PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus LS Zetec hatchback

BrisVegas
12th April 2010, 02:29 PM
Leased by me in Jan 2007 and bought outright this Jan just gone. Excellent car, very reliable. Selling as it's not getting used and I could use the cash for a new bicycle. MrsBV recently bought a Fiesta Zetec as we were so happy with the focus. In hindsight, we don't need two smallish hatchbacks.

Dec 2006 model.
5 speed manual.
Black Sapphire colour
83,000km.
near new Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin tyres
window tint.
sheepskin seatcovers (side airbag compatible).
near new Rola Odyssey 360 roof pod and Rola Aero roof racks ($600+)
Ford floor mats and boot guard.
fully serviced with log books.

$14,500 ono.

Redbook (http://www.redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.aspx?R=58374&__Qpb=true&Cr=4&__Ns=p_Make_String|0||p_ClassificationType_String| 0||p_Family_String|0||p_Year_String|1||p_SequenceN um_Int32|0&__N=2994%204294961316%204294843565%204294965618&silo=1300&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=12&__sid=1232CFC2E84C) details:-
* Private Price Guide $14,600 - $16,700
* Trade In Price Guide $11,400 - $13,500
* Average Km 60,000 - 100,000
Price Guide $27,490*

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af323/BrisVegas/IMG_5371.jpg

Yossarian
12th April 2010, 02:58 PM
Postage to perth?

BrisVegas
12th April 2010, 03:05 PM
at cost.

Lucasto23
12th April 2010, 03:28 PM
Whats it like hit out the middle ;)

BrisVegas
12th April 2010, 03:34 PM
you'd love it. It's German designed, but built in South Africa.

blurry
12th April 2010, 03:56 PM
bult in seth efrica , and its bleck

BrisVegas
12th April 2010, 04:03 PM
that's why it's cheap.

Grunt
12th April 2010, 04:04 PM
Have to give this a great review, I had one until last year when I upgraded to the Mondeo. Great little hatch with plenty of zip.

davepuppies
12th April 2010, 05:29 PM
Mrs davepuppies has one of these - a great little car!!!!!

good luck with the sale BV

Courty
12th April 2010, 07:47 PM
Any pop-ups?

But seriously, what happened to the Corolla I thought you said you were going to keep forever?

BrisVegas
12th April 2010, 07:51 PM
The corolla (nova) was a heap of shit that fell apart and was sold to the wreckers at xmas.

markTHEblake
14th April 2010, 10:06 PM
I'd buy it, if only I didnt have one myself.

Good price though

Golfnut
15th April 2010, 12:51 AM
As other have said, these really are great cars (convinced the mother-in-law to get the sedan version a few years back)......very solid build, zippy and good on the juice too. Looks like a good buy for someone.
GL with the sale BV.

BrisVegas
15th April 2010, 08:10 AM
Yeah it's a cool little car. The plan was to keep it as my runabout/commuting/golf trip car etc. As I now ride my bike to work and play golf almost exclusively over the back fence, it's not getting much use. MrsBV recently started teaching part time, so her hours are now much shorter which means I no longer pick kids up from daycare/after school care etc.

We used it for our Easter camping trip, as it's roomier than the Fiesta and has the roof racks/pod. Ideally though, we need to get a box trailer to fit all the stuff we need for longer camping trips or look at getting a 4WD.

I haven't advertised it properly yet, as we're not totally committed to selling it. I paid it's rego, insurance and put new tyres on it at Xmas, so it's not really costing me anything at the moment... I'll possibly look at trading it on a Territory/Pajero next year if we can sell the house and free up some funds.

BrisVegas
25th May 2010, 08:20 AM
bump!

Would consider trades/part trades for a Pajero/Prado/Patrol 4x4 diesel...

BrisVegas
15th June 2010, 02:27 PM
bump again!

Now comes with completely resprayed driver side panels, to repair the "keyed" scratch down that side courtesy of Goodna train station carpark.

If the offenders are reading this, please "key" the entire car next time, as it costs me $500 insurance excess anyway so I might as well get the entire car resprayed. :roll:

It will be listed on carsales next week for $14,600.

Ferrins
15th June 2010, 05:38 PM
I've got a 2006 Mitsubishi Colt for $10 grand. Perci can bend it to 07 if needed.

TourFit
15th June 2010, 06:23 PM
:smt038

GOLD.

BrisVegas
15th June 2010, 08:42 PM
I've got a 2006 Mitsubishi Colt for $10 grand. Perci can bend it to 07 if needed.

Do you reckon perci could turn it into a diesel pajero?

Ned
15th June 2010, 09:04 PM
My Girl Nudgee may need to get involved due to his Japanese connection!

BrisVegas
11th August 2010, 11:53 AM
Forgot to link the carsales (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8949510&__Qpb=true&Cr=3&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201282%204294966463%204294966417%20412%20 900%204294966956%204294922016&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&PriceTo=412&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=4&__sid=12013E09D150) ad.

almost sold... keen punter coming this arvo with a bank cheque ready to go.

