PDA

View Full Version : Glove Wear

matty
21st April 2010, 07:03 AM
Was reading something a while back that related to where your glove shows the most wear is dependant on what sort of shot you most often play. If you slice, hook, come from over the top and so on the worn areas can be different.

I'd like to know if it's normal for me to have a lot of wear on the thicker part of the left hand glove, about 4 or 5 centimeters below the little finger. Does anyone else wear their glove out in this area the most?

Bushka
21st April 2010, 09:19 AM
It depends what kind of dish's i'm washing.

boom boom...

Actually i wear my glove the most on my left hand first segment of my pointer finger just above the knuckle. Although i think that may have something to do with hitting gap wedges that have a chord grip.

henno
21st April 2010, 09:27 AM
My thumb (just near the crease of the joint) is always where I wear out first. In fact, my gloves get binned before wear starts on any other part of the glove.

Daves
21st April 2010, 09:31 AM
My thumb (just near the crease of the joint) is always where I wear out first. In fact, my gloves get binned before wear starts on any other part of the glove.

Me too, have a callous in that spot. I used to wear the glove in the lower palm region just below the life line till I got my grip right!

henno
21st April 2010, 09:34 AM
Me too, have a callous in that spot.

Yep. It used to constantly blister after practice, actually. Now it's a bit more hardy.

PeteyD
21st April 2010, 01:27 PM
Gloves are for soft hand nancy boys

MegaWatty
21st April 2010, 02:36 PM
I wear a glove for that exact reason!

Eag's
21st April 2010, 02:44 PM

Me too, have a callous in that spot. I used to wear the glove in the lower palm region just below the life line till I got my grip right!

+3 I have always worn out my gloves in the same spot. It can be a bit frustrating only wearing out such a small patch yet the rest of the glove is fine.

markTHEblake
21st April 2010, 06:24 PM

can you please keep your deviant lifestyle comments off this forum!

moree golfer
22nd April 2010, 07:27 PM
+3 I have always worn out my gloves in the same spot. It can be a bit frustrating only wearing out such a small patch yet the rest of the glove is fine.
Just get some Elastoplast and wrap it up lol. I get the same wear on my left thumb but I practice with no glove on. I would hit close to 150 balls a week, pretty much exclusively irons, and this is slowly hardening up and not blistering now. I do wear a glove playing comp but I am going to try no glove this Saturday, in the Monthly Mug ..gulp...

grandmasterb
24th April 2010, 08:03 PM
Im terrible with my grip and the amount i let the club move and stopped using a glove as i was blowing out a brand new FJ in a round :(

Across the base of the palm and the thumb for me.

Flavzz
26th April 2010, 03:51 PM
Im terrible with my grip and the amount i let the club move and stopped using a glove as i was blowing out a brand new FJ in a round :(

Across the base of the palm and the thumb for me.

wow that is some serious wear gmb

I am using the glove less and less these days. I used to use it on everything but the putter. Now I only use it on the driver and sometimes not at all(Freddy Couples style). All Irons/Fairways/Hybrid = no glove. I just find it helps me not to throttle the grip which I tend to do with the glove on.. I know it sounds stupid but I seem to hold it more relaxed without the glove, now hands are starting to calous up a bit. Soft nancy boy hands are dissapearing..

Bushka
27th April 2010, 09:51 AM
I need the glove because if I don't wear it with the amount of practice i'm doing I tend to get hands like a bricklayer.

moree golfer
27th April 2010, 10:04 AM
I am going to try no glove this Saturday, in the Monthly Mug ..gulp...
Not good without the glove, 79 nett, but I think it was more to do with my mental frame of mind than a glove.

grandmasterb
27th April 2010, 05:08 PM
wow that is some serious wear gmb

I am using the glove less and less these days. I used to use it on everything but the putter. Now I only use it on the driver and sometimes not at all(Freddy Couples style). All Irons/Fairways/Hybrid = no glove. I just find it helps me not to throttle the grip which I tend to do with the glove on.. I know it sounds stupid but I seem to hold it more relaxed without the glove, now hands are starting to calous up a bit. Soft nancy boy hands are dissapearing..

Yeah that's why i stopped using one, given the amount i let the club move after impact/follow through it seemed silly to continue using one and wasting money.

I need the glove because if I don't wear it with the amount of practice i'm doing I tend to get hands like a bricklayer.

I hit 100+ balls a day usually 7 days a week with no glove, doesn't take long for the hands to adjust sort of like when learning to play guitar!!!

mint
29th April 2010, 08:35 AM
after reading these posts I might try and hit some balls without one.. I have never even contemplated it but as I buy a new glove at least once a fortnight
it can become a costly exercise (footjoy sofjoy gloves).. lets see how it goes