PDA

View Full Version : Power Balance Wristbands

morgy
11th April 2010, 09:27 PM
Has anyone tried these out? There are mixed reviews on them, and they seem to defy logic. Just wanting to know if it's worth shelfing out the coin to give it a go.

grandmasterb
11th April 2010, 09:40 PM
Spend a little more and get a qlink mate.

AndyP
11th April 2010, 09:47 PM
Buy some voodoo dolls and take your opponents down instead.

Baudwalker
12th April 2010, 07:18 AM
I After all the coin I have spent on my snoring studies recently I thought $60 might be worth a go.
Its done nothing for my snoring and I see no difference at all in my energy level or whatever else its sposed to do.

Been there..never had a wrist band but two 'experimental' surgeries and countless nights in a sleep center.....result....STILL SNORING BETTER THAN A PRO

Learn to live with it or give up sleeping!!!!!

Bruce
12th April 2010, 09:53 AM
Has anyone tried these out? There are mixed reviews on them, and they seem to defy logic. Just wanting to know if it's worth shelfing out the coin to give it a go.

They don't merely seem to defy logic - they do. What do they claim they are correcting and how do they claim this happens? Do they use the common snake-oil terms like "quantum" or "energy"?
Absolutely fraudulent in my opinion.

3oneday
16th April 2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/powerbalance.htm

Sounds more placebo than anything, bucket loads of fakes on ebay now too !

AndyP
16th April 2010, 04:31 PM
Can you have a fake of something that's fake in the first place?

Tomo
16th April 2010, 05:01 PM
Heres a little sideline.
Over the past few weeks I have been experiencing a few light pain in the left chest region. Nothing too bad but a few little twinges.
Been fairly stressed lately and it could be a contributer but also thought it could have something to do with the powerband.
As a test I took the PB off two days ago and have not had any chest pain.

This could be a story for Today Tonight.

Dont mess with it mate, see the doctor to be sure.

just
16th April 2010, 05:36 PM
Do the wristbands have magnets in them? Could be messing with your pacemaker!

Eag's
16th April 2010, 05:58 PM
Heres a little sideline.
Over the past few weeks I have been experiencing a few light pain in the left chest region. Nothing too bad but a few little twinges.
Been fairly stressed lately and it could be a contributer but also thought it could have something to do with the powerband.
As a test I took the PB off two days ago and have not had any chest pain.

This could be a story for Today Tonight.

Rich, any sort of chest pain should be looked into immediately!!
Never assume anything when it comes to your health mate.

3oneday
16th April 2010, 06:45 PM
Can you have a fake of something that's fake in the first place?

very true, a $60 "fake" that the Chinese are trying to fake at a third of the fake price. I brought some in for a few guys who had the arm pulling exercise done to them. They were sold on it and one of them plays off +2 !!.

sms316
16th April 2010, 06:50 PM
WTF are these things?

3oneday
16th April 2010, 06:50 PM
http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/powerbalance.htm

Sounds more placebo than anything, bucket loads of fakes on ebay now too !

WTF are these things?
click that link, there's a Today Tonight segment in there too.

sms316
16th April 2010, 06:53 PM
click that link, there's a Today Tonight segment in there too.

Ah. A WOFTAM.

Flowergirl
16th April 2010, 08:30 PM
If you could be that stupid to fork out $60 for rubbish like that you are an idiot!!!

Mine is a nice white one.:oops:

Captain Nemo
16th April 2010, 09:16 PM
Brother-in-law brought me one back from the states free! ( he's a qantas pilot so got them for nix) will give it a run in the comp tomorrow!:mrgreen:
The way ive been playing lately, anything might help!:oops:

morgy
17th April 2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I've heard some good things about them. I'm rooted if it's a placebo because I'm a heavy skeptic, might give it a go anyway, pending Titleist's reports.

MegaWatty
10th October 2010, 05:43 PM
There are so many fakes on eBay it's not funny. They're either 2 bucks each, or being sold by people that have transacted very few sales or have terrible feedback. On top of the 'not able to buy on eBay with confidence' issue, they are selling for $29 in the US and $59 in Australia. Stupid plicks.

I know a couple of guys that are using them, apart from elite athletes, that reckon they work. One guy reckons it's probably just in his head, but when he's training and looks at it, he just seems to want to go harder. At least he's honest!

I'm keen to have a crack.

matty
10th October 2010, 05:48 PM
The fakes are just as good as the real ones. We're not talking golf clubs.

3oneday
10th October 2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I'd imagine the people paying $2 for the fakes reckon they do the job.

MegaWatty
10th October 2010, 05:58 PM
True, but if it's placebo, then it ain't gonna work knowing it's fake.

No way am I paying 60 bucks though. They are being sold for 30 bucks in the US. I have emailed the Australian disty asking why we're paying double.

Yossarian
10th October 2010, 06:37 PM
Mega if you need something to throw cash at, I am always here. ;)

MegaWatty
10th October 2010, 06:38 PM
It's just a curiosity thing. You don't want to try one?

I'm fighting to pay 30 bucks with one, trust me. 60 bucks is a joke!