Got the safety cert yesterday, which it passed easily. Be a shame to see it go, it's a cracker of a car.

PeteyD
11th August 2010, 08:49 PM
Make sure the bank cheque clears first. They are no longer like cash.

Ned
11th August 2010, 09:12 PM
Haven't been considered "cleared funds" for years.

BrisVegas
11th August 2010, 09:51 PM
SOLD.

markTHEblake
11th August 2010, 10:29 PM
Haven't been considered "cleared funds" for years.

True, but its not the issue of not being able to draw against it that bothers me, but that fact it can still bounce, and you wont find out for 3 days at least.

whatever you do, don't let a guy hand you a bank cheque in an envelope, particularly if he then asks for the envelope back cos he wrote a phone number, or a horse tip on it.

Also be wary of blokes that keep talking about off topic stuff. They are deliberately distracting you.

Personaly I wouldnt take a bank cheque for a large amount unless there were several other reasons why the bona fides can be trusted.

you also can ring or visit the issuing bank over the phone and ask if the cheque is legit. Its not a standard procedure, and most of the drones would probably have a fit, and try and give you some privacy bullsheet, but its a 4 second tap on the keyboard to confirm amount and whether it has being presented or not. Or if its serious enough, meet the guy in the bank, and watch him get the bank cheque off them yourself, or go to the teller and ask em if they issued it.

Too many desperate people around these days.

goughy
12th August 2010, 07:24 AM
So if you can't completely trust a bank cheque, what do you trust? Only folding stuff?

haysey
12th August 2010, 07:44 AM
I've learnt something new today. I always thought a bank cheque was as good as cash. More fool me.

Ned
12th August 2010, 07:56 AM
So if you can't completely trust a bank cheque, what do you trust? Only folding stuff?

Up until a number of years ago, the only way a bank cheque could be stopped is if it was lost or stolen.

Initially it would require a stat dec presented to the issuing bank with the circumstances and accompanied with a request to stop or reissue. (Now alls you need to do is foll in a preformated letter available from most banks)

Cash or bank transfer is about the only way to ensure clear funds.

When I used to handle property settlements, if the Real Estate Agent or Solicitor was being a dumb ass, I would only release title deeds if all outstanding funds were at settlement, including any deposit balances less their fees as I was handing over the one thing that ensured ownership, the title and the mortgage release. (or in this day and age the paperless title)

Although in the old days you could only lodge a mortgage if you had priority or existing mortgage holders permission, these days you can get a mortgage lodged without existing mortgagee's permission.

Daves
12th August 2010, 09:01 AM
http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=260996

BrisVegas
12th August 2010, 09:33 AM
Dave, I've with you. Learned something new today. I've deposited the 'bank cheque' and sure enough it won't be cleared funds for 2 working days.

markTHEblake
12th August 2010, 07:45 PM
Dave, I've with you. Learned something new today. I've deposited the 'bank cheque' and sure enough it won't be cleared funds for 2 working days.

It is a matter of fact, that any cheque takes a certain number of days to clear, bank cheque or not. What this means to you, is that after that period you can be satisfied that the cheque cannot bounce. There is no absolute definition to how long this takes, as it can vary.

When your bank teller says that you cannot withdraw the money for 3 days, they are not telling you the truth. The money is in your account, you are getting interest on it, it is yours by all definitions. What they are really saying, is that they DO NOT TRUST you, and are just protecting their interests. Unfortunately most bank johnnies have had this 'not cleared' dogma drummed into their head so many times that they have no real idea of common sense behind it.

They are scared that if they let you withdraw the money, and the cheque subsequently bounces, that you might not pay the money back. Yet there are plenty of bank customers who could deposit a post dated 3rd party cheque drawn on a Nigerian bank, and withdraw the money straight away because the bank knows they are good for the money. If your bank doesn't, it means they don't think you are good for it.

Don't take this bullshit from them. A bank teller has no authority to 'approve' any liability to the bank, which means they have no authority to say No, either. Tell them to get a manager/supervisor that doesnt have pimples to exercise some common sense!

goughy
12th August 2010, 09:26 PM
My business account lets me draw immediately from deposited cheques and credit card vouchers (I still use the old click clack machine).

With bank cheques, it wasn't so much that I thought I got the money straight away. But that I thought once it was in my hands (and more so in my bank account) there was nothing that could be done to stop it. That money was mine, hence the idea of using them when say buying a car. You knew with a personal cheque you wouldn't get the car straight away, and you didn't want to carry all that cash. So a bank cheque was spose to give the best of both worlds.

BrisVegas
12th August 2010, 09:42 PM
Blakey - should I call the cops and get my car back?

markTHEblake
12th August 2010, 10:55 PM
No, call your Bank manager, and say "give me my money you bastard, Boomshanka"

Hux
14th August 2010, 04:06 PM
I hope this all went well Dion.

