PDA

View Full Version : WA: Hartfield 18th April - 11.35 1st Tee

simmsy
10th April 2010, 02:04 PM
anyone want a hit next Sunday at Hartfield??

1. Simmsy - 27
2. Zeus - 35
3. Johnny Canuck - 32
4. Bergsey - 27

Zeusgolf
10th April 2010, 02:09 PM
Book me simmsy

adlo
10th April 2010, 02:09 PM
Next Sunday is the 18th!

I'm unlikely, I might be playing on the Saturday instead. I'll suss it out and let you know.

simmsy
10th April 2010, 02:31 PM
thanks young fella, let me know how you go for getting there for sunday.

cheers Zeus - hey what your H/c move to?

simmsy
10th April 2010, 02:45 PM
I have booked a slot for 11:35 from the 1st, Zeus i have put you in there already mate.

adlo
10th April 2010, 08:34 PM
anyone want a hit next Sunday at Hartfield??

JC are you keen for a hit?? I know you have indicated a possible interest in having a look, no teeslots are available early AM.

1. OMS
2. Zeus
3. Adlo (we'll try and get rid of some wood chips for you precious, ok?) Pencil
4. JC (Pencil)

You would be doing the world of golf a favour.

MegaWatty
10th April 2010, 08:54 PM
Hahaha. I am now seeing the funny side of the woodchip (mass) debate.

MegaWatty
10th April 2010, 11:19 PM
My flite gets in at 12:15.
You can join them for beers!

Zeusgolf
11th April 2010, 12:46 AM
thanks young fella, let me know how you go for getting there for sunday.

cheers Zeus - hey what your H/c move to?

I had a decent round on Sunday and only went out .1 so im off 15.....

Zeusgolf
11th April 2010, 12:48 AM
I have booked a slot for 11:35 from the 1st, Zeus i have put you in there already mate.

Cheers, cant believe the bookings filled so quick for the morning slots Ill have to set my calendar to remind me on Saturday morning to check availability for the following week.

Zeusgolf
11th April 2010, 12:49 AM

I cursed those wood chips the other week then pissed myself thinking about you....

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 12:50 AM
Some spots at 7:27 this Thursday too. Simmsy and I are still yet to find a 4 ball clique.

Zeusgolf
11th April 2010, 12:51 AM
Some spots at 7:27 this Thursday too. Simmsy and I are still yet to find a 4 ball clique.

Would love to but working day shift.....

Following week I'm free

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 12:55 AM
I'll try to remember to put you in. Although, no one will jump in with us anyway. We should be fine. :)

Zeusgolf
11th April 2010, 12:56 AM
Cheers....

Early on thurs 22nd is good as im on arvos

simmsy
11th April 2010, 12:59 AM
yeah MW, put me in for that thursday as well please mate.

adlo
11th April 2010, 01:14 AM
I had a decent round on Sunday and only went out .1 so im off 15.....

Under the new system?

idgolfguy
11th April 2010, 01:20 AM
I could probably play on Thursday this week if you non-local can be included.

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 01:40 AM
I could probably play on Thursday this week if you non-local can be included.
Sure can mate. Just run dead if you're coming in with a good score. We don't like visitors winning our comps. ;)

You want in?

idgolfguy
11th April 2010, 09:14 AM
I'm in - thank MW.
Still owe you for the grips too. See you then.

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 02:02 PM
I'm in - thank MW.
Still owe you for the grips too. See you then.
I remembered the grips, it was just going to be easier when we played again.

I'll book you in, but the only thing is a warning that I may get a late'ish call into work that day. But overall, I should know by Tuesday.

PM me your GL number.

simmsy
11th April 2010, 04:56 PM
does anyone know if JC is around?? i have a feeling he was going on holiday or something??

Veefore
11th April 2010, 05:53 PM
I'll be at the Rocket Cup. :D

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 05:56 PM
I'll be at the Rocket Cup. :D
:cry:

adlo
11th April 2010, 06:48 PM
simmsy, JC is moving house. sms him, although I would say there is a 99% chance he CANNOT play Sunday, as I know he hosting a mate at Kennedy on the Saturday.

simmsy
11th April 2010, 08:01 PM
cheers mate.

idgolfguy
11th April 2010, 08:03 PM
I'm out for the weekend.