Tongueboy
10th October 2010, 06:41 PM
hocus pocus bullshit

Yossarian
10th October 2010, 06:45 PM
It's just a curiosity thing. You don't want to try one?

I'm fighting to pay 30 bucks with one, trust me. 60 bucks is a joke!

I do not.

I also could not afford 30 dollars.

grandmasterb
10th October 2010, 07:18 PM
Like I said earlier in the thread Q-Link ALL THE WAY!!!

Yossarian
10th October 2010, 07:20 PM
Do they actually work?

morgy
10th October 2010, 08:29 PM
I've been using one for about 3 months... paid $59 from sports power. Being a man of a logical disposition, I know they don't work. However, $59 seemed cheap in comparison to the other purchases I've made for golf, and if it gives me any sort of mental edge i'll take it.

But... they can't possibly have any physical benefit!

Yossarian
10th October 2010, 08:32 PM
Exactly. And the Q-Link would be the same.

Quackery at its finest.

timinsa
10th October 2010, 09:58 PM
Choice mag has reviewed them. They are nothing more than a fashion accessory. I'll stick with my white belt thanks. At least it holds my pants up.

Goldy
11th October 2010, 07:47 AM
Two little words - Brock Polarizer.

Tongueboy
11th October 2010, 07:51 AM
he polarized that ****ing tree hey!

henno
11th October 2010, 10:29 AM
Two little words - Brock Polarizer.

They were very effective at one thing: Raising the values of the cars which had them factory installed.

AlexMc
11th October 2010, 02:10 PM
http://thingsboganslike.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/129-power-balance-bands/

sms316
11th October 2010, 05:41 PM
I wore one of these things around my neck yesterday. Didn't help.

matty
11th October 2010, 09:06 PM
7 News, tomorrow at 6pm has the full story about tests and the results. Compulsory viewing!

markTHEblake
11th October 2010, 09:34 PM
whats the odds that they conclude that wearing these things makes you gay?

dave1
11th October 2010, 11:22 PM
seriously the guy or chick that invented these is sitting there...laughing his ass at everyone thinking ...."geez when will someone actually notice these things dont work"......ummm better keep making them though

for a very long time mnay explorers thought the world was flat...untill...'hang about there matey....."...it isnt flat

people will latch onto anything or anyone to get better....except hard work to get better...they want someone else or something to magically do it for them......in a nutshell socitey is darn lazy and doesnt want to work hard ot get better or fitter or stronger..whatever the case may be

Webster
12th October 2010, 07:59 AM
whats the odds that they conclude that wearing these things makes you gay?

They are nothing more than a sports bangle.

3oneday
12th October 2010, 08:26 AM
Why do the Aussie need to be the ones that prove they are rubbish ? They've been around for a couple of years now, it's no different to the copper bracelets my grandparents used to wear surely ?

GolfBallWhackerGuy
12th October 2010, 08:34 AM
Ive got an ebay fake. The placebo effect is still there. Especially good knowing I paid only $2 as opposed to $60 for the same mind games it provides. =)

3oneday
12th October 2010, 08:48 AM
And I think that's the thing you have to remember...

Most other folk will think the $2 one they buy on ebay is actually real because that's the expectation ebay builds.

MegaWatty
23rd December 2010, 02:55 AM
A WRISTBAND claiming to boost strength, balance and flexibility has been exposed as a fake.
The ACCC ordered Power Balance Australia to cease marketing its wristbands with claims of boosted sporting performance, and demanded they refund people already duped by the purported benefits.
Sports stars from Brendan Fevola to Damien Oliver have been seen with the faux performance enhancers on their wrists, but their scientific credentials have been well behind their marketing.
ACCC chairman Graeme Samuel said the bands had been exposed as fake and warned people off them as a last-minute gift.
"I'm hoping they are not thinking it's a good idea," he said. "They cost a lot of money for something that may not do anything."
The wristbands were still available for $30 on Power Balance's website yesterday afternoon, but claims of their benefits had been removed, and would also be removed from packaging.
"You could buy rubber bands from the newsagent and have a fresh one every day of the year," Mr Samuel said.
Without the science to back up the claims, Power Balance was ordered to repay all buyers who felt they were misled.
Power Balance has admitted its claims had no credible basis and its marketing of the bands could have been misleading. It pledged to remove misleading representations on its website and product packaging.
Consumer group Choice this year called on Power Balance to prove its claims, but it took the ACCC until yesterday to resolve the matter.
If you would like a refund, contact the Power Balance refund line on 1800 733 436 between 9am and 5pm.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/power-wristbands-banned-and-refunds-ordered-by-accc/story-e6frfkvr-1225975249012#ixzz18rAVH8Gb

IanO
23rd December 2010, 06:57 AM
About time that they were exposed (officially that is, who in their right mind could believe that a piece of rubber around your wrist with a hologram and magnet could do anything?)

TheTrueReview
23rd December 2010, 07:24 AM
About time that they were exposed (officially that is, who in their right mind could believe that a piece of rubber around your wrist with a hologram and magnet could do anything?)