We used to have problems with Metway bank cheques when I was still wearing a short sleeved white shirts for a living - someone had a neat way of forging them. Once you accept the bank cheque as payment and pass over goods you are basically screwed in Qld. It becoms fraud and title on the vehicle has passed. All you can do is threaten them with the bikies coming and kneecapping them :-)
You can ask for special clearance on bank cheques or at least used to be able to. Cost a few $$ but you would have the funds cleared basically immediately. Got one back for a the good guys with a dud cheque when I was doing my checks and the issuing bank advised there was funds now in the account sufficient to honour the amount. Rang the complainant told them to get their ass to the bank and pay for a special clearance immediately which they did. Can only imagine the shonks face when he went to get some cash only to find it empty. :-)

goonie
14th August 2010, 11:30 PM
More likely the reason it takes a few days to clear is so the bank can make some interest off it during the switch from one account to the other.

Daves
15th August 2010, 09:00 AM
More likely the reason it takes a few days to clear is so the bank can make some interest off it during the switch from one account to the other.

From what account to what account? Normally the funds are only ever in one account and the owner earns interest (if it is an interest bearing account) from the day it is deposited.

In simple terms the physical cheque has to be delivered to the paying bank branch, who are supposed to check correct signature(s), stop payments if any, any sign of alternations (forgery), court orders, funds availability etc before payment can be confirmed. In the case of a bank cheque only stop payments, possible forgery or being stolen, and potential court orders are relevant. 3 days is the industry agreed and mandated standard. One day to get there, one day to decisioned, and one day for notice to be issued if applicable and delivered back to the collecting bank.

In reality only larger amounts get anything near a full check, unless they are on notice that something might be wrong. Most of the checks are done by computer systems and the cheque is not actually physically read unless there is a specific reason to do so. Eventually it will all be done electronically, but don't hold you breathe.

jaybam
15th August 2010, 11:23 AM
It's a big Rort lol. When my sister used to be at the bank I could rake cheques in and would be cleared there on the spot. Only thing I miss about her not being at the bank is that I now have to wait.

markTHEblake
15th August 2010, 02:29 PM
From what account to what account? Normally the funds are only ever in one account and the owner earns interest (if it is an interest bearing account) from the day it is deposited.

In eons past there were significant floats held over by banks overnight which they would invest on the markets for the day. However it would now be extremely rare for any bank today to have any left over 'paper' as the exchanges are all done electronically regardless of how long it takes the cheques to arrive. In saying that even 40 years ago, they still applied the credit to the persons account from day one.

In simple terms the physical cheque has to be delivered to the paying bank branch, who are supposed to check correct signature(s), stop payments if any, any sign of alternations (forgery), court orders, funds availability etc before payment can be confirmed. In the case of a bank cheque only stop payments, possible forgery or being stolen, and potential court orders are relevant. 3 days is the industry agreed and mandated standard. One day to get there, one day to decisioned, and one day for notice to be issued if applicable and delivered back to the collecting bank. cheques and payments orders act allows for 1 day margin for error for each processing step, so you could still have a cheque bounced on you on the 5th day.

In reality only larger amounts get anything near a full check, unless they are on notice that something might be wrong. It was $500 in the 80's, about $5000 in the 90's and from memory $20,000 now. So if you have a chequebook, HIDE IT.

Eag's
15th August 2010, 05:12 PM
This cheque cleared yet Vegas?

perci
15th August 2010, 06:19 PM
This cheque cleared yet Vegas?

And whats replacing this cheque?

BrisVegas
15th August 2010, 07:48 PM
older Pajero/Prado will replace this.

BrisVegas
17th August 2010, 07:26 AM
The cheque has cleared at last!

Now to go spend the money on some new wheels.

senecio
17th August 2010, 07:39 AM
older Pajero/Prado will replace this.

2007 Pajero VR-X (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=9120499&keywords=vrx&tsrc=allcarhome&SearchAction=N&__Ntk=CarAll&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__No=15&__D=vr-x&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=12A7EF78BD7C&__N=1216%201282%204294964597%204294964596%20900&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_D ecimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Mod el_String%7c0&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Cr=0&__Ntt=vr-x&trecs=16&__Qpb=true)

Probably not quite old enough for what you're after. My boss leaves for Japan on Sunday for a 3 year contract. He could be negotiable for a quick sale. Alternatively you could get yourself bargain on an '08 Imprezza STI he also has to get rid of.

Ned
17th August 2010, 07:45 AM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/LRG/20/2097/9GP2D00Z.jpg

BrisVegas
17th August 2010, 07:54 AM
hahahah, Ned's image is closer to what I can afford, i.e. $15k Certainly not looking at $38k on a second hand car :shock:

Moe Norman
17th August 2010, 09:46 AM
2007 Pajero VR-X (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=9120499&keywords=vrx&tsrc=allcarhome&SearchAction=N&__Ntk=CarAll&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__No=15&__D=vr-x&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=12A7EF78BD7C&__N=1216%201282%204294964597%204294964596%20900&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_D ecimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Mod el_String%7c0&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Cr=0&__Ntt=vr-x&trecs=16&__Qpb=true)

Perfect!!!

Unfortunately for me, I won't be buying until January.

bugger