PDA

View Full Version : CG15 Wedges

Flavzz
10th April 2010, 09:01 PM
Anyone playing CG15's? I know they have been around for a while now but they are a sexy looking wedge. Was going to add a new 60deg sm vokey to my 54 but thinking of getting 2 new CG15's instead.

Any comparisons between a SM Vokey and a CG15?? I like my current vokey but its a lot heavier than my AP2's which I dont like as the swingweight feels very different.

Any feedback on the 15's would be appreciated..

TheTrueReview
10th April 2010, 10:48 PM
Don't they have the condition of competition v-grooves? If so, why bother with smaller grooves.

Zeusgolf
11th April 2010, 12:45 AM
I have a 62 and can spin it up more than my Milled Y Cutter TM and just about spin it up as much as my CG14 with zip grooves....

I would say the grind is the best out of all the wedges I have owned....

BTW they are not using V grooves still got the U groove but the gaps are wider between the grooves and the edges are not as sharp....

holmesy-XLS
11th April 2010, 08:16 AM
http://www.yearofthewedge.com/ ????

cliff
11th April 2010, 11:57 AM
picked up my new cg15 54deg wedge on thursday hoping to test it monday

Flavzz
11th April 2010, 02:00 PM
Don't they have the condition of competition v-grooves? If so, why bother with smaller grooves.

U can get it in tour spec with the v grooves or Hacker spec zip grooves.

Flavzz
11th April 2010, 02:01 PM
picked up my new cg15 54deg wedge on thursday hoping to test it monday

Let me know how u like it. Have u hit vokey sm before?

KristianJ
11th April 2010, 05:40 PM
I haven't hit a brand new SM, but had an older one about 6 months ago. The laser milling on the CG15 isn't as pronounced as the spin milling, but the spin is comparable to what I got with my SM. The grind on the DSG is very good too.

Definitely worth your consideration.

Flavzz
11th April 2010, 06:32 PM
mmm Dont know what to do.. I just dont like how heavy the spin milled are on full shots.. Chip shots and bunker shots are great

Might try grab a demo cg15 from the proshop