Yossarian
11th April 2010, 08:18 PM
I'm keen.

adlo
11th April 2010, 08:36 PM
Yoss can take a slot, that's what she said. I am highly doubtful. simmsy, I'll shoot that # across.

simmsy
11th April 2010, 09:07 PM
Ok mate, Yoss be good to see you play there on a real h/c.

any other takers if JC can't make it??

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2010, 11:15 PM
I'm in, Sat and Sun.

Aldo, Sat 820.

simmsy
11th April 2010, 11:31 PM
ok JC's in Maxibon you're out!

is that ok? or do you want to take Yoss's spot?

Nuffie
11th April 2010, 11:31 PM
Would definitely be up for a hit next Sunday - in comp at Hartfield. Just not sure if there will be a spot in your pretty much confirmed starting group.

If that ends up being the case, maybe if JC or someone else wants a hit with me, I'll have to see tomorrw if I as a member can get another group going.

JC, Bruce Dickinson, Veefore, IDGG, TourFit, let me know if any of you can make it. I haven't seen the afternoon comp sheet yet though but will see now.

adlo
11th April 2010, 11:45 PM
ok JC's in Maxibon you're out!

is that ok? or do you want to take Yoss's spot?

No problem at all, turns out Sunday is no good for me.

Nuffie
12th April 2010, 10:24 AM
At this stage, I'm booked in at around 11:50 am off the 1st, about 3 groups after the OMS, Adlo, Zeus and Yoss group. Veefore will be at Binningup playing in his cup event, JC might be tied up moving, but hasn't confirmed he's out. So if anyone else is interested in making up a 2nd group, let me know and I'll try keep the slot. I'll need your golflink #'s and could be at least two spots left.

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2010, 10:25 AM
What's the comp? Has it already been stated and I missed it?

Nuffie
12th April 2010, 10:56 AM

It was posted that your already playing Sat at Kennedy by adlo, so we figured there's a slim chance u'd want to play Sunday as well - with you moving house and stuff.

Just though I'd save you a spot though at this early stage, in case you decide to change your mind :)

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2010, 11:59 AM
It was posted that your already playing Sat at Kennedy by adlo, so we figured there's a slim chance u'd want to play Sunday as well - with you moving house and stuff.

Just though I'd save you a spot though at this early stage, in case you decide to change your mind :)

I see that you haven't read much of the thread.

Can someone tell me what the comp is that I am playing in on Sunday at Hartfield?

simmsy
12th April 2010, 12:04 PM
S'ford mate. i know your love for par isn't great so made sure it was the easy game.

Nuffie read the thread a little closer.

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2010, 01:14 PM
I love par, not off the new handi on a course that I don't know.

Nuffie
12th April 2010, 01:41 PM
S'ford mate. i know your love for par isn't great so made sure it was the easy game.

Simmsy, I just wasn't sure on what Sunday's event was - so couldn't tell JC. Wasn't just gonna say "the usual" as it changes from week to week. Sounds like you've sussed it out Simmsy, cheers for that and letting him know.

JC, I didn't realise also that you prefered not to play Par till you know the course better. Sorry for not checking with you first JC, I overlooked that as I tend not to worry about what comp it is, even on a course I haven't played. Each to their own :)

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2010, 02:30 PM
I'm in, Sat and Sun.

Aldo, Sat 820.

Would definitely be up for a hit next Sunday - in comp at Hartfield. Just not sure if there will be a spot in your pretty much confirmed starting group.

If that ends up being the case, maybe if JC or someone else wants a hit with me, I'll have to see tomorrw if I as a member can get another group going.

JC, Bruce Dickinson, Veefore, IDGG, TourFit, let me know if any of you can make it. I haven't seen the afternoon comp sheet yet though but will see now.

I see that you haven't read much of the thread.

Can someone tell me what the comp is that I am playing in on Sunday at Hartfield?

I love par, not off the new handi on a course that I don't know.

Simmsy, I just wasn't sure on what Sunday's event was - so couldn't tell JC. Wasn't just gonna say "the usual" as it changes from week to week. Sounds like you've sussed it out Simmsy, cheers for that and letting him know.

