Jack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Dotty
7th April 2010, 05:29 PM
Doesn't count.

Not in competition.

ParMaster
7th April 2010, 05:30 PM
A good amount of lag you have there. I really like how fluent it is though.

Jarro
7th April 2010, 05:32 PM
Too much overswing

dan
7th April 2010, 05:37 PM
The swing is quite slappy but very decent.

Body wise - you could be peter lonards twin.

Yossarian
7th April 2010, 05:37 PM
Nice guns.

markTHEblake
7th April 2010, 05:41 PM
Doesnt look anything like the fat bloke that played at palm meadows.

razaar
7th April 2010, 05:47 PM
Nice and relaxed, I like that Jack. Plenty of power to call on if needed. Similar to a Payne Stewart type of action and one that will last for a long time.

3oneday
7th April 2010, 05:48 PM
Exactly what dan said, I was waiting for Lonards swing :lol:

You look a very attractive man jack 8)

Webster
7th April 2010, 05:48 PM
Too much overswing

Nonsense, no such thing as overschawing.

Doesnt look anything like the fat bloke that played at palm meadows.

You have me confused with G69 (although we do look a bit similar)

Moe Norman
7th April 2010, 05:49 PM
you must be a good putter

Webster
7th April 2010, 05:50 PM
you must be a good putter

I will need to be when I get my new scratch handicap on Friday...

Minor_Threat
7th April 2010, 05:54 PM
Solid swing Jack, my guess is you dont get yourself into too much trouble with it either.

I hear you in regards to the new handicap thing, it's going to put me on +1 :(

Webster
7th April 2010, 05:57 PM
I have always crossed the line (point to the right of target) at the top of my backswing, and for years played a hard draw which was serviceable but largely uncontrollable. Now that I hit pretty much everything with a fade I don't tend to get into too much strife.

The new handicap will take a fair bit of getting used to..

kpac
7th April 2010, 05:59 PM
Good rotation through swing. Is the pill towards the front of your stance, or was it simply the angle of the video?.... Very fluid too...

Are you related to 69'r?

Webster
7th April 2010, 06:19 PM
kpac, the ball position is just inside the left heel. And no, I am not related to 69'er....thankfully...

henno
7th April 2010, 06:29 PM
That is a purdy swing. Beautiful tempo and looks so easy.

kpac
7th April 2010, 06:43 PM
I am not related to 69'er....thankfully...
Bloodtest required

As for the swing, what's the reason for playing the ball slightly forward in stance?? Your shift of weight seems accentuated by it... I use to have a similar ball position, but was convinced to bring it back to a neutral position...

Webster
7th April 2010, 06:44 PM
kpac, I just hit it better when the ball is there. It goes back a bit for the wedges though.

LarryLong
7th April 2010, 06:46 PM
Boring!

Where are all the whacky swing flaws, the dodgy clothes or strange stuff in the background?

sms316
7th April 2010, 07:01 PM
The new handicap will take a fair bit of getting used to..

Just leave the handbrake at home (or did you leave it at Shepparton?).

markTHEblake
7th April 2010, 07:12 PM
You have me confused with G69 (although we do look a bit similar)

That would be the greyhair. You definitely have lost weight, perhaps we should could you Slim from now on.

Johnny Canuck
7th April 2010, 07:40 PM
You need an apostrophe on "Jacks".

Is that a new golf bag? Has the what's in the bag been updated?

Nice, effortless swing. Did Zig help you with it?

TheNuclearOne
7th April 2010, 07:50 PM
There's that late hit and flat left wrist everyone chases. TGM would love you with such a short pulley on the downswing, jeez. I bet you generate power very very easily.

Webster
7th April 2010, 07:53 PM
not my bag, belongs to the chap who held the camera. How can you not learn from the Zig?

TMO, I cant be doing any of that shit cos I've never read Homers book.

TheNuclearOne
7th April 2010, 08:00 PM
A lot of good swings just "have" it Jack. You would have almost effortless power i'd imagine. Sure looks easy.

Moe Norman
7th April 2010, 09:04 PM
norman hit everything from inside the left heel.

Tongueboy
7th April 2010, 09:48 PM
including chrissy? looks good old mate. nice and simple

mike
7th April 2010, 09:51 PM
Awful.

Scottt
7th April 2010, 10:00 PM
Hogan wrote in 5 Lessons about the importance of keeping the left arm straight always from address to impact, and I took it to heart, but I keep seeing good players who break their left arm (not Bogut-style, thankfully) on the way back.

What's the story?

Yossarian
7th April 2010, 10:02 PM
Hogan was a chopper.

Johnny Canuck
7th April 2010, 10:07 PM
Any chance you can throw the driver swing up when you have a chance?

razaar
8th April 2010, 05:19 AM
Hogan wrote in 5 Lessons about the importance of keeping the left arm straight always from address to impact, and I took it to heart, but I keep seeing good players who break their left arm (not Bogut-style, thankfully) on the way back.

What's the story?

