PDA

View Full Version : Cally X-Forged Irons.

PeteyD
13th April 2010, 02:50 PM
Anyone used these? What do they play like?

Sydney Hacker
13th April 2010, 02:53 PM
I have a set of the 07 model (project X flighted shafts) and couldn't be happier with them. Feel free to ask any questions you want regarding them.

PeteyD
13th April 2010, 03:04 PM
What is the forgiveness like on toe hits?

There is a set on flea bay for $550 bin with KBS tours. Is that a good price?

Sydney Hacker
13th April 2010, 03:18 PM
I find the forgiveness pretty good, same as any club if you hit it like a dog it won't go too far for you but overall pretty forgiving.

I got mine from Perci a while back for $370ish (from memory) he did have another set for sale in here not that long ago, might be worth checking with him if he still has them ???

PeteyD
13th April 2010, 03:24 PM
I find the forgiveness pretty good, same as any club if you hit it like a dog it won't go too far for you but overall pretty forgiving.

I got mine from Perci a while back for $370ish (from memory) he did have another set for sale in here not that long ago, might be worth checking with him if he still has them ???

I find that somewhat funny!

BrisVegas
13th April 2010, 03:26 PM
They're nice sticks petey, albeit overpriced like most big brand irons. My last two sets of irons I've bought because of the shafts in them. My personal opinion is that the head isn't that critical. Any midsize cb will go much the same as another I reckon. If these have shafts in them that you want to try, then give em a go I say!

Sydney Hacker
13th April 2010, 03:27 PM
I find that somewhat funny!

Hey it could of been a slow sales month for him :)

PeteyD
13th April 2010, 03:32 PM
The other option was these :
http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Yururi-CNC-Gekku-Iron-KM-0208-5-PW

then again, maybe not :D.

Might have a look at Golfwrx this evening, although most things there are X5000 flex.

Johnny Canuck
13th April 2010, 04:21 PM
Love my 07 X Forged. Forgiveness is the same as any mid cav back, as already stated.

Got mine for Tomo for around $400 with PX's in great nick.

They've been in the bag for a year and will not be leaving any time soon.