JC, I didn't realise also that you prefered not to play Par till you know the course better. Sorry for not checking with you first JC, I overlooked that as I tend not to worry about what comp it is, even on a course I haven't played. Each to their own :)

Nuffie, read the selection above. Summarised for you.:mrgreen:

I only made the par comment after Simmsy told me it was stableford, long after I committed to playing.

Stay off the Carlton Cold, it melts your brain.

Hopefully we'll see you on Sunday. I hope the greens are rolling nicely.

TourFit
12th April 2010, 02:33 PM
Aren't the woodchips running at about 10' these days...?

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2010, 02:36 PM
With all those woodchips, hopefully there is some nice beaver around.

TourFit
12th April 2010, 03:18 PM
With all those woodchips, hopefully there is some nice beaver around.

In beige cardigans with blue rinses...

Zeusgolf
12th April 2010, 06:18 PM
In beige cardigans with blue rinses...

Could be worse seeing guys in tartan skirts playing the god awful bagpipes at the of the days play.....

TourFit
12th April 2010, 08:07 PM
Given a choice between the two, I'd rather have bagpipe playin' kilted Scotsmen than seeing the beavers of beige cardigan, blue rinsers Zeus...then again that may just be me!!!

Yossarian
12th April 2010, 09:03 PM
Good from you nuffie.

Nuffie
12th April 2010, 11:02 PM
Nuffie, read the selection above. Summarised for you.:mrgreen:

I only made the par comment after Simmsy told me it was stableford, long after I committed to playing.

Stay off the Carlton Cold, it melts your brain.

Hopefully we'll see you on Sunday. I hope the greens are rolling nicely.

Yeeeeeeeeeeehaa..... that's right.... laugh it up Captain Canada! Just keep it coming.....

For your info, Carlton Cold happened to be the first beer I learnt to enjoy at age 18. I drank it for a good few years as I worked in a busy bowling club of western Sydney and was around the stuff all the time. So if it supposedly "melts my brain" then it must be some strange wonder why I still completed my uni degree and was playing golf off 5?

The bit I dont get is... how do all you guys (whilst many of you are at work), possibly manage to keep up with every stinkin' little detail in these threads that just continue getting bigger and bigger? I only get to see small snippets of them during my day and write quick one off entries, as I actually have sh1tloads of work to do when I'm at work. Speaking of which, I got busted today on ozgolf by the bossman whilst using my work laptop. Does this mean now I need to invest in the latest new technological craze....an I-PHONE just to try keep up with the Jones'??? Don't even have enough $$$ to get a house, even a fast internet connection, give me a break! :)

I'll see you guys all on Sunday, JC the greens will be better but not quite at premium quality just yet - a few weeks off. I'd be hitting lots of 3w's on those doglegs where your driver cant get over the taller trees or runs out of room as it does with your length, but you'll work it out, you'll carve it up.

Will try to be there when you guys hit off. Afterwards I'll catch up for a beer. Sounds like I should continue sticking with what's working - THE COLDIES :)

Nuffie
12th April 2010, 11:17 PM
Given a choice between the two, I'd rather have bagpipe playin' kilted Scotsmen than seeing the beavers of beige cardigan, blue rinsers Zeus...then again that may just be me!!!

TourFit, that reminds me of my first ever WA round: Shot 23 over at Mt Lawley playing off 4 in early 2007, walked off the 18th asking "what the f%$k was going on?...." then saw these bagpipers doing their thing in front of me outside the clubhouse. I then repeated the question...

Yossarian
12th April 2010, 11:45 PM
One day the multiquote function will appear to him and he will be amazed.

Zeusgolf
13th April 2010, 12:17 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeehaa..... that's right.... laugh it up Captain Canada! Just keep it coming.....

For your info, Carlton Cold happened to be the first beer I learnt to enjoy at age 18. I drank it for a good few years as I worked in a busy bowling club of western Sydney and was around the stuff all the time. So if it supposedly "melts my brain" then it must be some strange wonder why I still completed my uni degree and was playing golf off 5?