Hogan described the swing (some of it anyway) as it related to him. He was a left hander who played right handed, so his left side was very strong and controlled everything in his golf swing. His arms were very relaxed and slightly bent at address, much like Geoff Ogilvy's. Relaxed arms are fast arms - fast arms = fast clubhead. Tight arms = tight shoulders = slow arms = pulls = incomplete shoulder turn = bad day on the course.
A better description is a relaxed extended left arm. About 20 years ago, Calvin Pete was the most accurate ball striker on the USPGA Tour. He had a withered left arm that couldn't be straightened. http://www.scigolf.com/scigolf/myths/archives/jackarchives12.htm

Scottt
8th April 2010, 05:25 AM
Well there you go. Living a lie. Now I know how Elin feels.

3oneday
8th April 2010, 06:14 AM
I have to say, I don't believe that is your on course swing. You wouldn't generate any spin at that pace.

Jarro
8th April 2010, 06:36 AM
I have to say, I don't believe that is your on course swing. You wouldn't generate any spin at that pace.

Agreed.

That's his range schwing for sure

razaar
8th April 2010, 07:12 AM
Are both you blokes deaf, listen to the sound of impact on the replay. Jack obviously plays a variety of shots with the same club.. ie the bunt driver.

3oneday
8th April 2010, 07:19 AM
They'd all look like knuckle balls with that swing for sure ;)

sms316
8th April 2010, 07:37 AM
Jack is a flusher. It is just a fact that at his age the putting nerves begin to appear.

mint
8th April 2010, 09:00 AM
I like it. look so comfortable with your own swing, not over hitting it, great follow through.

Very nice. I take back all those nasty things I said about you! haha

Webster
8th April 2010, 12:08 PM

Agreed. That's his range schwing for sure
I get plenty of nice jizzy spin thanks 3OD. Might be the grooves though..and WTF is a range swing Jarro?

Jack is a flusher. It is just a fact that at his age the putting nerves begin to appear.
Just as well I keep knocking it closer and closer then big boy. Bourban cans are good for nerves, if thats an issue.

I like it. look so comfortable with your own swing, not over hitting it, great follow through. Very nice. I take back all those nasty things I said about you! haha
Thanks for that. But I still think you are a bit of a tool. Call it even?

3oneday
8th April 2010, 12:39 PM
I get plenty of nice jizzy spin thanks 3OD. Might be the grooves though..
doubtful, probably the extra spin you get from the rough, buy a new driver.

goughy
8th April 2010, 05:23 PM
Smoother than a fine cuban!!

markTHEblake
8th April 2010, 10:13 PM
even golfer69 would look solid swinging a 7iron. Lets see how good you are with that driving iron Slim boy

mint
9th April 2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for that. But I still think you are a bit of a tool. Call it even?[/QUOTE]

well i am guessing you think everyone is a bit of a tool so yeah its even...haha

Peter
9th April 2010, 10:31 AM
Looks like the swing of a scratch marker.

Jack, did you find it easy to change from a draw to a fade?

Webster
9th April 2010, 10:58 AM
Peter, once I understood why I couldn't continue with an unnatural draw (particularly with the cross the line position at the top), which took one lesson, and a lot of practice, the rest sort of just fell into place after a while. I wouldnt say it was an easy change to make, but it did get my swing back to where it ought to have been all along. No more dragging it back on the inside then flipping through impact to get the clubface square. Now I just take it back a bit wider and the rest just takes care of itself. The fade is so much more accurate and gives much better distance control with the mid and short irons. I wish I had done this a long time ago.

Webster
9th April 2010, 05:13 PM
Any chance you can throw the driver swing up when you have a chance?

Here you go JC. A bit more gut in this one too, must be a slightly fatter shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER5kHmV4KvU=

Johnny Canuck
9th April 2010, 05:29 PM
Effortless. 240, gun barrel straight?

Tongueboy
9th April 2010, 05:31 PM
smooth mate

green with envy

TheTrueReview
9th April 2010, 09:26 PM
Looks a lot like Robert Allenby's swing. ;)

Dennis
9th April 2010, 09:47 PM
Looks like a swing asian pennant players would be scared of.

petethepilot
11th April 2010, 11:30 AM
I have new respect Jack. Very simple.
I'm thinking Fred Funk with a love of steaks and red wine. Mind you I resemble the gut too!!

The Pilot

BTW What course are you at? I initially thought Metro but the building in the background doesn't quite match!

moree golfer
12th April 2010, 10:14 AM
Nice lag Jack! I would love to have that in my swing :mrgreen:. I am working hard on it tho'.

Bushka
12th April 2010, 10:57 AM
Lovely lovely lovely.

ParMaster
19th April 2010, 08:33 PM
I have new respect Jack. Very simple.
I'm thinking Fred Funk with a love of steaks and red wine. Mind you I resemble the gut too!!

The Pilot

BTW What course are you at? I initially thought Metro but the building in the background doesn't quite match!

I think it's Commonwealth.

I agree, his swing is great. How far do you hit it Jack? It doesn't look like you get a lot of swing speed on the way back, but from halfway down it looks like you rip it.

razaar
19th April 2010, 09:11 PM
Looking at the still pic I would say it is a "just outside of straight down the line and hang on" swing that will give Jack almost the full width of the fairway from left to right to get it right. There is a saying "you can talk to a fade, but you can't talk to a hook" although golfers who hook the ball yell at it more than most except the ball never listens.;)