Plenty, it seems. I had a guy raving on about it to me recently (unsolicited). I didn't say a word, just nodded & thought what utter B.S. It's impossible to point out to a fool that they're being foolish.

PeteyD
23rd December 2010, 09:43 AM
Always have people believing this sort of Pap. Also have some money in Nigeria that needs to be smuggled out, for a small pre paid fee of course.

dave1
24th December 2010, 01:15 AM
grab a piece of string and tie it around your wrist and sing praise the lord.....3 times..

should have about the same effect

idgolfguy
24th December 2010, 01:44 AM
Works only if you truly believe.

Daves
24th December 2010, 07:45 AM
I can help you claim a refund. Just send me pictures of your powerbands and your bank account details and logons, and voila I will fix you up in no time!;)

PerryGroves
24th December 2010, 09:22 AM
I look forward to the ACCC moving quickly (post their wrist band triumph) to prosecute equity fund managers and churches both of whom make claims which cannot be substantiated.

Grunt
24th December 2010, 11:11 AM
So who on here got one? I bet there is at least one out there. Come on down!

ACCC have certainly been Busy, today they are out after that Erectile Disfunction mob.

http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/managing/sexhelp-company-failed-to-perform-accc-20101223-196bo.html

Daves
24th December 2010, 01:26 PM
So who on here got one? I bet there is at least one out there. Come on down!

ACCC have certainly been Busy, today they are out after that Erectile Disfunction mob.

http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/managing/sexhelp-company-failed-to-perform-accc-20101223-196bo.html

I heard that they couldn't get their defence to stand up in court!:lol:

Grunt
24th December 2010, 01:44 PM
Or was it that they left early?

TheTrueReview
24th December 2010, 02:22 PM
I look forward to the ACCC moving quickly (post their wrist band triumph) to prosecute equity fund managers and churches both of whom make claims which cannot be substantiated.

Timeframe PG? By five o'clock this afternoon okay?

mike
24th December 2010, 03:22 PM
I look forward to the ACCC moving quickly (post their wrist band triumph) to prosecute equity fund managers and churches both of whom make claims which cannot be substantiated.Good point. They could target golf equipment companys for the same reason.

CanuckDownUnder
27th December 2010, 07:08 PM
Have had one for over a year. Seems to work for the most part. Increased strength . nope. better flexibility. not even close. Better core. Yes.

In the gym it helps with improving your core in having less shakes and a smoother drive when lifting extremely heavy weight. (160+kg squats etc ). I usually use a weight belt at this weight.
unilateral exercises seem to be better balanced

Balance on board sports have improved slightly with having it on for a run or two then off for the same amount of runs. Noticeable difference.

Aches and pains have reduced. Old sports injuries seem to ache less especially when the barometer drops and the weather starts to turn.

I find it works. Placebo or not.

It could have been a good batch from the one of the first makes. Just like how supplement companies used to put gear in their protein to get extraordinary results in the first new batches and then take the stuff out after the marketing of the product took off.

mike
27th December 2010, 07:28 PM
CDU, my right knee hurts when there's a tropical low system about. (seriously. I'm not taking the piss)

Will it help me? I can't believe I'm asking this.

Dotty
27th December 2010, 09:50 PM
Have you tried making your own, Mike?

The magnet off Johnny Howard's terrorism card, the hologram from a box of Pro V's, the bracelet from Saturday's bonbons and a couple of dabs of Tarzan's Grip.

Goldy
27th December 2010, 09:52 PM
Or rip the Brock Polariser out of your 1980s Commodore and nail it to your forehead - that ought to do it!

CanuckDownUnder
27th December 2010, 09:58 PM
It should. I've had a client who is in their 50's try it and it eased their arthritis pain. I think it just equalizes the ingoing pressure to outgoing pressure on your body to some extent. It won't cure it , but I found it didn't make it worse.

My dad has worn those copper bracelets for about 40+ years and he said these Balance bands work better.

mike
27th December 2010, 10:41 PM
Excellent. I'm sure I could pick one up pretty cheap now.

mike
27th December 2010, 10:54 PM
Or rip the Brock Polariser out of your 1980s Commodore and nail it to your forehead - that ought to do it!
Ah, the old Energy Polariser. Brocky really did lose it for a while there. We pulled one apart at work once and found two magnets and a blob of jelly. Yeah, that's gonna work.

Tongueboy
27th December 2010, 11:02 PM
yeah poor old brocky. he polarized that tree.

henno
27th December 2010, 11:26 PM
Say what you will, but I wish I owned a VL HDT Brocky with a polariser. They're worth a small mint and rare as rocking horse shit.

mike
27th December 2010, 11:38 PM
And about as useful.

dave1
28th December 2010, 12:29 AM
right...now can we get the ACCC to look into refunds for anti slice tees.....:lol:

MegaWatty
20th June 2011, 09:34 AM
What brand does Rory use?

Clearly it works!

Captain Nemo
20th June 2011, 09:43 AM
:smt023
Titleist!

MegaWatty
20th June 2011, 09:51 AM
Trion:Z. ;)