The bit I dont get is... how do all you guys (whilst many of you are at work), possibly manage to keep up with every stinkin' little detail in these threads that just continue getting bigger and bigger? I only get to see small snippets of them during my day and write quick one off entries, as I actually have sh1tloads of work to do when I'm at work. Speaking of which, I got busted today on ozgolf by the bossman whilst using my work laptop. Does this mean now I need to invest in the latest new technological craze....an I-PHONE just to try keep up with the Jones'??? Don't even have enough $$$ to get a house, even a fast internet connection, give me a break! :)

I'll see you guys all on Sunday, JC the greens will be better but not quite at premium quality just yet - a few weeks off. I'd be hitting lots of 3w's on those doglegs where your driver cant get over the taller trees or runs out of room as it does with your length, but you'll work it out, you'll carve it up.

Will try to be there when you guys hit off. Afterwards I'll catch up for a beer. Sounds like I should continue sticking with what's working - THE COLDIES :)

TourFit, that reminds me of my first ever WA round: Shot 23 over at Mt Lawley playing off 4 in early 2007, walked off the 18th asking "what the f%$k was going on?...." then saw these bagpipers doing their thing in front of me outside the clubhouse. I then repeated the question...

Just testing

MegaWatty
13th April 2010, 12:25 AM

Nuffie
13th April 2010, 12:30 AM
Ok, hang on a sec...about to attempt something I've never done before, here goes....

Nuffie
13th April 2010, 12:36 AM

Gee I hope so too, coz the ears are burning

Good from you nuffie.

34 pts was getting there yesterday, lets hope what's about to happen gets me there today...

I'm really hoping it's also gonna work on mine, coz this could be about to make me look like a real nuffie....

Ok, hang on a sec...about to attempt something I've never done before, here goes....

Did I get it????? Did it work???? ITS A MIRACLE! :):):)

MegaWatty
13th April 2010, 12:52 AM

Yossarian
13th April 2010, 04:00 PM
I'm gonna have to pull out guys something has come up. Sorry. :(

Johnny Canuck
13th April 2010, 04:17 PM

That's what she said!

Yossarian
13th April 2010, 04:26 PM
:lol:

I wish I could claim I was trying to set that up.

idgolfguy
13th April 2010, 04:36 PM
I may be able to play if no one else wants to. Won't be able to confirm till tomorrow.

simmsy
13th April 2010, 07:49 PM
i think all have confirmed idg, but will slot you in if anyone turns ghey.

theres two slots still available with Nuffie i think mate get hold of him for a hit.

simmsy
13th April 2010, 07:50 PM
yoss - you're locked in for this game aren't you??

Zeusgolf
13th April 2010, 08:10 PM
Bergsey was thinking of playing as well

Yossarian
13th April 2010, 08:25 PM

This.

Zeusgolf
13th April 2010, 08:26 PM
This.

Ghey......when can i pick up the 3wood.....going to take it to TF on the 19th to re shaft it.....

Yossarian
13th April 2010, 08:29 PM
Didn't you take it on sunday?

Just checked, you didn't.

Um I dunno I'll be home most days this week.

Zeusgolf
13th April 2010, 08:32 PM
Didn't you take it on sunday?

Just checked, you didn't.

Um I dunno I'll be home most days this week.

I forgot.....I will pop over tomorrow, have to smack someone in freo tomorrow so ill come over on the way back txt me you home addy....have your bank details handy and ill do a transfer on Thurs.....

Yossarian
13th April 2010, 08:36 PM
Cool, too easy

simmsy
13th April 2010, 08:53 PM
This.

ok, sorry mate didn't see it.

Who was next in line to play on sunday?? I think we had IDG, Nuff & Bergsey asking - who's putting there hand up??

Yossarian
13th April 2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry simmsy I meant to add a :) to that, it is no suprise we miss things occasionally. ;)

simmsy
13th April 2010, 08:57 PM
well with the gibber-ish that gets poured upon us here there is a fair amount of filtering goes on when i read posts and tend to miss quiet a few things. I hope you've got somewhere better to be and not being dictated to by your luvly.

Yossarian
13th April 2010, 08:58 PM
If by better you mean group work, and by group work I don't mean an all male orgy, at uni then yes I have somewhere better to be.

