PDA

View Full Version : Ecco Golf Shoes

petethepilot
18th April 2010, 09:59 PM
Saw a pair I like the look of (overseas). Anybody got any experience with Ecco's and do their sizings reflect normal sizings (ie refer to the discussion on Adidas golf shoes in the Golfbox sale topic).

Thanks in advance.

pete

promise to wear them at the 2010 champs if I get them

Veefore
18th April 2010, 10:25 PM
I bought two pairs (1x golf and 1x dress) last week in Melbourne and wore the golf shoes for the first time on saturday. They were excellent and apart from a bit of initial stiffness in the upper making it hard for my foot to bend they seem like they will break in real nice. Only the Oakley shoes I had a few years ago have been as comfortable on the first wear.

As for sizing, I got 43. I normally take about 9 1/2 in Footjoy's and my New Balance sneakers are 10/44. So they do seem to be maybe a little on the larger size for their number.

TheTrueReview
18th April 2010, 10:47 PM
I have two pairs of Eccos and couldn't be happier. Tough, comfortable, waterproof, and more. I didn't need to break them in. The sizing is fine. I take a 44 which is spot on my size (9 1/2).

petethepilot
18th April 2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks guys

PeteyD
19th April 2010, 09:29 AM
Freddy used em. Must suit old farts ;)

petethepilot
19th April 2010, 02:10 PM
I resemble that remark Pete

Ferrins
14th September 2011, 07:45 AM
Being wearing the Ecco Hydromax shoes and they have been great, however just wear black Dunlop Volleys now.

IanO
14th September 2011, 09:06 AM
I bought a set of Ecco's from DFO and they were normal European sizing and very comfortable right out of the box

rodders
14th September 2011, 11:53 AM
I wear a 10 US Pete and I have both the freddy couples and work shoes in Ecco.

For work I will not wear anything else - my soft feet blister at the sight of new shoes but these were beautiful. Not one sore spot.

I have size 44 in the Ecco.

Cheers,

Rod.

timinsa
14th September 2011, 01:07 PM
+1. True sizes & the most comfortable golf shoes I've owner right out of the box.
Bloody durable to boot.

TheTrueReview
14th September 2011, 01:28 PM
+1. True sizes & the most comfortable golf shoes I've owner right out of the box.
Bloody durable to boot.

... and waterproof. My feet were the only parts that stayed dry during last weeks' round.

LeftyHoges
14th September 2011, 03:11 PM
I'm gonna buck the trend here.

Bought a pair of Ecco's about 2 years ago, put them on and they felt beautiful walking around the house for 30 mins or so and no probs. Sizing was spot on. Took them to pennant the next day and I had blisters the size of 10 cent pieces after my three warm-up holes. Taped the crap out of my heels for the actual match and I was nearly in tears by the end (which I won 6&5, I was THAT determined to get out of those damn shoes). Have worn them for a total of around 200 holes since then and they STILL give me blisters.

Bought them off eBay so no returns. Wonder if it's worth contacting Ecco for a replacement pair to see if they're any better????

TheTrueReview
14th September 2011, 04:32 PM
I'm gonna buck the trend here.

Bought a pair of Ecco's about 2 years ago, ... Have worn them for a total of around 200 holes since then and they STILL give me blisters. ... Wonder if it's worth contacting Ecco for a replacement pair to see if they're any better????

Do you really think they're going to entertain your complaint seriously given your feet? 8-)

http://www.hauntersdepot.com/2007NEWTEMPLATES/BeSomethingMasksAndCostumes/BirdFeet.jpg

LeftyHoges
14th September 2011, 04:35 PM
Do you really think they're going to entertain your complaint seriously given your feet? 8-)

http://www.hauntersdepot.com/2007NEWTEMPLATES/BeSomethingMasksAndCostumes/BirdFeet.jpg

Kinda wish I had feet like that.

No blisters with that skin!!!

Outcast
14th September 2011, 06:23 PM
I have 3 pairs of Ecco Hydromax & a pair of Ecco Casual shoes; best golf shoes I ever bought IMHO; no blisters, comfortable right out of the box

Just wish they weren't quite so expensive although two of the pairs of Hydromax came from DFO in Canberra.. Size wise, I think their European sizing equates to UK sizes, I have 41 which is a UK 7.5

See attached link: http://www.aussiethings.com.au/articles.php?article=13

Ferrins
23rd April 2013, 10:28 AM
Are the Bioms true to size as I wear a classic in 47 so would I get a 13 us?

Johnny Canuck
23rd April 2013, 11:01 AM
I wear a 13 and my Biom 47s fit me perfectly.

freddy a
23rd April 2013, 06:35 PM
Best shoes on the market! I have the biom gtx the yak leather is awesome.

Ferrins
23rd April 2013, 06:43 PM
Getting a pair of Biom hybrid with Yak leather.

Johnny Canuck
23rd April 2013, 06:56 PM
Getting a pair of Biom hybrid with Yak leather. Simms and I swear by them.

Ferrins
23rd April 2013, 06:59 PM
That's comforting.:)

simmsy
23rd April 2013, 07:07 PM
i wear mine as slippers with my dressing gown around the house.

dan
23rd April 2013, 07:51 PM
Not a cheap shoe so they would want to be good.

CanuckDownUnder
24th April 2013, 05:27 AM
Are the Bioms true to size as I wear a classic in 47 so would I get a 13 us?

they fit one size bigger. That's speaking for the Bioms. Check out Eastbay.

The best running, training and golf shoe I've ever worn. Will go back to them when the TW13's start to fall apart.

kenny12
24th April 2013, 05:53 AM
Bought a pair of Ecco Tour Hybrid Wingtips at my local pro shop last week, can't stop wearing them to work! So comfortable.

If anyone wants to try ECCO his in Burwood and stocks the full range of ECCO spikeless shoes

CanuckDownUnder
24th April 2013, 09:44 PM
Bought a pair of Ecco Tour Hybrid Wingtips at my local pro shop last week, can't stop wearing them to work! So comfortable.

If anyone wants to try ECCO his in Burwood and stocks the full range of ECCO spikeless shoes

PIMP!

LeftyHoges
15th May 2013, 10:28 AM
Ozsale having a sale of Ecco shoes (non-golf unfortunately) at about half price.

CanuckDownUnder
15th May 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm looking at selling my Ecco running shoes biom 1.2 in white. Not getting much use. Only used them indoors. Have another pair for everyday use.