps he asked the wrong question, unless the comp has no vacant tee times?

I'm happy to call them again in the morning just to check.

If it doesn't work out, I'll let Live4 make the decision about NSW. If he wants to take it up, I'll let him, but if he doesn't, I'll accept.

I'll call Lynwood in the morning and then post here.

ParMaster
23rd April 2010, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a plan Jim. If it's comp, put me down please, as long as it's after 9:30 a.m (damn I can't wait till I get my P's). :)

ParMaster
23rd April 2010, 10:41 PM
I've booked me and one guest in for 9:27 at NSWGC for the monday. There will be 3 temps in play and one temporary hole (which is better than the hole it's replacing anyway)! We are playing with an Ex-Archibald prize winner (apparantly he won the archibald, only to be DQ'd).

Cost is EITHER 70 dollars or 35. And I say that because up untill my last game, they have been discounting guest fees by 50%. So I'm not sure if that's still the case for monday.

Going to take up the offer L4G? I'll PM you some more info you do.

jimandr
24th April 2010, 10:01 AM
I rang Lynwood to check.

I'll never doubt Live4Golf again, as I got an even worse message from Lynwood. They said there is no comp on, and the first available social tee time was 1.20pm.

So, Lynwood will have to wait for another day (maybe a Sunday over the next month?)

In one way this is good, as it shows a strong demand for the course among the social golfers of northwest Sydney. Good news for its long term survival.

The NSW ball is in L4's court, but I'll take up the NSW offer if he doesn't want it.

ParMaster
24th April 2010, 07:15 PM
Ok Jim.

So what's your final answer L4? Need to know ASAP mate.

Jim, I'll be happy to play Lynwood in a couple of weeks. Start the thread up when you are interested in playing there, and I'll see what I can do.

live4golf
24th April 2010, 09:23 PM
You play NSW Jim...I think there is a game being organised at The Springs with a few mates so I'll check that out, besides I woke up today with someone else's swing and I doubt that's a good thing for NSW

Pup, I'll join you for a game at NSW sometime, never played it....

ParMaster
24th April 2010, 09:26 PM
Ok cheers for that L4G. Jim, I'll PM you some details later.

jimandr
26th April 2010, 06:18 PM
My most grateful thanks to ParMaster for the invitation to NSW today. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, the company of the other two players and Pup's quite helpful advice of where to hit it on the blind shots.

I particularly enjoyed his advice on the 17th tee, which went something like ... "don't hit it left, don't hit it right, don't hit it long, and short isn't much good either".

For those interested in the scoring, I got 34 and Pup 33.

I didn't know we were equal coming down the last. If I had've, I would have been devastated to put my drive in the first fairway bunker (about 220m away, Pup said, so I thought it would be out of my range, even downwind. So, after blasting out about 50m, I was still behind his drive. I left my third pin high, but 5m off the (temporary) green almost in a bunker. Pup went through the back for two with something like a six iron. I chipped to about 10ft. Pup was aggressive, and chipped too firm, through the green, then couldn't hole his next. I did hole mine, for a 5 to his 6 after being behind his drive for two.

My highlights were a great 6 iron into the teeth of a very strong breeze to hit the green on the spectacular 5th and get a regulation par, and then a non-regulation par on the unreachable par 4 16th also into the wind, where I hit a controlled punch from 70m into the wind to 12 feet and holed it. The lower lights were the two three putt greens on 6 and 7 after hitting terrific shots to hit both greens in regulation.

I shouldn't steal Pup's thunder, but I will. Technically, he started two, two to be three under. The first was a temporary green about 240 away, his 3 wood drive was about 10m off the temp green, and he holed it for eagle. He said he wouldn't count it for his eclectic, though. The second was out of play, replaced by the spare hole, which he also birdied. We played it after the 16th, but it appears on the card in place of the 2nd. So a 2,2 start it is.

All in all, a very enjoyable day, on a still fabulous golf course, even with some temp greens.

ParMaster
27th April 2010, 03:56 PM
Nice writeup Jim.

I had to get a birdie on the last to lose a "." off my handicap, so I had to play very aggressively. It paid off untill I hit my bunker shot thin, followed by a crappy 20 foot attempt at birdie.

Thanks for the day Jim, was lots of fun.

Choppa
18th May 2010, 01:26 PM
Included in 2010 POTY