Johnny Canuck
13th April 2010, 11:46 PM
tiger said he was looking forward to playing with you again simmsy. i can see if he can make it sunday.

simmsy
14th April 2010, 12:24 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAAAAAA!!!

Man he would be a HOOT at Hartfield wouldn't he!

If you become a member, you can invite him - I don't need the suspension.

TourFit
14th April 2010, 01:01 PM
Oh, I think MORE than a suspension would be handed out if you brought him along to Hartfield...

Nuffie
14th April 2010, 02:48 PM
Who was next in line to play on sunday?? I think we had IDG, Nuff & Bergsey asking - who's putting there hand up??

I'd be keen to take Yoss' place, however IDGG or Bergsey might want it instead, so do either of you guys want that spot?

There's the possibility also I could stay where I'm currently booked (2 groups back) and be able get two more players into my group - if they end up left over from the main one.

Just not Tiger - don't need a suspension either :)

bergsey
14th April 2010, 07:31 PM
I need to just do a quick double check tonight to see what we have on around lunchtime. If someone else really wants in then happy to just have a hit at Yokine in the morning comp.

Cheers

simmsy
14th April 2010, 08:37 PM
Bergsey - get onto Nuffie's timeslot and see if you guys can get 'fit or someone else in as well.

bergsey
14th April 2010, 10:13 PM
Bergsey - get onto Nuffie's timeslot and see if you guys can get 'fit or someone else in as well.

Sunday looks ok, so I'm in if possible

Nuffie
15th April 2010, 10:23 AM
Sunday looks ok, so I'm in if possible

I have one slot left Bergsey, so send me your golflink # to my inbox on here quick. I'll try get you in this morning before the spot goes and let you know if I'm successful.

Zeusgolf
15th April 2010, 10:37 AM
I have one slot left Bergsey, so send me your golflink # to my inbox on here quick. I'll try get you in this morning before the spot goes and let you know if I'm successful.

Nuffie just ring in and book it as reserved....

Nuffie
15th April 2010, 11:53 AM
Nuffie just ring in and book it as reserved....

I've just booked him as a guest, but Lisa in the office needs his golflink number this morning or else they wont keep the place. Can anyone get a hold of Bergsey quickly and tell him to confirm his G-link #?

bergsey
15th April 2010, 11:54 AM
Nuffie, just sent you a PM

Nuffie
15th April 2010, 12:10 PM
Yep, received it and replied. Your in.

Looks like the man who CAN hold his drink, is playing with the one that can't (well who can't hold onto his bottle).

idgolfguy
15th April 2010, 09:17 PM
Played Hartfield with MegaWatty this morning. Megawatty hit 35 points with some poor 3 putting.

I made a fool of myself with 28 points with reasonable putting and poor irons in.

TourFit
16th April 2010, 11:08 AM
35 pts with poor 3 putting = VOODOO LURVE ????

MegaWatty
16th April 2010, 11:25 AM
35 pts with poor 3 putting = VOODOO LURVE ????
'fraid not. I think they're going on to the open market. I'm starting to think I might look at stout Reg shafts in the future. I thin kthe VS Proto is the best shaft for me at the moment.

And the return to the Mizzy irons has me understanding the difference. I hit them pretty well.

And thanks for the reminder to check if I got an NTP!

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2010, 11:38 AM
What do you have in 9015d heads ATM Mega?

MegaWatty
16th April 2010, 11:44 AM
What do you have in 9015d heads ATM Mega?
Still got the VS Proto in the 10.5 and a VooDoo in the 9.5.

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2010, 11:55 AM
Damn, missed the Platinum.

simmsy
18th April 2010, 10:43 AM
IDG has shunned us, Bergsey stepped up to the plate though.

bergsey
18th April 2010, 12:10 PM
IDG has shunned us, Bergsey stepped up to the plate though.

Nah i asked IDG if he could swap as needed the earlier tee time. See yas soon

Yossarian
18th April 2010, 08:09 PM
Scores homos?

Zeusgolf
18th April 2010, 08:30 PM
Nuf 36
ID 35
Z 35
OMS ?
Soroks Prick 32
Bergsalicious 27

MegaWatty
18th April 2010, 08:48 PM
Nuf 36
ID 35
Z 35
OMS ?
Soroks Prick 32
Bergsalicious 27
OMS 27

How'd you find the course JC? A few greens inconsistent?

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2010, 09:13 PM
24 putts with no wipes. The greens were inconsistent, but rolled pretty true. Loved them today.

The front nine is nice. One is a good opener, the huge bunker in front of the green is so big and steep that it is comical. 5 is a nice hole. The long 4 (8th?) is a pretty good. The short 4 (7?) is a good short hole. I like short par 4s when they are done right.

I actually like 13 now that I know to hit 3 wood off the tee. I still don't like 16 as I think the landing area is too small.

Some bunkers were pretty average and could use a good raking and some more sand. I was on hardpan on the one that I hit on 15.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and think that I'll be joining.

MegaWatty
18th April 2010, 09:18 PM
Good to hear mate. I guess you'll learn more and more about landing zones and club selection the more you get to play the course.

24 putts on incosistent greens is impressive! Is it more of a case of good short game work or you putted great?

I think the greens need another 2 weeks to be spot on again. They're nice, but some are still a bit slowish.

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2010, 09:22 PM
I missed a lot of greens, but made my good share of 8 to 15 footers as well. The Redwood is firmly in the bag.

I wasted a few shots. Getting blocked out on 15 pissed me off when I nutted my tee shot. The hardpan bunker was a lost shot. A failed flop shot on the last cost me another. I had a chance to get to 3 of the 5s in two and missed all 3 greens. There is some room for improvement.

simmsy
18th April 2010, 10:11 PM
scores in OP

simmsy
18th April 2010, 10:46 PM
shot of the day definitely belonged to JC on the 5th where he tried the ambitious wedge off the tree back to the green, the result could of been Yoss-like but he did pretty well in the end to salvage 2 points.
Thanks to all for coming along it was a good day for it out there.

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2010, 10:50 PM
I also pretty well hit the shot running. I think I ended up behind the tree at the same time the ball hit it. I did not want to be compared to Yoss on a golf course (or anywhere else for that matter).

Yossarian
19th April 2010, 11:28 AM
I also pretty well hit the shot running. I think I ended up behind the tree at the same time the ball hit it. I did not want to be compared to Yoss on a golf course (except in intellect and good looks).

Fixed.

bergsey
19th April 2010, 12:16 PM
I went out 0.4 after yesterdays round. This new system will take some getting used to....

Yossarian
19th April 2010, 12:49 PM
Were the woodchips running pure?

idgolfguy
19th April 2010, 04:46 PM
I went out 0.2 on a 35 point effort.

Veefore
19th April 2010, 05:23 PM
I went down 0.2 after shooting 1 over my handicap.

Johnny Canuck
19th April 2010, 05:40 PM
I had two bourbons with Bergsey after finishing my round.

idgolfguy
19th April 2010, 05:57 PM
If I had 2, I would not be legal to drive.

bergsey
19th April 2010, 06:06 PM
Were the woodchips running pure?

I was lamenting the change to new grooves on my vokeys..... surely with the old grooves i would have got more spin off those woodchips..... :)

Zeusgolf
19th April 2010, 07:21 PM
I was lamenting the change to new grooves on my vokeys..... surely with the old grooves i would have got more spin off those woodchips..... :)

When we found our balls on the woodchips... i can believe there we so many lost.....

Nuffie
20th April 2010, 02:56 PM
I went down 0.2 after shooting 1 over my handicap.

I went out 0.2 on a 35 point effort.

I went out 0.4 after yesterdays round. This new system will take some getting used to....

That's whats so different about the new handicap system, your handicap movement is based not just on the latest score you shoot.

If one real good score falls out of your last 20 rounds, all of a sudden you need 39pts in your next game to stay on the very same handicap.

Its a system that rewards consistency, not just the once in a blue moon 40pt score with heaps of 30pt ones in between.

I'm not the only one that has to lift their game in this area, thats 4 sure.

Zeusgolf
13th May 2010, 01:15 AM
Bumped for POTY

Choppa
18th May 2010, 01:18 PM
Included in 2010 POTY